1997 FORD CVPI (NEW INSTALL BOTTOM P1)

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
She's not much, but this is my current ride for a small local pd. It has the following;

Federal Signal Jet Strobe w/ 10 strobes, 2 front-4 rear flashers along the 2 takedowns and alleys.

2 Code 3 XT6's on rear deck.

2 Code 3 XT3's in grille.

Federal Signal dual Viper on dash.

2 Nova front corner strobes on 2/40 power pack.

Sho-Me headlight flasher

Dynamax speaker

Pro-Copper console w/ Code 3 RLS, Midland Radio, and Stalker Dual SL radar system along with Sentina Cage.

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm291_deputystephenson_th_copcar002.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm291_deputystephenson_th_copcar001.jpg

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Just hauled our '94 Crown Vic to the old fire hall for the last time. 1994 P71, ex-sheriff's car, used by my agency for about 12 years as a town marshal car until we replaced it with my 02 impala two springs ago. No one knew what to do with the old car, so it has been sitting at the sewage plant since. One window busted out, doors rusted out, headliner sagging, no hubcaps. The board ordered me to strip it, salvage what I can, and prepare it for sale. I went out with the town maintenance guy, we jumped it, it fired RIGHT up. Hasn't been run in over two years. Still has 3/4 tank of gas!

I drove it out the gate, did a couple of "test" stops and "checked the steering" and found that the car runs like a top, blows a little blue smoke, but pulls hard. Siren worked, full-size MX-7000 all-light with arrowstick which was brand new prior to being parked. Lenses are cracked and faded though.

cpdchief

May 22, 2010
Madison County, AL
kadetklapp said:
Just hauled our '94 Crown Vic to the old fire hall for the last time. 1994 P71, ex-sheriff's car, used by my agency for about 12 years as a town marshal car until we replaced it with my 02 impala two springs ago. No one knew what to do with the old car, so it has been sitting at the sewage plant since. One window busted out, doors rusted out, headliner sagging, no hubcaps. The board ordered me to strip it, salvage what I can, and prepare it for sale. I went out with the town maintenance guy, we jumped it, it fired RIGHT up. Hasn't been run in over two years. Still has 3/4 tank of gas!

I drove it out the gate, did a couple of "test" stops and "checked the steering" and found that the car runs like a top, blows a little blue smoke, but pulls hard. Siren worked, full-size MX-7000 all-light with arrowstick which was brand new prior to being parked. Lenses are cracked and faded though.

Pics?

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
i have said it once and i will say it again, it is good to see a car this old still in service and in as good as shape as it is and the led upgrades look great. just out of curiosity how many miles does this beast have on it?

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Cant speak for the OP (sorry for the hijack) but this brown turd (as we lovingly call it) has only 124,000 miles. As you can see, it was never taken care of very well.

As an aside, the install job was top-notch. I know the town marshal who drove this car about ten years ago, and he's also an installer (active to this day) he used tons of relays and Buss breakers.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I'll bet is has that old cop-car smell: sun-roasted vinyl and wino. And a sticky steering wheel.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
That it does!

It will make a good first car for some teenager. They will get a strong running car that's not reliable enough to take them very far, they will be able to hone their skills in duct-tape body work, bungee cord reinforcement, tire changing, battery swapping, and telling the difference between rusty mud and engine oil :)

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
Jasen Hatfield said:
i have said it once and i will say it again, it is good to see a car this old still in service and in as good as shape as it is and the led upgrades look great. just out of curiosity how many miles does this beast have on it?

When I was pulling into the garage at the end of my last shift it rolled over to 200,000 miles. :D

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
DEPUTYSTEPHENSON said:
When I was pulling into the garage at the end of my last shift it rolled over to 200,000 miles. :D

Wow that's pretty good for a CV! Not many new body style ones will run that long. I'm surprised your insurance company doesn't have a fit about the mileage!

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
kadetklapp said:
Wow that's pretty good for a CV! Not many new body style ones will run that long. I'm surprised your insurance company doesn't have a fit about the mileage!

I don't understand why the insurance company would worry about mileage, but if I can find a 1995-1997 Chevrolet Caprice or Ford Crown Victoria with less then 100,000 miles what runs and looks good it's getting replaced with it. If not I'm hoping my grant this year will help pay for a used car from the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
kadetklapp said:

Our fleet of CVPI's at the Sheriffs Office I used to be on easily had close to (and some way over) 200K miles.

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
In the last week I had the alternator go out, a brake problem and a shifter issue. It went to the shop the other day and they fixed everything and gave her a tune-up. They told the mayor when he picked it up that it was one of the nicest and strongest Ford CVPI they had worked on and said she was still good to go for a long time.

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
Due to some major issues the car is getting some new equipment and a new install. The car will have the following:

ROOF

Code 3 2100P in red/blue (rotator pattern)

FRONT

2 Code 3 XT3's in grille.

2 Nova front corner strobes on 2/40 power pack.

Sho-Me headlight flasher

Dynamax speaker

REAR

2 dual STROBESNMORE dash lights in r/r and b/b (on each side of 3rd brake light).

SoundOff flashback taillight flasher

INSIDE

Pro-Copper console w/ Code 3 RLS, Midland Radio, and Stalker Dual SL radar system along with Sentina Cage.

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm291_deputystephenson_th_DSCF0063.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm291_deputystephenson_th_DSCF0064.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCO

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.