2006 Jeep Grand Cherokke with Red and Clear Fog Lights

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
How about making a non-facebook link please.

Lt.731

Very nice install , i find myself torn between choosing a 2009 ford explorer or a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee , both look great when nicely "lit up" , but i have to ask what kind of mounting options or space do you have if i needed to mount a vhf mobile is it possible for this vehicle ? i like how the ford explorer has the havis shield vehicle specific console is there anything out there like that for this vehicle. I wouldn't know who else to ask besides someone who uses a vehicle like this for application to emergency services and how it performs when you need it to most , i am very anxious to see what you have to say i am going to the dealer next week :? and cant seem to make up my mind.

Maranos

May 21, 2010
Pacific Northwest, USA
Looks very clean and nice. I particularly enjoyed the whited out plate in the pic, but clear as day plate in the video! :lol: :roll:

smsales

May 21, 2010
West Michigan
Lt.731 said:
Very nice install , i find myself torn between choosing a 2009 ford explorer or a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee , both look great when nicely "lit up" , (1)but i have to ask what kind of mounting options or space do you have if i needed to mount a vhf mobile is it possible for this vehicle ? i like how the ford explorer has the havis shield vehicle specific console is there anything out there like that for this vehicle. (2) I wouldn't know who else to ask besides someone who uses a vehicle like this for application to emergency services and how it performs when you need it to most , i am very anxious to see what you have to say i am going to the dealer next week :? and cant seem to make up my mind.

ok, (1) there is SOME ROOM for a radio to be mounted on the side of the center console, but not a ton. i have not seen anything like the havis for this vehicle, maybe i just have not looked hard enough. Its hard to find any ideas what so ever when it comes to the Grand Cherokee's. I have looked high and low and cant find any to go off of.. so i have just gone out on my own and did whatever i thought would look good. to answer your next question(2), i like the jeep, it handles very nice at "higher" speeds, i have never owned a explorer but i have head they are a little top heavy. not the jeep. i dont know how fast you really go, but the jeep handles very nice.(try it out at the dealership, as long as they dont go with ya :lol: ) i think there is alot of space to do different light setups, the only thing i dont like is the luggage rack. hard to get a light bar on them. so IMO, unless you get one without, this will be a interior setup only.(cool by me, i love slick tops!) anything feel free to ask, i can take other pics if you would like..

thanks,

Scott

smsales

May 21, 2010
West Michigan
VolEms said:
where did you get the Licence Plate bracket and how much did you pay.

i make all my own brackets, just because everything i do, usually there is no bracket for it. :lol:

smsales

May 21, 2010
West Michigan
VolEms said:
Nice. I really like the install. Simple but effective. Nice Ride too.
thank you, its an on going project, im working on vortex in the fog lights. ill post when its done.

Lt.731

Smsales , thank you your post was very informative and has led me to choosing a 2010 jeep grand Cherokee limited (black) everyone i talk to preaches about what a "solid" vehicle it is and also how is heaviness adheres the vehicle to the ground for great traction in the snow , and then after finding this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ZcGguVv0c I'd have to say I'm a fan of the way it looks lit up , i would definitely need a place to put at least one mobile a Kenwood 110 watt vhf with a remote head for ems application. I wold love to see some pics of the interior if you don't mind and if you have and further suggestions , likes or dislikes I'm open to all ideas and point of views it would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks again,

- Kyle

smsales

May 21, 2010
West Michigan
Lt.731 said:
Smsales , thank you your post was very informative and has led me to choosing a 2010 jeep grand Cherokee limited (black) everyone i talk to preaches about what a "solid" vehicle it is and also how is heaviness adheres the vehicle to the ground for great traction in the snow , and then after finding this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ZcGguVv0c I'd have to say I'm a fan of the way it looks lit up , i would definitely need a place to put at least one mobile a Kenwood 110 watt vhf with a remote head for ems application. I wold love to see some pics of the interior if you don't mind and if you have and further suggestions , likes or dislikes I'm open to all ideas and point of views it would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks again,

- Kyle
Kyle,

It would be no problem at all to get some pics up for you. I totally agree, the jeep is an awesome vehicle, and i am surprised that they are not more popular to Emergency field. For you radio application, its going to tough, but is do-able. I will have some pics for you coming this week. Any question regarding install, feel free to contact me, My email is at the bottom.

Thanks

Scott

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.