2004 Chevy Silverado siren swap.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Hey guy, friday night/ saturday morning and afternoon I spent my time doing a siren swap. The truck was a 04 Chevy 2500HD. The owner of the truck owns a landscaping company and plows snow in the winter time. He is also a local fire fighter. When he first got his old setup he had to remove his cup holders since the equipment console he bought wouldn't fit without them being taken out. Last year he purchased a new back blade for his truck and his controller for that plow mounts to his center console. well because of the size of the controller and how it mounted it would hit the equipment console. He would just move it over to the passenger side a little when the controller was in but in doing so that would cause the equipment console to tip over as it wasn't secured by anything. He had asked if I knew any alternatives and I gave him what I thought would be a few good ideas, and showed him the custom console I made for the 03 Sierra I did. He liked the console and the idea of having his cup holders back. All my ideas revolved around taking out the old set up and starting over. I told him about the handheld sirens that they have out and the built in light controls they have and he loved the idea of it and said do it.

Equipment

The siren: SVP LCS880

Strobe power supply: Sound off 8 outlet 150 watt NOVA.

Console: Custom made by me.

Lighting

8 strobes. 1 in each high beam (clear). 1 in each fog light (clear). 1 in each day time running light (clear), and 2 box type strobes behind the grille. (red)

Sho-me mini bar on the room.

4 strobes in the tail lights.

12 strobes total for this truck.

The strobes in the fog lights and the strobes in the reverse lights have their own water proof power supply and those are mount outside the vehical.

I didn't have to mess with any of the strobes or any of the lights on the outside this was just strickly a siren/equipment swap.

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_OldsetupOverheadview.jpg

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_OldsetupPassside.jpg

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_OldsetupDrsideview.jpg

The inside of this old box was a disaster!

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_OldsetupInsideconsole.jpg

I took the seats out and center console to put the cup holders back in. There was a lot of crumbs and old cheetos and pens and chapstick under the seats.

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_Seatscomingoutforcupholders.jpg

Cup holders are back in.

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_SeatsgoingbackinCupholderre_installed.jpg

Test fit the new console that holds the siren box and strobe power supply.

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_TestfitnewboxOverheadview.jpg

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_TestfitnewboxPasssideveiw.jpg

In this one, in the upper right hand corner of the new console you can see where the controller will plug in.

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_TestfitDrsideview.jpg

Starting to come together. The 3 switch switch panel is for changing the pattern on the strobes.

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_Wiringnewbox.jpg

Its tight inside the box, but its a lot more organized than before.

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_wiringnewbox001.jpg

I labeled the backside the of the cover of the console should someone take the cover off they know whats what.

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_Labeling.jpg

All finished. Top veiw. See the inprovement.

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_NewboxinstalledOverheadview.jpg

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_NewboxinstalledDrsideveiw.jpg

ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ghtfd_NewboxinstalledPasssideview.jpg

Total time involved in his one was about 9 hours. Not hard constant rushing to get it done. It took me about 3 hours to get the seats out, and take the old equipment console out and remove all the old wiring. I labeled all his strobe cables also. I ran a new power and ground wire as whoever did the first install had 3 running inside the truck. and 3 different grounds. The only thing I would have done different if the owner wanted it done was run color coded wires to the different power supplies for the fog and reverse strobes and his aux back up lights. The 2 coming from the rear of the truck are black, (typically ground) and the one coming from the front is red. I labeled them for future reference, but its just a pet peeve of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonClampitt

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.