2002 Trailblazer POV

nhffemt192035

Apr 4, 2012
New Hampshire
This is my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer, used for POV response direct to the station for EMS and to scene for my FD

Front:

AWL Venom interior lightbar

Whelen 500 series grille lights

Sides:

Whelen TIR3

Rear:

Strobes n More E series HAW

Code3 XT4

Siren/Speaker:

Whelen 295HFSA5 in the center console

Whelen SA315 mounted with the Trailblazer specific bracket in the drivers side wheel well

The TIRs in the side windows are just placeholders for now, hopefully they'll get moved to an intersection bracket and I can get something else as money comes available. I also have 2 white AWL T3s that I'm debating on either syncing with the 500 series in the grille or trying to put together some kind of flashing takedown setup just for kicks, any thoughts?

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
I like it, very easy and simple install, very clean and very effective.

Only thing I'd change is the pattern on the Venom. The in-out pattern looks a lot better and I've noticed that it has slowed more people for me than any other pattern I've used with the venom. But hey, that's up to you, if you like it you like it.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Welcome to the group of TB owners here on the site!!

Also join up GMTNation.com!!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'd leave the TIR3's where they are and use the AWL's for intersection warning. For up front, I'd definitely add a headlight flasher...inexpensive, effective, & and bright IMO

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Grill lights look great! Love the single amber in the rear

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
The only thing I personally would change, is the light behind the grille.

nhffemt192035

Apr 4, 2012
New Hampshire
Thanks for all your comments, guys. A few things:

I've thought about a HLF since I bought the car, but after my experience putting a HLF into my old Blazer I was kind of wary of trying it again. After looking at http://elightbars.org/forums/f32/no-splice-headlight-flasher-29134/ I'm really thinking about giving it a shot once I take a closer look at my headlights.

The grille lights got put there as sort of a temporary solution with the intent of eventually putting them behind the grille, and then they just kind of.....stayed there. Now that the weather is nicer and I have some more free time they'll probably get remounted sometime soon.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I like the grill lights where they are. Sense your interior bar uses TIR optics the linear grill lights give you some off axis light output to the front.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
The Venom bar needs the pattern changed, maybe a simple left vs right alternating quad flash. Some white in the bar would've added a bunch, but I realize it's too late for that.

I like the grill lights, leave those alone.

Definitely need to add a headlight and tail light flasher. I'd prefer a TLF over the HAW.

The side warning in the 3rd window serves no purpose really, but I guess it's fun? Since you're responding those lights would be much more effective to the front of the car, maybe on the side of the bumper or front fender or mirrors.

The rear is good since you won't be stopped in the roadway since you only do response. I'd still slow the pattern down on the rear, a simple slow single alternating flash like CHP would be good.

Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
Looks good to me. Cant go wrong with a pair of hideaways in the back-up lights alternating with the tail lights (day time rear visual). Lights in the rear window is good for perimeter/intersection lighting, maybe upgrade to a dual light there. But all in all....sweet!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.