2001 Explorer Sport Questions

otacon

May 25, 2010
Saint John, NB, Canada
Ok, I need a little help with this one guys, I've just had a 2001 explorer sport dropped off with the following requests, unity spotlight (customer provided) I've never installed one of these before, Headlight flasher which I've never installed on one of these but the customer provided a Code3 Wig-Wag Headlight Flasher - 710 , and they want a tail light flasher. Now for my questions firstly the unity spotlight, does anybody have an install guide for a these spotlights on this specific vehicle. secondly will the headlight flasher provided work with this vehicle, it came off his 1994 F150. and lastly what would the best tail light flasher be. He wants multiple flash patterns for the tail light flasher but it's not a necessity. Any input you guys can provide would be great.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
otacon said:
Ok, I need a little help with this one guys, I've just had a 2001 explorer sport dropped off with the following requests, unity spotlight (costumer provided) I've never installed one of these before
Where would you put it?

aep_yimg_com_ca_I_everythingfurniture_2127_386148889_.gif

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
According to Galls, the 2001 Explorer needs a positive switched flasher for the wig wags. I'm not familiar with the specific flasher you mentioned, but I'm sure with a little google-ing you can find out the answer if it is or isn't positive side switched. As for the spot light, contact Unity at (312) 943-5200 and they should be able to get you install instructions and a template.

cory y

May 21, 2010
The unity is gonna go in the door. Hlf needs to be a positive switched one and the one off of an older ford should work. Talklight flasher also needs to be. Positive switched.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.