2003 Expedition

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
This is my 03 Expedition. The work was done mostly by me with the help of 2 friends.

Front:

Grill - 2 red / 2 blue Axixtech Mini4's

Clear HAW's in fog lights - Nova waterproof strobe PS

911ep WL39RB on the roof rack (replaced the cross bar with it)

Rear:

back window - 1 red / 1 blue Axixtech Mini4, RR LL slimlighter

4 HAW's, one in each tail light, one in each reverse light (amber HAWs)

Side:

driver's - R/B/R Xtreme09

passenger - B/R/B Xtreme09

Console:

Federal SS2000

Havis Shields vehicle specific console with;

Icom V8000 2m radio

Radioshack Pro 2096 scanner

Motorola Radius M1225 mobile radio

VIDEO : http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/un ... 0_0586.flv

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Expedition_100_0584.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Expedition_100_0585.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Expedition_100_0366.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Expedition_100_0367.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Expedition_100_0370.jpg

This is the trim panel that hides the SS2000 brain and the power supply for the rear strobes, never remembered to take a picture of the units secured in there...

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Expedition_100_0274.jpg

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Paul said:
Is this your POV or patrol vehicle?

Looks very good and really like the WL39

POV. Maybe some day I'll work for a department that has enough funds to have something like that. Anything 4x4 would be nice in these Iowa winters!

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
Great job. I love that idea with taking the cross bar off of the roof and putting that light in it's place. Very nice. :D

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Yeah, good work, nice and low profile.

The SlimLighter looks odd among all the Axixtech linear LEDs though.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nice Job! I like the idea of a Slicktop, That isn't truly a slicktop but looks like one until the lights are activated. :D

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
ooo i likey!! the slickness of it is very cool

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
kinnelonfire75 said:
What percentage is the tint and how well do the linear heads punch through it?

The slimlighter looks strange there but over all great job!

It's factory tint, I'll meter it tonight and let you know. A factory non-tinted "modern" window is only 70% light transmission though, so the number might seem high. The linears punch through it just fine though, seems like the closer they are to the window the better they work.

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
What about adding a rear WL 39 to match the front one? Very nice...Have you ever thought of mounting your side Xtreme9 to the forward headliner of the rear passenger windows on the doors? This will allow you to still conceal them, but roll down the window for maximum output...just an idea.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Looks sweet how about a video i wanna see that baby in action

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
cbpdogboy said:
What about adding a rear WL 39 to match the front one? Very nice...Have you ever thought of mounting your side Xtreme9 to the forward headliner of the rear passenger windows on the doors? This will allow you to still conceal them, but roll down the window for maximum output...just an idea.

I actually have a TD39 sitting around, but I'm trying to sell it. I kinda figure for as much as I actually have an opportunity to use the lights, the amount I have now is probably more than I need.

I thought about putting the Xtreme's somewhere else but I wanted to keep everything "family friendly", I didn't want any equipment where it was in the way or easily messed with by passengers (ie; kid)

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Sorry guys I didn't see the rest of the responses, I just pulled up the thread for someone and saw them. I hit a deer at 60 in February and it was totalled. (We have huge deer here)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.