2005 Ford F-150 - - FINAL UPDATE (being retired)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The M7s blow the LINZ6s out of the water. So much that you really don't even notice them. I need something with PUNCH! The 4watt T6s should cover that. I won't need the off axis that I was getting from the LINZ6s, with the cannons in the reverse lights, the M7s, and light bar.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
So...  You're putting your CN sticks in the headlight bars of your brush guard, right...?  lol

:ph34r:   :satan:   :2thumbs:   :innocent:

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
I'll be the odd one out, I like the simplicity of the single especially with the matching pattern.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The patterns are only matching in the video. The bar and stick(s) are not synced together. Yet. I'm waiting on a CAT5 splitter to come in from FedSig. I'm hoping that will make the 2 CN sticks, mirror each other, synced.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I need to see this in person lol

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
FedSig SmartSiren Platinum SSP2K should be here tomorrow to replace the SS2000SM.

I had a 4200 with Bluetooth but it's pretty useless other than to demo. With the Valor and SignalMasterCNs all using the Convergence Network, I decided to keep it all FedSig.

Added bonuses in having the SSP2K:

-Full bar cruise mode

-Full grill cruise mode

-Software Programming

-Additional programmable keys

-External relay flasher to sync perimeter lights and have them change pattern/rate in different modes

-Additional SignalMaster warn patterns

-Inputs for intersection mode, park kill, ambient light sensors etc

-Driver door open lightbar end cap kill

-Full system DIM mode

I hope to set it up so I can mimic a lot of the CanTrol features.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Reactions: Chris W

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
So theoretically, I have all mismatched perimeter lights (mostly Whelen but a few Cannons and a few SOS products) but they're all steady burn hardwired to the center console to a ULF44. I could run all of these lights (I think about 14 in total) off of this smart siren with multiple modes just like my ULF and dim mode (which doesn't work with my lights on the ULF), while also having cruise mode on my Valor??

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Yes to all of that, except I don't think the relays DIM. So you would be able to do a different flash pattern, speed, and phasing for each mode, including steady. (And steady flicker 75 with the external relay), but you couldn't dim them.

You can do cruise on the Valor and new Cruise II, which is a full bar cruise mode.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
So theoretically, I have all mismatched perimeter lights (mostly Whelen but a few Cannons and a few SOS products) but they're all steady burn hardwired to the center console to a ULF44. I could run all of these lights (I think about 14 in total) off of this smart siren with multiple modes just like my ULF and dim mode (which doesn't work with my lights on the ULF), while also having cruise mode on my Valor??
Wait....

Do you have a valor?

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Wait....

Do you have a valor?

Yes, I got one the first time Steve posted them for sale here (not the lightbar/siren packages with the one red, one amber section, but the first Valors he posted) I think the same time you got yours. It sat around for a few months before I finally got to installing it. Everyone else's stuff always ends up coming before my own lol.

I like my 4200. I haven't even gotten a chance to hook up the bluetooth module yet, but I already have all of my outputs used for various offroad lights, blue lights, etc. But I may have to look into the Smart Siren platinum in the future.

Reactions: Storm4200

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Yes, I got one the first time Steve posted them for sale here (not the lightbar/siren packages with the one red, one amber section, but the first Valors he posted) I think the same time you got yours. It sat around for a few months before I finally got to installing it. Everyone else's stuff always ends up coming before my own lol.I like my 4200. I haven't even gotten a chance to hook up the bluetooth module yet, but I already have all of my outputs used for various offroad lights, blue lights, etc. But I may have to look into the Smart Siren platinum in the future.
Would love to see your set up

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Upgraded to a SmartSiren Platinum and got a few new features for the rear. It has a built in flasher that i can run all my perimeter lights off. I can have a different color, flash rate and phase depending on what button or slide switch is activated.

Mode 3- Responding/In Motion

Mode 2- On Scene/Stationary

Mode1- all amber

Also showing some different warning modes

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Well... it gets more advanced. .

Custom FederalSignal SmartSiren Platinum Brake Light Override

I used a relay and some of the inputs/outputs on the new SmartSiren Platinum 2000 to make a Brake Light Override.

While responding in mode 3, when the brakes are applied, the Valor bar cuts the rear flashing blue and steady burns the entire SignalMaster amber. The SmartSiren also steady burns the amber portion of the M7s on the tool box, and the M4s by the license plate. (When brakes are applied, the only remaining flashing is the blue portion of the M7s, although in video they may all appear to be flashing ). A lot of fast flashing lights can make it hard to see brake lights. These steady lights make a very noticeable brake signal that's clear, concise, and easy to understand.

Note* Applying the brakes while in mode 3 also activates a high-activity, rapid flash mode on the front of the Valor bar, as well the SignalMasterCN in the grill.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Ive spent a lot less than one would anticipate. The buy/sell/trade game has really fared well for me on this forum.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
UPDATE*
Added Whelen SmartArrow Messenger

Storm! Where've you been buddy? It's not like you or Eric to go more than 2 weeks without changing your setups! Lol
To be honest, as much as I love your truck, I think the message board is kinda useless b/c I think it'll get drowned out by the valor directly above it

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
It absolutely gets drowned out by the valor, just like NYPD's get washed out by their Visions. The message bar is not a primary warning device, tertiary or secondary at best. When i had my old message bar (the red one i sold for my valor), it was acting as my primary rear warning, and was useless. This is great in high pedestrian areas, or when im not using the valor on full flash. Although i must say, even with everything flashing, you can still make out the amber a lot better than NYPD's blue message bars, IMO.
While this message bar may not be ideal for warning traffic a mile back on the interstate, its great for a lot of other times. Thankfully if i need more warning, i have plenty.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.