2003-2006 Silverado - Federal Signal Rumbler Speaker Install

Pyron

Jul 21, 2012
Waukesha, WI
Has anyone mounted rumbler speakers to this series of Chevy/GMC truck?

I'd rather not make custom brackets. Are the brackets used in the 2008+ Tahoe close enough to use in the Silverado?

Trebor Cadeau

Jul 22, 2016
Colorado
Are such systems worthless gimmicks?
Do they lower the pitch by one octave or two?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Are such systems worthless gimmicks?
Do they lower the pitch by one octave or two?
Not at all. Have you never heard one in person or seen any on YouTube videos?

They put the siren signal though another amp, drop it to base frequwncies and output the tone on subwoofer speakers.

Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
If they were the howler i would say i could help.. but since they use the strap instead of screws you might have a problem. since the only place to mount them is between the bumper and rock guard and frame. you might have to make something to install them. or buy whelen Howler speakers and use them with the Fed sig siren, alot of people have tthe speakers left over due to the fact that they come with 2 speakers and u can only install on on a ford utility with fog lights.

prty

Apr 15, 2018
Ny, usa
If they were the howler i would say i could help.. but since they use the strap instead of screws you might have a problem. since the only place to mount them is between the bumper and rock guard and frame. you might have to make something to install them. or buy whelen Howler speakers and use them with the Fed sig siren, alot of people have tthe speakers left over due to the fact that they come with 2 speakers and u can only install on on a ford utility with fog lights.

Challenge accepted

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.