1998 Ford Expedition Info

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Ok I'm hoping this is in the right section, if not, feel free to move.

I have a 1998 Ford Expedition and I'm looking for ideas as to how to set up the "control center". I've looked for pictures both here and on the web but didn't have any luck. I have an idea as to where to mount everything but I just want to see what the "pro's" have done with this.

When I do an install I usually like to try to make things look like they were installed by the factory. I don't have any pics of my last install right now but I will get some soon. In the mean time I will add a picture of another install that is almost exactly like my install, mine uses red lighting and black switches with red indicators.

5.jpg[/attachment:2kivy9k8]

If you have any pictures of 1998 Ford Expos you have done, please share.

Thanks

D

5.jpg

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
A member on another site made the face plate and I made the rest on mine. The box is a factory cassette deck used in the 99 Grand Am after I gutted everything out of it. I still need to cut out the trim for the panel and install it but I've misplaced the part.

I did some more digging and found a few pictures from when I built the panel...

0730091336.jpg[/attachment:2dolawor]

This was when I was placing the LEDs used to back light the panel.

0801092005a.jpg[/attachment:2dolawor]

This was after I installed the unit into my car, the vehicle is a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am

0801092007.jpg[/attachment:2dolawor]

When I took the pictures it was at night and I never got any daylight photos of the panel, this is the reason for the flashlight.

0730091336.jpg

0801092005a.jpg

0801092007.jpg

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
I guess I should show a picture of my car so everyone can see why I have a switch panel in a Grand Am :lol:

NY State law prevents me from driving the car with the lights on and I decided to make something that didn't detract from the car.

IMG_8803.JPG[/attachment:e58i8toj]

IMG_8803.JPG

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Well, nice work, although not my cup of tea. ;)

Now, isn't the "E" in E-lightbar for EMERGENCY ? That doesn't look like the neighborhood DARE unit to me ? :?

Then again I'm French, what do I know... :p

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Nope you are correct.

I'm still looking for Expedition pictures so I can setup my EVL lights in it.

What was posted was just to give an idea, and show why I prefer a setup that is clean and looks factory.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I kinda like it... But have any cops harassed you over the red underglow?

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
i have an 04 grand am.. i LOVE that switch pannel!!!

R Marra

May 22, 2010
USA/NJ Warren county
Shadow D, All there is for the control center is a Whelen Cen-com and a arrow stick controller mounted on 2 L brackets attached to the lower dash panel tilting it down . But he did not want a console taking up floor space . If you need more pics let me know and I will see what I can do. Ray.

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Shadow-D said:
I have a 1998 Ford Expedition and I'm looking for ideas as to how to set up the "control center". I've looked for pictures both here and on the web but didn't have any luck. I have an idea as to where to mount everything but I just want to see what the "pro's" have done with this.

When I do an install I usually like to try to make things look like they were installed by the factory.

If you have any pictures of 1997 - 1999 Ford Expeditions you have done, or seen, please share.

Thanks

D
Quoted with a couple of changes.

I'm getting ready to start my install so I need some ideas

Thanks

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Ok time for an updated post.

Yes I'm still looking for ideas but I've decided that I am going to remove the center console and build my own this spring. I'm also going to build an organizer for the rear that will have provisions for radios, traffic cones and a table that slides out so that this can be used as sort of a "Mobile Command Post".

I will take lots of pictures as I progress with this install.

And to answer the above question, I have been in contact with the guy that made the face plate and he no longer has the ability to make them. I've been following up on a few leads to no avail.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Oh my, is that a JetSolaris?! I love those...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.