2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

medicop88

Apr 11, 2011
Rhome, Texas
This is my 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche. It is equipped with a Whelen Inner Edge with LED takedowns (thanks G1159), four Sho-Me micro-lites on the bumper, two Whelen TIR3 intersectors on the bumper, Whelen UHF2150A, a Whelen D6 Dominator to the rear, and two Whelen TIR3 license plate lights. Everything is controlled by a Whelen HHS2200 purchased through SirenNet. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I apologize for the low quality video. I will shoot a better one when the truck is complete.

2012-01-11 10.44.28.jpg

2012-01-11 10.44.34.jpg

2012-01-05 15.22.49-2.jpg

avalanche front inner edge with TD.jpg

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
I like it! Just 3 suggestions though. Seperate the Sho-me lights on the PB more to where there is more space (top to bottom) so they dont all run together from a distance, and change the D6 on the back to where it is a slow pattern that doesnt make it appear purple, and slow that HLF down. Other than that it looks great! Love the look of a decked out Avalanche!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Nice install! That front bumper is real mean looking. The only thing I would do is set the front grille lights on a simple quad flash pattern

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Station 3 said:
I just found a new favorite Avalanch

YES!!! Plus he's alot closer Mex... LoL

Nice looking install... The Modu-Flash on the HLF is nice, but a slower pattern is more attention getting.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
looks great. i would consider 2 changes (budget permitting) if i were you, though: replace the gen1 grill lights with gen3 lights, and add side warning closer towards the rear (i.e. around the c-post or on the side of the bed)

Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
How did you mount the dominator in the rear?? I've been trying to come up with a way of doing rear warning on my Avalanche, but I honestly don't know what to do.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Nice truck.

If you run W/R, what's the rationale behind the blue heads by the licence plate ?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
TheGatekeeper said:
Nice truck.
If you run W/R, what's the rationale behind the blue heads by the licence plate ?

Because in Texas, there aren't many rules on color... LoL I'm sure one of the resident Texans will chime in on it...

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
looks good, I would like to see something that shows the width of the vehicle to the rear, all the lights you have are more or less mounted to the center of the vehicle, some strobes or hideaway leds would really be a nice touch to the rear,

the front looks sweet, but the side and intersection angles leave a bit to be desired in my opinion, intersectors or mirror beams would be a nice touch .

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.