2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Work in Progress)

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Hello all, currently working on getting a vehicle together for basic fire response.

Vehicle is a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Currently have the following for the vehicle (this is not the for sure plan):

Please feel free to throw in your opinions and advice. Anything listed in green I have not purchased yet.

Basically need to be seen and safe coming from both long and far distances.

I will post some drawings of the plans later. Stock vehicle pictures included.

Rear

• Tomar RECT13 L-Stick 8 Head Red - Window
  • Feniex Cobra T-6 Red or Sound Off Surface Mount nForce Red/White - License Plate (or similar)
  • Feniex Cannon 120 Red/White - Reverse Lights (Wired to flash red, override for reverse and scene light.)
Side

• Tomar 200S Lightstick Red/White - Window
  • Sound Off Ghost Multi-Mount Red or Intersector Red/White - Under Mirror (or similar)
  • Feniex Cobra T-3 2 Red 1 White or Sound Off Ghost Multi-Mount 2 Red 1 White- Rocker Panel (or similar)
  • Feniex Cobra T-6 Red/White or Tomar RECT14 Red - 10-75 LP bracket on Front Plate
Front

• Sound Off nForce Red/White - Window (Steady burn White for Takedown.)
  • Sound Off nForce Red/White or Feniex Cobra T-6 or T-3 Red - Grill (or similar)
  • Feniex Cannon 120 Red/White - Fog Lights (White fog lights, Red/White warning takeover.)
  • Sound Off ISO Select-A-Pattern Headlight Flasher

All controlled by a Carson SC-1022 siren with a Sound Off 100 Watt speaker, with a few misc rocker switches to control arrow and takedown functions.

View attachment 141430View attachment 141431View attachment 141432

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Hey Bro. Here's my advice, based on your suggestion

REAR:

--RECT13 L-Stick 8 Head Red - Window

--SOS nForce or Whelen ion duo on LP. I'd honestly go Red/Amber with those for flashing duo color, but if u really wanted to have the LP lights double as scene lighting, then I'd get Red ion V-series (b/c they'll give u flood/puddle lighting)

--Feniex Cannon 120

SIDE:

--Tomar 200S - Window

--SOS Intersector Red (not split color)

--SOS nforce or Whelen ion duos on Rocker Panel area (go with linear lightheads, not TIR)

--nforce or ion duos on 10-75 LP bracket

Front

--Sound Off nForce Red/White - Window (Steady burn White for Takedown.)

--Tomar Rect 37 or Whelen TIR6 vertically-mounted behind the grill (large grill light in solid color red is the way to go)

--Cannon 120 Red/White - Fog Lights

--HLF

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Hey Bro. Here's my advice, based on your suggestion

REAR:

--RECT13 L-Stick 8 Head Red - Window

--SOS nForce or Whelen ion duo on LP. I'd honestly go Red/Amber with those for flashing duo color, but if u really wanted to have the LP lights double as scene lighting, then I'd get Red ion V-series (b/c they'll give u flood/puddle lighting)

--Feniex Cannon 120

SIDE:

--Tomar 200S - Window

--SOS Intersector Red (not split color)

--SOS nforce or Whelen ion duos on Rocker Panel area (go with linear lightheads, not TIR)

--nforce or ion duos on 10-75 LP bracket

Front

--Sound Off nForce Red/White - Window (Steady burn White for Takedown.)

--Tomar Rect 37 or Whelen TIR6 vertically-mounted behind the grill (large grill light in solid color red is the way to go)

--Cannon 120 Red/White - Fog Lights

--HLF
I can make the rear work with red/amber because I can get tri color nForces to use on the LP. Flash them red/Amber and use white for scene.

I like the idea of the linear head on the rocket panel area, but the nForce is too big and the linear ions are quite pricy. If I could find a good deal on some linear or v series ion or similar I would put them down below. I like the idea of the dual color intersector because you can use white for illumination.

It's too funny that you mentioned used Whelen TIR6 in the grill because I found some on the board for sale for a great price that I want to pick up.

I am going to look into the linear ions a bit more. Thanks for the great ideas!

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
...If I could find a good deal on some linear or v series ion or similar I would put them down below. I like the idea of the dual color intersector because you can use white for illumination...
Strobes-n-more makes the "Lion," a thin, linear, dual-color capable lighthead which fits nicely into areas as you are looking for. In red/white they would make for better scene lighting and would frankly be a better option than sacrificing eye-level intersection/side warning.

YMMV.

Crip

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Hello all, currently working on getting a vehicle together for basic fire response.

