2006 Ford F150 POV

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Thanks. I still have the RX bar on backorder and i want to upgrade to a new switch box. I am thinking about getting the Sirennet version that has 6 switches and a 4 stage sliding switch. I would like 3 of the 6 euro rockers to be momentary to contro the TA functions o the RX bar. What do you think?

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
So I called sirennet and was tolf the on/off switches cannot be replaced with momentary switches. Is it possible to use an on off switch as a momentary switch?

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
My RX-46 bar is in the way now. And I am trying to decide if I should set to a flashing pattern and try to match it to the other lights in the reae window, or use it as a TA only.

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Finished my install today.

I will eventually get smaller bolts for the brackets and will paint them black.

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_05_a3a5yrab.jpg

I also purchased a Carson SC-550 control. I mounted it under the rear seat. I dont have a speaker and do not use the siren on it.

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_05_pebama3e.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_05_sazudaju.jpg

Will upload a video soon.

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
I slowed down most of the patterns and tried to get the rear bar to flash a similar pattern the other lights in the back window.

http://youtu.be/heltgLzUXvQ

My phone does not take very good videos, but the lights are very bright during the day.

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Been a while since I updated this install. Sold most of this equipement to several guys on my department and upgraded. I got a  47" Feniex Avatar with TDs and Alley lights. It is temporarily mounted on the cab. (I have ordered a back rack and headache mount for it.) I also haven't decided on the patterns for Mode 2 and 3. I also upgraded my reverse lights with 3 mode Cannons. I am debating on what to do for the front. (I have sold the remaining T3s on the PB.) I want to stick with Feniex because I have been very impressed thus far. I am going to put T6s on the sides of the PB (and horizontally). Any ideas for the front of the PB?

Mode 1 (On scene)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Wow. Looks outstanding! For mode one, i would disable the grill lights & front intersections. I love the avatar. Maybe try to get a pair of amber modules back there? Can you take a video showing the different patterns of the bar?

Reactions: ozzyy1

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Thanks. I am still playing with the patterns for modes 2 and 3. I have thought about replacing the rear TA modules with amber, but still undecided.

As for the push bumper I have been thinking about 2 Dual T6s or a Cobra 400 or 600.

I found a video with the flash patterns.

Reactions: Storm4200

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I say go for a Cobra600 in the grill. I just did one on a newer F150 and it looks great.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Apollos blue/white on the side of the push bumper. Solid blue flash except mode 3 make it blue/white alternating.

Reactions: ClintonPSE

rcfd34

Oct 24, 2011
Illinois
How do u get away with a hlf up were im from the cops frown apon it heavily and told us they highly suggest we dont use them anymore??

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
I like the look of the Cobra 600. And Apollos would look good on the sides.

M6s would be great, but I want this to use Feniex products.

I have had rhe hlf for several years now. And a lot of vols around here use them, and I've never heard of any cops complain about lighting. Usually they just watch for vols driving recklessly. My chief and asst. chief and several other guys are deputies locally and they say that thw hlf is legal and an effective light.

Reactions: ClintonPSE

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Yeah. I think to leagally use the hlf you have to have blue grill lights.

I live in mid-western IL. About 30 Minutes from the Iowa border

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
you could have the Cobra600 populated with two white 'takedown' modules. You can have them flash in mode 3 and steady burn when you add the takedowns. 

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
you could have the Cobra600 populated with two white 'takedown' modules. You can have them flash in mode 3 and steady burn when you add the takedowns. 
Thats exactly what I planned on doing. How would you recommend having the modules places on the 600?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
B/B/TD/TD/B/B

The whites over power the blues. Keep them together for nice big foot prints

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
I am just west of Milwaukee. Not too far from you guys.

There should be somewhere that you can look up the IL laws to see if a HLF is legal.
This is it.

"(c-1) In addition to the blue oscillating, rotating, or flashing lights permitted under subsection ©, and notwithstanding subsection (a), a vehicle operated by a voluntary firefighter, a voluntary member of a rescue squad, or a member of a voluntary ambulance unit may be equipped with flashing white headlights and blue grill lights, which may be used only in responding to an emergency call or when parked or stationary at the scene of a fire, rescue call, ambulance call, or motor vehicle accident."

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Awesome. Are you on with Gerlaw or Alexis departments? I run with central warren and help out when I can in Little York.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Hmm im gonna have to look into that then i live in northern il
Not to jack ozzyy1's thread but I suggest keeping a copy of the IVC pages with your dept. ID/light approval letter.   Sometimes a lot of PD's don't get the law updates like they should.

Ozzyy1...rig looks good man !

cobra 600 in the grill that i did 
I'm still jealous of your Valor.... :lol: .  Gives me an idea though.

Reactions: ozzyy1

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Decided to get a topper to keep more stuff in but to also get an SUV look. I am really happy with it so far.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426563206.696301.jpg

So I had to add some lights to it. I decided to put 2 T6s in the back window and synced them to the cannons in my reverse housing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426563283.216151.jpg

I also got some cheap accent lights from O'Reilly's and synced them to my cannon to steady burn light.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426563404.139328.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426563433.891930.jpg

Video

http://youtu.be/Pt_ZZGjVrgA

Last edited by a moderator:

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.