2000 Ford Ranger (All White)

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
firefighter7017 said:
You said that white lighting was illegal without a permit, which to me sounded like you were insinuating that he didn't have one.. I stated that he did.. No where in your first post did you state that it was illegal to have white lights without red lights being there as well. I don't know your laws as they don't apply to me. Simple as that. :thumbsup:

10:4

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
While it might catch some attention, I don't see how it gives any warning what so ever. People today respond to color. If you run white or amber alone, good luck really getting people to slow down at any direction. At night you my have luck, though very little, just because it's night and people might slow down because they can't see what's totally in front of them. If you don't have red, blue, or green, good luck getting people to do anything.

While I'm glad you went to Tom and got quality lights, I believe you wasted money by not going and getting anything with color. Should have just went and got some color with it in the first round and saved yourself from having to buy more. You could have easily got an amber or red Venom then got an amber or red dash light for other purposes.

Could have been thought through a bit more.

Just my $.02.

As for the overall setup though, I think the setup is quite good.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
emtanderson51 said:
...then where the hell are the friggin RED lights then???? As far as a red light permit?? This we will see on Monday morning.

AGAIN......white is only legal when used WITH red or blue lighting ........this means unless you are running RED or BLUE as the primary then you cannot use white....

This set up is illegal.

If I need to copy and paste the information I can certainly do this.............

I rarely travel to Sandwich so I could care less.

If he does have a permit for red and there were red then I would think this set up is sick....

All white on a car is like putting red/blue lights on a bicycle IMHO.....

I didn't say anything about the OP I simply stated what I would do if a vehicle such as this tried to gain the right of way with a siren and all white lights....

I would call the police....

Now it should be clear.....

Man....people should read the threads....... :duh:

Thank you for this information. after much thinking I will be mixing in alot of red into the bars.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Not saying I like the all white setup, kinda confused why there is no red, but I would pull over for this vehicle if it was behind me. Im not going to block someone and call the police unless they get behind me after I pull over.

Comparability, on minor calls such as fire alarms, I routinely just run my wig-wags and rear haws. People still yield, so I dont buy the whole color argument. Is that not all white warning? (I know, its much less, but still).

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
Well first off, I live in GA. Why that matters, I don't know. But know everyone knows I'm not in MA.

If a 2000s era model Ford Ranger came up behind me running an all white setup with a siren not only am I not pulling over, but like others have said, I am calling 911. I do not care what state I am in. The guy from MA got the whole red light permit thing squared away, but what made you think this was a good idea to begin with? The "multi use" argument has already been debunked by the fact that some amber thrown in would apply just the same.

Makes no sense.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
GTRider245 said:
Well first off, I live in GA. Why that matters, I don't know. But know everyone knows I'm not in MA.

If a 2000s era model Ford Ranger came up behind me running an all white setup with a siren not only am I not pulling over, but like others have said, I am calling 911. I do not care what state I am in. The guy from MA got the whole red light permit thing squared away, but what made you think this was a good idea to begin with? The "multi use" argument has already been debunked by the fact that some amber thrown in would apply just the same.

Makes no sense.
Yes, it is confusing that he prefers an all white setup, but I dont see how this warrants a 911 call. There are many more important things going on than to worry about what color lights someone has that ISNT pulling people over with. Now if someone were to actually pull you over that would warrant a 911 call.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
theroofable said:
Yes, it is confusing that he prefers an all white setup, but I dont see how this warrants a 911 call. There are many more important things going on than to worry about what color lights someone has that ISNT pulling people over with. Now if someone were to actually pull you over that would warrant a 911 call.

I would call the police as I am familiar with the state lighting laws, this does not abide by ANY of them (confirmed by MSP twice today) so I would deem this a public safety threat being that if the OP happened to not have a red permit then this vehicle would be needlessly placing the general public at an unwarranted risk. I am NOT saying the OP doesn't have a permit but not knowing this site or this post this is what I would do. Kinda like calling in a drunk driver.....

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
GTRider245 said:

Makes no sense.

Will be converting alot to red thank you for your concern will make a thread with update

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
emtanderson51 said:
I would call the police as I am familiar with the state lighting laws, this does not abide by ANY of them (confirmed by MSP twice today) so I would deem this a public safety threat being that if the OP happened to not have a red permit then this vehicle would be needlessly placing the general public at an unwarranted risk. I am NOT saying the OP doesn't have a permit but not knowing this site or this post this is what I would do. Kinda like calling in a drunk driver.....

Light laws reviewed. I did not do my homework on it. Lights being converted mostly to red. Thank you for your concern

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
FusionWolf said:
Will be converting alot to red thank you for your concern will make a thread with update

Don't make a new thread. Post updates in this thread. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
unlisted said:
Can someone please point me towards the law for warning lights/siren use in MA?

red light permit allows red/white. You dont need a permit for amber.

EDIT:

and as I say this i realize that there was a few pages of this thread explaining what I just said. Sorry!! I was lazy and didnt see the responses.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
How well did the HAWs fit in the marker lights? I have that same model year and considered it but figured the marker light housings were too small and there wasn't enough space between them and the fender.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
philyumpshus said:
How well did the HAWs fit in the marker lights? I have that same model year and considered it but figured the marker light housings were too small and there wasn't enough space between them and the fender.

Heh heh heh. honestly its a little ghetto but the base of the strobe tube was flexible so i belt the bulb off the straight axis and popped it is. worked for me. havent had a prob with heat and its great off axis warning. the curl of the strobe tube actually wraps right around the other bulb.

EDIT: as far as the location goes i mounted them in the side (between the headlight and marker casing. and it mounts right up perfectly) i can grab a pic if you want tomorrow

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.