2000 F-250 Whelen Edge Size

blackcherryxj

Jan 1, 2011
Western Kentucky, USA
One of the tasks that I was assigned in my department is taking care of the radios and emergency warning equipment.

We have gotten a 2000 f-250 super duty second hand from another agency. It had a Whelen Edge bar on it, but it was strap mounted. I want to go back with the strap mounts. I've heard that I need a 55" and I've have I need a 60". So what is the official word on ELB? And are you measuring from the end of the lens or the end of the I-beam?

Any help is appreciated. I'm definatly going back with a Edge strobe bar on this truck, just need to know what size I need to work on getting.

Paul

blackcherryxj

Jan 1, 2011
Western Kentucky, USA
Thanks guys,

55" with end caps is what I've been working with my local guy on getting. My big deal is to not have to drill holes in the roof. All of the other f-250/f-350's in the fleet have 48" bars and they just drileld holes in the roof to mount them. I'm trying to get them to use the longer bars and have less holes in the roof.

As always any more info and pictures from other people will help. The more pictures I have, the easier my position will be to explain.

Thanks,

Paul

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
We have a 2005 F450 with a 55" Whelen liberty on it with strap mounts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.