2004 Pierce Contender Daytona International Speedway

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Just a small upgrade to the truck. I replaced the Code 3 Oscilaser's which kept burning out the bulbs with some Whelen 600 Series 5mm LED's. We have plans on upgrading the rest of the truck as funds permit. Thanks to Firemedic12 for letting me work on this, he's the Lt. at this FD. I know the lens on the blue is not the fluted one, if you have one let me know so I can get it swapped out. Thanks

Update 02/19/2013

We have added a 62" Whelen Justice in Red w/2 White modules which turn off with the parking brake engaged per NFPA standards. Looks a whole heck of a lot better than the 55" XL that kept blowing out the bulbs every four or five days a few pics of this upgrade are at the bottom of this post. Thanks again for Firemedic12.

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
I'm confused, isn't the Daytona International Speedway the place that has trucks with Whelen lights up to wazoo?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
They often sell their trucks to local FD's after a year or two of service. This truck was prolly built as a demo, used at the truck and sold off later. The dept. 2 towns over has 3 nascar fire trucks.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Remind me exactly how this is an upgrade?

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
nerdly_dood said:
Remind me exactly how this is an upgrade?

Simple, the Code 3 Oscilasers were not working which means no warning lights on the mid level. Now there are LEDs that are working, hence the upgrade. Not all agencys have the funds to purchase lights all day long. This was an issue that was fixed with functioning lights replacing the non functioning lights.

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Thats a great example of what a lens with optics and one without will do. The red has a lot of punch to it, the blue you dont even notice.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
twodogs603 said:
Thats a great example of what a lens with optics and one without will do. The red has a lot of punch to it, the blue you dont even notice.

Yup, that's why I am on the hunt for a blue 600 series diffused lens.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.