1998 Mercury Mystique aka Mistake. Lot's of LED's

westville2021

Aug 8, 2010
LaPorte, IN
I'm a volunteer fire fighter in NW Indiana. This is my 1998 Mercury Mystique, or as I like to call it, Mistake. The lights are all LED and feature Whelen, Sound Off Signal, Tomar, Axixtech and Strobesnmore brand lighting.

Link to Video below.

And yes, I know my lights are worth more than the car so dont leave that as a comment, LOL.

Axixtech Stealth Visor.jpg

Front view.jpg

Sound Off Intersector.jpg

Sound Off Universal Undercover.jpg

StrobesNMore D12.jpg

StrobesNMore E46.jpg

Tomar Rect13.jpg

westville2021

Aug 8, 2010
LaPorte, IN
crash_over-ride said:
What kind of V&T Laws does Indiana have for vollies? Do you guys run courtesy lights, or are POVs considered emergency vehicles?

Indiana is just courtesy by law. Most people assume we are emergency vehicles though. We have to follow all traffic laws like everyone else.

westville2021

Aug 8, 2010
LaPorte, IN
emtmike said:
looks good, have a list of products you put in??

Axixtech Stealth Visor

Strobes N More D12 Dash light

Strobes N More E46 Rear Deck Light

Whelen Vertex x 4 in rear brake/reverse lights

Sound Off Signal Universal Undercover split B/W LED HAW's in front turn signals

Sound Off Signal Intersectors under Mirrors

Sound Off Signal Headlight Flasher w/ multi pattern options

Tomar Rect13's on front license plate

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
westville2021 said:
And yes, I know my lights are worth more than the car so dont leave that as a comment, LOL.

Your lights are worth more than 2 or 3 of your cars.

Don't mean to crap on your thread, but way overkill. Way overdone on the front, I'd take those two off the LP and find a way to mount them in the rear passenger windows.

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
Does your D12 ever just flash half of the lights? Mine does and I can't remember how to reset the light and have all the lights come on again. Something with the switches when plugging it in. Otherwise nice set up on your car there. I am not a blue fan must be the Wisconsin in me!

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT

May 22, 2010
NYC, NY
crash_over-ride said:
What kind of V&T Laws does Indiana have for vollies? Do you guys run courtesy lights, or are POVs considered emergency vehicles?

Bad ones for EMT's.... Decent ones for FF's.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.