Vehicle is a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Currently have the following for the vehicle (this is not the for sure plan):

Please feel free to throw in your opinions and advice. Anything listed in green I have not purchased yet.

Basically need to be seen and safe coming from both long and far distances.

I will post some drawings of the plans later. Stock vehicle pictures included.

Rear

• Tomar RECT13 L-Stick 8 Head Red - Window
  • Feniex Cobra T-6 Red or Sound Off Surface Mount nForce Red/White - License Plate (or similar)
  • Feniex Cannon 120 Red/White - Reverse Lights (Wired to flash red, override for reverse and scene light.)
Side
  • Tomar 200S Lightstick Red/White - Window
  • Sound Off Ghost Multi-Mount Red or Intersector Red/White - Under Mirror (or similar)
  • Feniex Cobra T-3 Red or Sound Off Ghost Multi-Mount Red  - Rocker Panel (or similar)
  • Feniex Cobra T-6 Red/White or Tomar RECT14 Red - 10-75 LP bracket on Front Plate
Front
  • Sound Off nForce Red/White - Window (Steady burn White for Takedown.)
  • Sound Off nForce Red/White or Feniex Cobra T-6 or T-3 Red - Grill (or similar)
  • Feniex Cannon 120 Red/White - Fog Lights (White fog lights, Red/White warning takeover.)
  • Sound Off ISO Select-A-Pattern Headlight Flasher

All controlled by a Carson SC-1022 siren with a Sound Off 100 Watt speaker, with a few misc rocker switches to control arrow and takedown functions.

attachicon.gif
2005_jeep_grand-cherokee_4dr-suv_base_f_oem_1_500.jpg
attachicon.gif
2005_jeep_grand-cherokee_4dr-suv_base_r_oem_1_500.jpg
attachicon.gif
2005_jeep_grand-cherokee_4dr-suv_laredo_pr_evox_1_500.jpg
attachicon.gif
2005_jeep_grand-cherokee_4dr-suv_limited_fs_ei_1_500.jpg
attachicon.gif
2005_jeep_grand-cherokee_4dr-suv_limited_sm_ei_1_500.jpg
Idk if you'd want one but I'd also consider a lightbar. I have a 99 GC im throwing an Edge on. I think something on top would look good.

If not it seems to me what you have would be good. And good luck running wires, etc.

If you think of it post pics of how you run them cause I've no idea where to run them on mine. Also where you install your siren amp at. These things are tough to install on.

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Idk if you'd want one but I'd also consider a lightbar. I have a 99 GC im throwing an Edge on. I think something on top would look good.

If not it seems to me what you have would be good. And good luck running wires, etc.

If you think of it post pics of how you run them cause I've no idea where to run them on mine. Also where you install your siren amp at. These things are tough to install on.
I like the lightbar idea, but I don't like the fact of having it on the roof all of the time, or drilling all the holes for it. I previously had a 96 Grand Cherokee and that was a pain to run wires in. These newer ones a kick plates that snap in and out which make them much easier to wire.

When I had my 96 I had all of panels and blocks under the back seat. I took the jack out from under the back seat and placed it in with the spare tire holder. I will try to find some old pictures.

My new thought for the new jeep is:

Front

-Sound Off nForces R/W x2 in front window

-Sound Off nForces R/W x2 in the grill

-Sound Off HLF

-Feniex Cannon 120 R/W in fog lights

Front nForces synced in an x-pattern flashing dual color.

Side

-Tomar 200S R/W in windows

-Tomar RECT-13 2R 1W rocker panel

Side lights synced all red, against all white random mode.

Rear

-Tomar RECT13 L-Stick 8 Red in window

-Sound Off nForce R/W license plate

-Feniex Cannon 360 R/W reverse lights

Rear dual color lights will flash red only synced in x-pattern with Sho-Me LED flasher and steady white override for reverse and scene lighting.

Reactions: Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I like the lightbar idea, but I don't like the fact of having it on the roof all of the time, or drilling all the holes for it. I previously had a 96 Grand Cherokee and that was a pain to run wires in. These newer ones a kick plates that snap in and out which make them much easier to wire.

When I had my 96 I had all of panels and blocks under the back seat. I took the jack out from under the back seat and placed it in with the spare tire holder. I will try to find some old pictures.

Front

-Sound Off HLF

Side

Rear

-Feniex Cannon 360 R/W reverse lights

Rear dual color lights will flash red only synced in x-pattern with Sho-Me LED flasher and steady white override for reverse and scene lighting.
Ah ok. I wouldn't mind seeing pics of the old one either if you find some.

