2003 Tahoe Fire POV

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Truck looks good. I like the slower flash patterns and no split fail!  Job well done thus far.

IDK if it's the video or not, but the venom doesn't look level from the video. If it's not leveled, level it. It'll make your install look that much more professional.

Good luck on the rest of the install

Seth

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Truck looks good. I like the slower flash patterns and no split fail! Job well done thus far.

IDK if it's the video or not, but the venom doesn't look level from the video. If it's not leveled, level it. It'll make your install look that much more professional.

Good luck on the rest of the install

Seth
The lights are uneven due to the panel they are secured to has a slight arch. I have to get a chance to make some better brackets. Good eye.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Need an opinion. I have 4 r/w cannons in the front of the Tahoe ( not hooked up right now but installed , one has to get fixed.) two in the drl spot and two in the corners of the headlights for intersection. I am also putting a HLF in. With that said. I have 2 whelen tir3 and (once I get a second one) whelen 700s 5mm. I am considering putting the 700s in the grill and the tir3s on the side of the PB. I wonder if that would be excessive (is it such a thing?) if I installed all that I would use a ulf44. How should set the lights up to flash. I'm thinking all one side flash red against the other sides clear. And vise versa.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Need an opinion. I have 4 r/w cannons in the front of the Tahoe ( not hooked up right now but installed , one has to get fixed.) two in the drl spot and two in the corners of the headlights for intersection. I am also putting a HLF in. With that said. I have 2 whelen tir3 and (once I get a second one) whelen 700s 5mm. I am considering putting the 700s in the grill and the tir3s on the side of the PB. I wonder if that would be excessive (is it such a thing?) if I installed all that I would use a ulf44. How should set the lights up to flash. I'm thinking all one side flash red against the other sides clear. And vise versa.
Take a look at Pimp's Truck...  That would be a good way to set up all your lights...

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I went with a triple flash X pattern on my Hoe, more or less the same setup as yours.
you got a video?
Take a look at Pimp's Truck... That would be a good way to set up all your lights...
I saw his it looks good but my thing would be when to flash the white on the cannons or should I. I also am considering removing the red and amber strobes in the rear and putting the cannons from the drl spot in the reverse lights. Before anyone asks I wouldn't be flashing clear/ white to the rear. Just red in one mode and steady burn clear in the other mode for reverse lights. Thoughts and Ideas for that.

Maybe even putting the tirs on a tag bracket to the rear as well as the cannons. Looking for options. For the front lower.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
You could just flash the white opposite the red...

I'd set it up like this:

Output #1:  A Side

- Drivers side DRL Cannon Red 

- Drivers side Head Light Cannon Red

- Passengers side 700

- Passengers side TIR-3

Output #2:  B Side

- Passengers side DRL Cannon Red

- Passengers side Head Light Cannon Red

- Drivers side 700

- Drivers side TIR-3

Output #3:  A Side

- Passengers side DRL Cannon White

- Passengers side Head Light Cannon White

Output #4:  B Side

- Drivers side DRL Cannon White

- Drivers side Headlight Cannon White

Reactions: FFParker

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I haven't updated this thread in a while. Of course the setup is ever changing.
here is a little update for now. This is an evolving install so things pictured may have already been swapped, I will get updated videos as I complete each part of the install.
Added Red Tir4s to the side of the PB for intersection warning
VZM.IMG_20161108_142744.jpg
Moved the speakers under the center bar from above to make room for future Lightbar
also swapped my lower valence and fogs to the z71 style (Cannons to be installed in fogs)
ai1084.photobucket.com_albums_j401_parkerff1_1108161403.jpg
2 switched run everything at the moment. These will be re-purposed once I get the switch panel installed. (You can see were there was an AWL venom but is gone now)
ai1084.photobucket.com_albums_j401_parkerff1_0307161335.jpg
I will throwing the Excaliber up top (I have to have something up top per work policy for off duty responses for Rescue team) Here it is just sitting up top.ai1084.photobucket.com_albums_j401_parkerff1_0816161141_1.jpg
side
ai1084.photobucket.com_albums_j401_parkerff1_0816161141a.jpg
Here is what the plan is right now (Based on the equipment I already own)
Excaliber 5 rotator - Roof
Red/White Viper S2 above RVM
R/W cannons - fog lights
Red tir4 side Push bar
Whelen 500s in the grill
Code 3 tir3 rear side windows
R/W cannons reverse lights with reverse override
Whelen 295SL100 siren pushing 2 Whelen SA-314 speakers

EDIT: Here is the video to the last install I had that I never posted, The truck was stripped and most of it was sold. Enjoy

Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Gotta get the LIT3 feet for the Excal. It really cleans up the look of the bar, and gives you a slightly lower vertical profile. And you can add T3's to the feet :rolleyes:

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I totally forgot about those, Awesome Idea.
Gotta get the LIT3 feet for the Excal. It really cleans up the look of the bar, and gives you a slightly lower vertical profile. And you can add T3's to the feet :rolleyes:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Only problem I had was needing weather resistant connectors for the T3's inside the feet

Reactions: FFParker

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Haven't updated in a while, and as everyone knows POV setups are never really complete, recently I added some radios, and a console and am still working out the kinks.
As far as lightbars I never did go with the Excalibur, instead I built a Patriot/liberty and ran that for about 3 months. 0808171323.jpgI replaced it today with a reworked Freedom.0808172015.jpg
I Still need to wire this bar up to the PCCs9 switch panel, for now the corner leds are hooked up.Ill update with more pictures and videos hopefully by the end of the week. For more on both lightbar builds check out my build thread. http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/2-whelen-lightbar-builds.82551/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.