2006 Ford Explorer POV

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Little update 5/4/15-

Painted all the beige trim black ( I think it looks a lot better- a lot less "soccer momish")

I plan on ordering a light stick for the back window from strobes n more during their 4th of July salr- I'm torn between the e66 mini and the e66 dual color...

Has anyone had any experience with the two?

ai1377.photobucket.com_albums_ah77_quintinmr_31C5D697_595F_4415_B196_D8C8D5BF0C60_zpsnnvc4ljr.jpg

ai1377.photobucket.com_albums_ah77_quintinmr_98AFFE21_5100_416C_9939_B6C08731E108_zpswb4jvkir.jpg

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Black looks good. I don't think you can go wrong with either bar. Just have to consider if you're actually going to need the amber or not.

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Black looks good. I don't think you can go wrong with either bar. Just have to consider if you're actually going to need the amber or not.
That's exactly it, I don't know when I'd actually use Amber- the other thing is, well 2 things

1- the both the e66 dual and single (not the mini) color are a hair under 36" it'd be a relatively tight squeeze

2- on strobes n more, it says the dual color has 1 watt leds where as the single color says 3 watt leds, I'm not sure if that was a typo or not but I'd rather not get a 1 watt led stick...

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
That's exactly it, I don't know when I'd actually use Amber- the other thing is, well 2 things

1- the both the e66 dual and single (not the mini) color are a hair under 36" it'd be a relatively tight squeeze

2- on strobes n more, it says the dual color has 1 watt leds where as the single color says 3 watt leds, I'm not sure if that was a typo or not but I'd rather not get a 1 watt led stick...
Black trim looks great!

It is not a typo; the E66 mini uses SNM's 3W LEDs and the E66 mini stick is just under 10" shorter in length. If you have no definite need for the Amber, go with the E66 mini.

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Black trim looks great!

It is not a typo; the E66 mini uses SNM's 3W LEDs and the E66 mini stick is just under 10" shorter in length. If you have no definite need for the Amber, go with the E66 mini.
If you take a look at strobes n more there is 3 e66 models- the mini, single color longer version and dual color...

The mini says 3 watt LEDs,

The single color longer version (which I think is basically the dual color except it's not dual color) says 3 watt LEDs a

The dual color says 1watt.

That's what's confusing me

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
If you take a look at strobes n more there is 3 e66 models- the mini, single color longer version and dual color...

The mini says 3 watt LEDs,

The single color longer version (which I think is basically the dual color except it's not dual color) says 3 watt LEDs a

The dual color says 1watt.

That's what's confusing me
I'm guessing that it has to do with the dual color capability. B/c each diode in the duo color E66 has to flash 2 colors, the output probably suffers as compared to a single-color diode. I believe that this output issue is why the big name companies (ie whelen, fedsig) interweave separate color Diodes instead of having dual color diodes (that don't meet their standards)

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Last edited by a moderator:

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Little update-

made a custom lisense plate bracket out of "U" channel aluminum, sprayed it with bed liner and slapped some t6's (courtesy of Nate from move over outfitters)image.jpg

image.jpg

Next plan when I have some extra money is the mesh ("Bentley style") grille with 4 t6's and some red cannons in the tail lights as well.

ill get a video up when the upload to YouTube 

Reactions: Tony P

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Update 2/23/16:

Installed a pair of r/w cannons in the fogs, got the custom intersection bracket wired up

Future plans-

Honeycomb grill with t6's, brush guard with led flood lights hooked up to a flasher, rear 1/4 window side lighting and red cannons for the DRL portion of the tail lights

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Finally bought and installed a brush guard and a strobe n more eflood 7200, not I just can't decide wether or not I want to move the t6's I had on an intersection bracket behind my lisence plate to the side of the brush guard or if I want to suck it up and get apollos (I'd like to stick with feniex)

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Move the T6s to the grill and buy some R/W apollos for intersection.

That's what I was thinking of doing, but there's no great way to mount t6's in the grille without drilling (which I'd rather not do) maybe I'll make some brackets and mount them underneath the lightbar and when I sell my spare cannons I'll buy a pair of apollos

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it seems like you could attach the T6s to the grill slats with some angle brackets and some 3M double sided tape.

Another option is putting the T6s on a license plate bracket in the rear and putting a Cobra 600 on the top bar of the grill guard like Eric.

Reactions: hfdemt4095

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
My friends have a small shop and they been making me some brackets. We came up with our own plate bracket. I have the T3 version on my truck now. And soon a T6 version. It is unfinished 20g stainless so it is sturdy. But I have an Explorer like yours and with these plate brackets you have some adjustment to the angle of the light.

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
My friends have a small shop and they been making me some brackets. We came up with our own plate bracket. I have the T3 version on my truck now. And soon a T6 version. It is unfinished 20g stainless so it is sturdy. But I have an Explorer like yours and with these plate brackets you have some adjustment to the angle of the light.
I need front intersection warning first, then rear side warning before I get to all the additional, most likely, unnecessary lights

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
This vehicle is currently for sale, if you have serious thoughts on purchasing, pm me to discus. most lighting will be stripped and put on the new vehicle.

Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.