2003 GMC sierra lighting ideas.

Scoops

May 21, 2010
Scott Co, IA
I have a 2003 Ext cab GMC sierra truck that ill be using for volunteer fire response mostly to the station, i have a sound off mini pinnacle mag mount on top right now in amber that is going to be staying there. so I'm thinking something mostly interior, it doesn't need to be anything to special or over the top as the station is only about 8 blocks from my house and mostly residential streets, but i also work in the other town over during the day so ill probably be responding from there a lot and i may also be responding to the scene.

For the front I'm thinking...

4 (led)hide-a-ways, 2 in the fog lights, 2 in the running lights(maybe?)

Something in the grill (suggestions welcome)

Something headliner mounted but not a full interior bar(suggestions welcome)

For the rear I'm thinking...

4 (led) hide-a-ways in an ex pattern in the turn signal and back up light areas.

Something in the rear window(suggestions welcome)

And something around the license plate.

For the sides i don't have a clue to what i want to do or if i should do anything at all?

Im open to any and suggestions and this is just in the planning stages as of right now.

I am able to run blue,white, and amber to the rear.

Thanks in advice, Justin.

Scoops

May 21, 2010
Scott Co, IA
usdemt said:
Why do you run an amber mini lightbar when you can have blue in IA?

I haul a lot of things, from scrap metal to soccer goals to cars to boats, and alot of is overweight or oversize. so ill have to slow down and alot of times be an obstruction to traffic. i would rather not use my blues to warn traffic except for fire department use.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Front:

Four pimp pods in grill, $77 for a pair

led hide aways, fog lights and DRL, preferably in the oem light bulb hole, because they look the best when placed there! i say go with the universal hide away from soundoff $69 per head

Dual avenger, talon, or viper on the dash. about $200

Rear:

Microman 40 inch led bar! $200

Sound off led hideaways two in reverse housings, two in taillights $68 a head

Two pimp pods on license plate bracket, $77 for pods about $20 for bracket

That setup would run about $903! :D

Scoops

May 21, 2010
Scott Co, IA
RES1CUE, Thats exactly what i was wanting to do, thats looks like a great install also, what do you have installed in the front and do you have anything for the sides or rear i believe i saw hide a ways flashing in the rear do you have anything else?

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Scoops said:
RES1CUE, Thats exactly what i was wanting to do, thats looks like a great install also, what do you have installed in the front and do you have anything for the sides or rear i believe i saw hide a ways flashing in the rear do you have anything else?

If I remember correctly, he has x4 SOS Ghosts R/R in the grill, x4 HAWs up front, and a SOS Interior Pinnacle all red in the headliner. I don't remember the back, other than I think he had some HAWs to the rear. Maybe some LEDs somewhere in the rear, but I don't remember.

RES1CUE

May 24, 2010
Spencer NC
aberfitchguy2472 said:
If I remember correctly, he has x4 SOS Ghosts R/R in the grill, x4 HAWs up front, and a SOS Interior Pinnacle all red in the headliner. I don't remember the back, other than I think he had some HAWs to the rear. Maybe some LEDs somewhere in the rear, but I don't remember.

damn man...good memory lol. yes i have since sold the truck but it had 4 SOS Ghosts in the grill, a star/svp phantom interior lightbar, 4 clear HAW strobes to the front and 2 clear HAW strobes to the rear. sold the truck before i installed anything else...currently working on my new truck though. it can be seen here for some ideas...silverado but close enough haha

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5152

May 22, 2010
Central WV
RES1CUE said:
damn man...good memory lol. yes i have since sold the truck but it had 4 SOS Ghosts in the grill, a star/svp phantom interior lightbar, 4 clear HAW strobes to the front and 2 clear HAW strobes to the rear. sold the truck before i installed anything else...currently working on my new truck though. it can be seen here for some ideas...silverado but close enough haha

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5152

I have a good memory some days, haha. I was wrong on the interior lightbar though :p

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
Scoops said:
I haul a lot of things, from scrap metal to soccer goals to cars to boats, and alot of is overweight or oversize. so ill have to slow down and alot of times be an obstruction to traffic. i would rather not use my blues to warn traffic except for fire department use.

Ya you cant get by with blue for that stuff. That makes more sense.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.