I have a C3 RLS and wasn't sure if putting the amp under the seat would hurt it or not.

Everything for the new one sounds great.

Have you had any thoughts about where you are installing your siren speaker? That's one of the major problems I've run into with mine.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida

Front

-Sound Off HLF

Side

Rear

-Feniex Cannon 360 R/W reverse light

Sounds like a good setup, but I don't think the nforce dual colors work well with external flashers
I honestly think tomar 200s would be better in windshield b/c they're brighter than the nforce IMO (larger footprint).

I like the rects but I (again) recommend linear light heads there

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Sounds like a good setup, but I don't think the nforce dual colors work well with external flashers

I honestly think tomar 200s would be better in windshield b/c they're brighter than the nforce IMO (larger footprint).

I like the rects but I (again) recommend linear light heads there
I would love to put the 200S's in the front window, but they are too big. The width of the light and contour of the windshield don't agree, and there is no way to get the flash back shield on unless I get custom ones made or make them myself (not that I can't) I just don't want such a big block up there.

Also the plus side I am going to with the nForces is that I can steady burn them white for takedown lights.

In the near future I may do a little swapping around with a few things, and add a 20" Lifetime LED Phantom Sun bar into the lower section of the bumper.

If someone has a good suggestion for the lower rocker panel area in a linear head I wouldn't mind suggestions. I have looked at the Strobes N' More Lion, but the size seems a bit large. I don't want them to stick too far down. I was going for something the size of a Sound Off Ghost or a Feniex Cobra T-3 which is what I may wind up using. I don't want to break the bank on light heads for down there because they are bound to get broken.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Id opt for Feniex T6s for the lower, I have a 2010 Patriot and those are the only heads Ive found that will fit there, even Apollos are to wide

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Id opt for Feniex T6s for the lower, I have a 2010 Patriot and those are the only heads Ive found that will fit there, even Apollos are to wide
I won't be surface mooting them on the black trim panel, they will be getting put on L-Brackets. I just don't want them to hang too far down and get snapped off by something.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
I won't be surface mooting them on the black trim panel, they will be getting put on L-Brackets. I just don't want them to hang too far down and get snapped off by something.
eek, good luck with that

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
eek, good luck with that
New plan, I just got a pair of Feniex Titan XT 10" work lights from a buddy.

I have those mounted in my bumper and think my new plan will be as follows

Front

2X Sound Off nForce in red in the front window.

2X Sound Off Predator 2 or similar in red in the grille

2X Sound Off LED HAW red in fog lights

2X Feniex Titan XT flash on HLF style flasher steady burn TD

Side

1X Sound Off nForce RW side windows

2X Feniex T-3 red rocket panel area

Rear

Sound Off UltraLite 8 Red

2X Sound Off LED 3 red LP bracket

2X Feniex Cannon RW flash red w/white reverse and flood override.

Please throw other ideas and opinions in!

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
New plan, I just got a pair of Feniex Titan XT 10" work lights from a buddy.

I have those mounted in my bumper and think my new plan will be as follows

Front

2X Sound Off nForce in red in the front window.

2X Sound Off Predator 2 or similar in red in the grille

2X Sound Off LED HAW red in fog lights

2X Feniex Titan XT flash on HLF style flasher steady burn TD

Side

1X Sound Off nForce RW side windows

2X Feniex T-3 red rocket panel area

Rear

Sound Off UltraLite 8 Red

2X Sound Off LED 3 red LP bracket

2X Feniex Cannon RW flash red w/white reverse and flood override.

Please throw other ideas and opinions in!
Why don't you put cannons in your fogs instead of the sound off laws- I think the warning power is much more effective

Last edited by a moderator:

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Switching things up a little, I found a sweet deal on a bunch of new nForces and an UltraLite.

Planning on getting a Feniex 4200 w/ bluetooth to use the options to expand my horizons on functioning.

Front

2X Sound Off nForce Red/White in the front window (flash RW and steady burn white for TD)
2X Sound Off nForce Red/White in the grille (flash RW no steady burn)
2X Feniex Cannon 120 Red/White (steady white for fog, flash RW for warn)
2X Feniex Titan XT (no flash, steady burn TD)

* Window and grille synced in an X-Pattern

Side

2X Sound Off nForce RW in each side window (flash RW) synced to flash all red/all white
1X Sound Off Ghost Surface Mount RW 10-75 LP bracket

Rear

1X Sound Off UltraLite 8 Red rear window
2X Sound Off nForce Red/White license plate (flash R w/ white flood override)
2X Feniex or Sound Off White LED Hideaway (flashed off 4200 HLF outputs w/ override for steady burn)

Again always open to ideas still!

