Raleigh, NC
2000 Jeep Cherokee

Used for Fire-Rescue

Custom Whelen LED light bar

Whelen TIR3s in the grill

Whelen TIR3s on the rear hatch

Carson Siren with Dynamax speaker

Digital Scanner

Clean and simple. Gets me where I need to go...

ai202.photobucket.com_albums_aa115_morriswh_Jeep_20Pics_cherokee_front.jpg

ai202.photobucket.com_albums_aa115_morriswh_Jeep_20Pics_cherokee_rear.jpg

ai202.photobucket.com_albums_aa115_morriswh_Jeep_20Pics_th_jeep_lights.jpg

r1ms12

May 21, 2010
NCR
Nice work. What's in the bar? Looks like a mix of 400 and 700 series and perhaps a pair of M7s in the rear?

NHFD104

May 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
r1ms12 said:
Nice work. What's in the bar? Looks like a mix of 400 and 700 series and perhaps a pair of M7s in the rear?

Yep, that's what it is....along with some LIN4s on the ends. I had all the pieces and parts laying around so one weekend I got energetic and threw them together in to an Edge frame. The whole bar runs on a simple two-wire connection and draws next to nothing for power.

fireman25

May 23, 2010
+1 Very nice and Clean!! makes me miss my old jeep

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
I see it under the bumper behind the plate. I have an atlas D60 behind the bumper mounted to the bumper brace so the driver is facing the passenger side . I modifed a sugar scoop style bell so it points down and forward. It sounds way better than the dynamax that was behind the bumper pretty much forward into the back of the bumper. The best thing is its out of sight and wont get hit on anything

NHFD104

May 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Respondcode3 said:
How and where did you mount the speaker siren and control head?

I used a Carson remote siren. The siren amplifier is mounted on the passenger side behind the plastic panel in the cargo area. I custom fabbed a switch panel that takes the place of the ashtray in the center console. Just needed two switches: one toggle for wail and one momentary for the air horn.

The speaker is under the front bumper behind the license plate.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Very nice. I think thats the first whelen M7 lightbar . I am still waiting for whelen to come out with a M series lightbar. They are much brighter then the 500series.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Nice looking XJ!

I had a 99 Sport. Great trucks. I've got a WJ now.

Have you thought about adding a headlight flasher?

NHFD104

May 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
kadetklapp said:
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Nice looking XJ!
I had a 99 Sport. Great trucks. I've got a WJ now.

Have you thought about adding a headlight flasher?

Yeah, I even have one on hand. Still trying to decide if I want to put in a set of HID headlights. Decisions....decisions....decisions....

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Oh man, your jeep is getting me all hot and bothered. I used to have a red 2000 XJ Classic that looked exactly like that. Yours looks great!

STT Installer

May 28, 2010
Idaho
Do you have any interior pix you can share with us? Looks great - I just brought home a 99 XJ last week, still trying to figure out where to put all of the radio and switching gear.

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
STT Installer" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
STT Installer said:
Do you have any interior pix you can share with us? Looks great - I just brought home a 99 XJ last week, still trying to figure out where to put all of the radio and switching gear.

The interior is tight on our XJs. I don't run code in mine so no pics worth anything. Most police/fire dept Cherokees I've seen all mounted the radios on the passenger side of the center console. For my portable I just drop it in the cup holder. If you have a remote head radio you can mount the brain under the back seat bottom. You should see a pull tab on either side, if not just stick your hand between the bottom and back of the seat pads and pull up. I'd recommend putting them on the drivers side, since the exhaust is under the passenger side and that's usually where the jack is stored. How many switches will you need? You can hide a simple toggle switch or two inside the change/ashtray.

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
I clicked on the video but It is not working. says media don't exists. I like that a lot. Got a old edge bar out side that you have made me want to go mess with.

STT Installer

May 28, 2010
Idaho
whatevah said:
The interior is tight on our XJs. I don't run code in mine so no pics worth anything. Most police/fire dept Cherokees I've seen all mounted the radios on the passenger side of the center console. For my portable I just drop it in the cup holder. If you have a remote head radio you can mount the brain under the back seat bottom. You should see a pull tab on either side, if not just stick your hand between the bottom and back of the seat pads and pull up. I'd recommend putting them on the drivers side, since the exhaust is under the passenger side and that's usually where the jack is stored. How many switches will you need? You can hide a simple toggle switch or two inside the change/ashtray.

:hijack:

I have a SS2000 head and a remote radio head for the front... Both are regular modular cable to the heads. Still considering putting in a CB for trail rides but probably just on a temporary basis - it's pretty decent sized so it would take up quite a bit of room. As far as radio drawers, was actually looking at building the rear cargo shelf as written up here:

http://www.ericsxj.com/storage.htm

finished2.jpg

finished5.jpg

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
STT Installer" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
STT Installer said:
:hijack:

I have a SS2000 head and a remote radio head for the front... Both are regular modular cable to the heads. Still considering putting in a CB for trail rides but probably just on a temporary basis - it's pretty decent sized so it would take up quite a bit of room. As far as radio drawers, was actually looking at building the rear cargo shelf as written up here:

Sorry to hijack again and bump an old thread, but I'm working on my 99 XJ with a SS2000 and a Yaesu FT7800-R. I'm trying to figure out the best location for both, and I'd like to see a pic of your setup if you don't mind.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
This is my install from a few years ago. Ive changed the Astro saber SVA to an XTVA UHF XTS500, the Ma/COM MPA is replaced by an Impres XTS mobile charger for my 800 XTS5000. The spectra is under the back seat with the UHF amp and Lund SFGH siren amp. The control head for the SFGH lights and siren is in the center console.

039.jpg

042.jpg

040.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
I'd like to retain the console for storage if all possible. I've got an overhead console that I added with intentions of installing the remote head from the FT7800 and maybe some switches for fog lights or aux lighting, but the control head for the SS2000 is a bit large to go up there and look right. My biggest hurdle I guess is figuring out where the control head will fit and be within quick reach. Function and fit are important.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.