ai324.photobucket.com_albums_k341_coolguy407_IMG_8766.jpg

Rear:

ai324.photobucket.com_albums_k341_coolguy407_IMG_8771.jpg

ai324.photobucket.com_albums_k341_coolguy407_IMG_8767.jpg

ai324.photobucket.com_albums_k341_coolguy407_th_MVI_8792.jpg

USAFK9

Jun 5, 2010
NY
Those Talons would look good on the headliner in the back. and they would be more effective without the spoiler imo

yanksfan407

Nov 2, 2010
New York, US
slingerlandsfire said:
Those Talons would look good on the headliner in the back. and they would be more effective without the spoiler imo

When I bought the car it already had a spoiler on it so Im really not lookin to have to patch holes in the trunk. And as far as the talons, I have thought about it. I just never fully decided what I like better. Theres always room for change.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
nice setup.

outta curiosity, what county in NY do u volunteer in? i know that some counties are stricter about only allowing blue (even to the rear) and some other areas, such as L.I., are more lax about it

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Ya a triangle formation in the back rear would look nice. If you got the cash, add on another talon.

victor185

May 23, 2010
Spokane, WA
yanksfan407 said:
When I bought the car it already had a spoiler on it so Im really not lookin to have to patch holes in the trunk. And as far as the talons, I have thought about it. I just never fully decided what I like better. Theres always room for change.

I think was was implied is that it would be more effective if you put them on the headliner because it looks like the spoiler may be blocking the talons. That way you wouldn't have to get rid of your spoiler, just simply relocate the lights.

Love the install. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

yanksfan407

Nov 2, 2010
New York, US
Well Im in nassau county and they arent too crazy with lighting to the rear as far as being hardasses. Im considering moving the talons but not sure yet. Im gonna make the changes to the front first before I rearrange the back. Give me a couple weeks and the front should be changed and a lot better. Thanks for the feedback.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Great setup, except for the combo TLN AND SlimLighter. I just don't see any rationale in having a light at top and bottom ends of a windshield.

Otherwise it looks pretty slick.

yanksfan407

Nov 2, 2010
New York, US
TheGatekeeper said:
Great setup, except for the combo TLN AND SlimLighter. I just don't see any rationale in having a light at top and bottom ends of a windshield.
Otherwise it looks pretty slick.

Well the only reason for the two lights is that Im currently selling the slimlighter on the forum and the other one is there for when I do sell it. Also while I wait for my other two talons to come in. Then the mods continue. Also got some hideaways in the front to install.

yanksfan407

Nov 2, 2010
New York, US
Front end overhaul is well underway. Grill lights are on order. Dash light brackets are mounted. Also I have a red blue dual talon i need to swap out for a blue clear talon passive. Waiting for a member to get back to me on a pair of vertexes. And finally I gotta pull my headlights out and put the LAW's in the corners. Should be done in a week or two. =)

yanksfan407

Nov 2, 2010
New York, US
fire31212 said:
How did you run the wires into the passenger compartment? I have the same model car and having a hard time finding a way in.

There is a wire going through the fire wall just below the passenger side wiper, but its really like center line on the car. It is a decent size grommet with wire. I only had to run two wires through and had no problem. Its hard to get a picture of but I will try when all this rain stops. It comes out above all the pedals and is perfect. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions. I have tried running wires or have run wires everywhere in this car so I can try to help with any questions.

**Just to let all members know: I am almost finished with the front overhaul. I finished the grill and corners. I am waiting on one more dash light. Cant seem to find one. And the mirror lights are coming in today. Once finished I will take new pics and videos.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
yanksfan407 said:
There is a wire going through the fire wall just below the passenger side wiper, but its really like center line on the car. It is a decent size grommet with wire. I only had to run two wires through and had no problem. Its hard to get a picture of but I will try when all this rain stops. It comes out above all the pedals and is perfect. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions. I have tried running wires or have run wires everywhere in this car so I can try to help with any questions.

**Just to let all members know: I am almost finished with the front overhaul. I finished the grill and corners. I am waiting on one more dash light. Cant seem to find one. And the mirror lights are coming in today. Once finished I will take new pics and videos.

We look forward to the finished product !

yanksfan407

Nov 2, 2010
New York, US
TheGatekeeper said:
We look forward to the finished product !

Ok so grill and corners and mirrors are done. I just need a blue white dual talon REALLY REALLY BAD!! Does anyone have one?? I have a red blue to get rid of. Please someone help me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.