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
My current setup

Windshield = 2x R/W gen 1 Slimlighters on top

Grill = 2x R/W FS Cuda

Side = Sound Off Ghost R on 10-75 Bracket

2x ShowMe slimlights R/B in rear side windows

Rear = R/B TIR Slimlighter 

Whelen Halos in tailights (pending) may go with Cannons to simplify

FS Smart Siren for control

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Switching things up a little, I found a sweet deal on a bunch of new nForces and an UltraLite.

Planning on getting a Feniex 4200 w/ bluetooth to use the options to expand my horizons on functioning.

Front

2X Sound Off nForce Red/White in the front window (flash RW and steady burn white for TD)

2X Sound Off nForce Red/White in the grille (flash RW no steady burn)

2X Feniex Cannon 120 Red/White (steady white for fog, flash RW for warn)

2X Feniex Titan XT (no flash, steady burn TD)

* Window and grille synced in an X-Pattern

Side

2X Sound Off nForce RW in each side window (flash RW) synced to flash all red/all white

1X Sound Off Ghost Surface Mount RW 10-75 LP bracket

Rear

1X Sound Off UltraLite 8 Red rear window

2X Sound Off nForce Red/White license plate (flash R w/ white flood override)

2X Feniex or Sound Off White LED Hideaway (flashed off 4200 HLF outputs w/ override for steady burn)

Again always open to ideas still!
Sounds good. A few questions:...

1) how are you planning on mounting the nforce in the grill! The Jeep GC isn't very grill-light friendly (particularly for horizontally-mounted lights)

2) where are you mounting the Titans, & why not flash them wigwag?

Suggestions:

1) for the windshield lights, have dual nforce on each side of the RVM flash all red then all white to get a huge footprint

2) get solid clear cannons for the front fogs (get the full 12 LEDs flashing clear instead of split color flashing)

3) stay with solid color ghosts for the 10-75 bracket, or go with a dual color lighthead (if you want both colors) so that u get the full 6 LEDs

4) go with tricolor nforce on the rear LP to have red/Amber flashing

5) stick with cannons for the rear. I love SOS, but their undercover LAWs don't come close to the cannons

6) add intersectors under the mirrors and call it a day ;-)

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Sounds good. A few questions:...

1) how are you planning on mounting the nforce in the grill! The Jeep GC isn't very grill-light friendly (particularly for horizontally-mounted lights)

2) where are you mounting the Titans, & why not flash them wigwag?

Suggestions:

1) for the windshield lights, have dual nforce on each side of the RVM flash all red then all white to get a huge footprint

2) get solid clear cannons for the front fogs (get the full 12 LEDs flashing clear instead of split color flashing)

3) stay with solid color ghosts for the 10-75 bracket, or go with a dual color lighthead (if you want both colors) so that u get the full 6 LEDs

4) go with tricolor nforce on the rear LP to have red/Amber flashing

5) stick with cannons for the rear. I love SOS, but their undercover LAWs don't come close to the cannons

6) add intersectors under the mirrors and call it a day ;-)
I am planning on mounting the nForces from the top of the grill. The brackets may not be long enough but my plan is to take nylon spacers and use long screws to drop them low enough to sit right at the top of the grille.

The Titans are mounted in the top part lower air dam on on each side of the front lp. They are crazy bright. I thought about using the wig way flasher on the 4200 for them because you can steady burn them still, but I don't want to have an over powering amount of white light. By having the dual color nForces in the front window and grille, I would really like to add one pair of solid red lights or swap the dual color nForces for the grille out for a different solid color head.

I like the idea of the dual head nForces but they won't fit in the windshield. I actually had a pair of Intersectors, but the don't fit very well under my mirrors. I may try to use a multi mount ghost or similar under the mirror mounted on a 45 they seem to pack a pretty good punch that way.

Planning to run a standard siren off the 4200 and use my carson mechanical just in manual mode off the 4200 for the mechanical siren.

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439014888.763576.jpg

To give you an idea of where the Titans are mounted. Believe it or not I didn't drill a single hole to mount them or run the cable I used factory tow hook and winch mount holes.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
thats where i have mine mounted, and I couldnt imagine life without them, love em :thumbsup:

lytsnsrns

Oct 11, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
thats where i have mine mounted, and I couldnt imagine life without them, love em :thumbsup:
I love them, I would like to get a 800 for under my roof rack on top, but if I do that I think I would want to do warning up top. If I could get a 10 head dual color Apollo stick I would probably add it to the front up there and skip the front window lighting.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.