2005 ford explorer??

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
so instead of the impala i wanted, i came across a sweet deal on an 05 explorer, i was wondering opinions on it, or suggestions

for the taillights either 4 strobes going in the x, in the brake and reverse lights, 2 strobes in the reverse, or tail light flashers

for the headlights- corner strobes and hlf? led haw?

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
What kind of budget are you on?

Rear i say taillight flasher and rear window warning maybe a microman or els bar?

Front headlight flasher, corner strobes, and in the fog lights, i'd take out the bulbs and put led haws in the factory bulb hole, that will create the best affect, but also you loose the ability to use fog lights. Also at least a dash light!

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
TLF looks good in the back. I also personally prefer an "up down" style flash pattern if you are going to do four HAWs in the tails - that is, flash the brakes then flash then reverse lights. I think that it is more attention grabbing than an X in back. Plenty of room behind the rear glass or in the back of the roof for TAs or whatever else you may want. Up front Id do a HLF and like FastLT1 said strobes in the corners. Would make a pretty good set up

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
i have the car set up , just not the headlights and taillights, not sure really what i wanna do, i alo have a set of no name led hideaways sitting at home, i was thinking to put the strobes in the front, and the ledaways also up front so when the car shuts off there is still something flashing upfront

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I did an install on a school police vehicle with haws in the fog light holes, it was pretty great, i recommend that over putting them in the headlight housings for sure! But yea i'd defiantly put laws or haws in the front, they aren't very effective to the rear on the explorers IMHO.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
I have an 02 and this is my setup: keep in mind it duals as police(red)/fire(blue). So the front isn't activate all together

Front:

- 2 Red Tir6 in grille.

- 2 Blue Lin3 in grille

- Vertex's in Corners

- B/B TIR6 Slimlighter on dash

- 2 R/W TIR6 Simlighters on Headliner

Side:

- R/W Whelen Dual Talon in each rear side window

Rear:

- 2 SYNC Dual Talons R/B, top of rear window

- Strobes in brake lights and reverse lights

-Controlled by Federal SS2000 Siren

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Then put the haw strobes in the headlight housings, and the Led Laws in the corner housings! and tlf and i guess a hlf but it will probably wash out the haws.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.