1999 GMC sierra POV

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
here is my POV hope you like it .... i will post more still pictures when i can

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Personally I'd move the mini phantom down lower on the dash, because it is probably not noticeable at night. Other than that great install, looks good. :D

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Nice install. Like everyone said you have too much flashback from the mini phantom. If it bothers you move it if not leave it.

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
VolEms said:
Nice install. Like everyone said you have too much flashback from the mini phantom. If it bothers you move it if not leave it.
i dont have any problems with flashback. And as for moving it down lower on the windshield it really is not an option because i have a gps unit mounted lower on the windshield.

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
here is my 1999 GMC Sierra POV

Currently i have these installed:

mini-phantom all red

whelen edge light bar all red with a arrow stick

whelen dominator / all red

Kenwood TK-7160 (vhf)

Whelen 295SLSA1 Siren (200 watt)

soon to come:

kenwood uhf radio

hide-a-ways in the head lights and tail lights

i am also going to update my edge light bar in the included video you may notice that the halogen flashers do not work...i am going to replace those with LED inserts....i will post pictures when that is compleated.

Remember that this truck is a work in progress....any comments or advice are welcome....014.JPG[/attachment:2cgkgcjk]015.JPG[/attachment:2cgkgcjk]016.JPG[/attachment:2cgkgcjk]020.JPG[/attachment:2cgkgcjk] :D :cool:

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

013.JPG

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
Boss429 said:
Personally I'd move the mini phantom down lower on the dash, because it is probably not noticeable at night. Other than that great install, looks good. :D

mini phantoms are plenty bright. I've had one on my car for going on a year and a half, and have never had problems with traffic NOT moving.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
tcfd823 said:
mini phantoms are plenty bright. I've had one on my car for going on a year and a half, and have never had problems with traffic NOT moving.

I never implied that mini phantom's are not bright. I'm just saying that at night the Lightbar may over take the mini phantom and it may not be noticable at night... Notice I said 'I'd move the mini phantom down lower in the dash'

Watch the video at 00:31 - 00:35 and you will see what I'm talking about...well maybe not...

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
Falcfire803 said:
I do some installs one thing I would with your set up is get a flash back sheild for that mini and drop it all the way to the bottom of the window!

I guess you don't do much forum posting. Not only did you revive a year and a half old topic, but you did it to say the exact same thing that multiple people had advised when the topic was current. :bonk:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.