2000 Chevy Silverado Z-71 POV: TRY 2

mauryfireman

Aug 15, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I have a 2000 Silverado with a few lights.

I currently have:

Whelen Strobe kit in headlights and taillights

7- TIR 3 style lightheads on tool box; 3 across the back and 2 on each side

2- north american signal company high power amber light heads on reese hitch

4-STL G8 grill lights

2-knock-off led light heads in each side window

More still to come

********************************************NEW**********************************************

I have ordered from Ledguy The Rocket X TIR4 8-head light stick in r/w/r/w/r/w/r/w setup for the front window and two SEM4 lights r/w for the side bumper where the bumper and the front fender meet.

Next up will be a full brush guard with headlight guards. Plan to put a SEM4 on each side of the guard facing to the side for intercetions. Also a couple more thing that are top secret. Can't wait to do them. Don't want to say what it is because someone then might try to copy me and do it before I get a chance to!!!

**********************************************************************************************

Pictures:

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWEuanBn_1.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWMuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWIuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWwuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWQuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWUuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWYuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWcuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWguanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YW4uanBn_1.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YW0uanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXAuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YW8uanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWouanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YWsuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXEuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXMuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXIuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXQuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXcuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXYuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXUuanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXguanBn.jpg

ai1112.photobucket.com_albums_k498_mauryfireman_YXkuanBn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Looks pretty good do you have a dash light mounted or just those grill lights and hide away strobes

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
mauryfireman said:
For now all i have is the grill lights and strobes. Looking to put a full interior light bar in it but aint found one yet that is affordable.

Make your own i made mine i just orderd the empty interior lightbar shell from SVP for $50 bucks very good quality made out of aluminum then added about $150 bucks worth of pimp pods in it Red/Blue/White "junior tir 3 style lights pretty much look like pimp pods" and it looks sweeeeeeeet. Everyone thinks it came from the factory like that but i actually made it from scratch. :cool:

mauryfireman

Aug 15, 2010
North Carolina, USA
Yea i think its a little off. But hard to tell unless you really look at it some. I want to fix it bout its only like 1/16 or 1/8 of an inch off. I think its going to be too hard to fix that.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Station 3 said:
Make your own i made mine i just orderd the empty interior lightbar shell from SVP for $50 bucks very good quality made out of aluminum then added about $150 bucks worth of pimp pods in it Red/Blue/White "junior tir 3 style lights pretty much look like pimp pods" and it looks sweeeeeeeet. Everyone thinks it came from the factory like that but i actually made it from scratch. :cool:

wait companies sell empty shells?!!

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
mauryfireman said:
+2. And how much did all that cost?[/quote:239bnl65]

+3. I can't find any listings from SVP on a shell. Hook us up with the 411.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I got it from some where on this forum a company sells them but i know they are empty SVP shells just by looking at it. But i did find it in this forum a while back and i placed the order cant find any info on it but it has to be in this forum somewhere.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Nice setup...How did u come up w the amber lights on the reese hitch thats a first for me i've never seen them in that spot...

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
The 2 outside lights on the rear of the toolbox are crooked and it drives me nuts :D

mauryfireman

Aug 15, 2010
North Carolina, USA
RMBROWN said:
Nice setup...How did u come up w the amber lights on the reese hitch thats a first for me i've never seen them in that spot...

IDK. I had them and they are pretty big in size, very deep. So I was just holding them up in different places to see where I wanted them. I was trying them beside the license plate but they didnt look right because they were so deep. And while I was down there it just hit me, "Try beside the ball." And when I did they fit perfectly. They are almost flush with the read bumper.

And only one light is crooked.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Station 3 said:
I got it from some where on this forum a company sells them but i know they are empty SVP shells just by looking at it. But i did find it in this forum a while back and i placed the order cant find any info on it but it has to be in this forum somewhere.

actually its a Sound Off shroud

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
other than the crooked light on the tool box and the grill lights should be staggered,it looks like a effective set up,good luck with it

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
I have the same year truck..and i was wondering if you have any pics of the inside console area?My dad and I built a custom console out of wood its not totally finished but looks good..My setup consist of: a whelen mini edge all red lin6 and strobes and a whelen slimiser r/w dashlight for now still would like to put amber lin 6 in the rear of the bar and get a couple of grille lights for the front but idk where i want to put them cause i have a westin grille gaurd...anyway just thought i would let u guys know what im starting...

mauryfireman

Aug 15, 2010
North Carolina, USA
RMBROWN said:
I have the same year truck..and i was wondering if you have any pics of the inside console area?My dad and I built a custom console out of wood its not totally finished but looks good..My setup consist of: a whelen mini edge all red lin6 and strobes and a whelen slimiser r/w dashlight for now still would like to put amber lin 6 in the rear of the bar and get a couple of grille lights for the front but idk where i want to put them cause i have a westin grille gaurd...anyway just thought i would let u guys know what im starting...

What i did was take out my factory cassette player and cut the hole to fit my Motorola Radius mobile radio. It looks ok but I need to buy a new peice and try again bc it cracked a little when I pushed the radio in the hole. I have a 6-switch switch box mounted in the overhead console. I will post pics soon of it. had it there a year now just havent hooked it up bc I wanted to wait till I get everything I wanted in so I could wire everything at one time. I wanted to make a custome console but didn't know what to do. I wanted to remove the whole peice that my cassette player was mounted in and leave just the center part between the seats. I would like to see some pics of what you made RMBROWN. Maybe I can get me some ideas of what to do. I know the part I want to take out is a pain though to remove. Alot of stuff and metal inside it. Anyone up here got any input on it?

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Nice install on the inside.My truck looks alil diff on the inside 2 bucket seats and a 3 seat with cup holders that fold out under the heater but i had to take them out for my custom console which ill try to get pics to u when i can.You know i thought about puttin my m1225 radio up where u have ur switchbox which is a good idea but i put it in with the rest of my gadgets in my switchbox but when i get some time ill snap that pic of the inside of my rig....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.