2007 chevrolet Impala POV Updated Videos 11/12/10

hfd163

May 20, 2010
Rochester, New York
This is my 2007 Chevy Impala POV. I have changed my lighting package several times. Here is what is in it now. I also put a couple videos from before. Let me know what you think.

Front:

Above RVM, Dual Blue/Blue Slimlighter

Lower Bumper Grill: 2 Blue TIR3 Leds

Strobe HAWS, Front turn signals (soon to come)

Rear:

2 Strobe HAW's in Brake Lights

2 Strobe HAW's in Reverse Lights

Trunk:

1 Amber 1 Red LED that activate when truck opens only

Whelen Strobe Power Supply

Flashlight and Charger

Inside:

Custom Built Center Console

Radio Shack Digital Scanner

4 Switch panel 1, Dash, 2 Grill, 3 Rear, 4 Aux

2 Cig Plug outlets

Front Video Day:

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_th_P5050001.jpg

Rear Video Day:

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_th_P5050002.jpg

Rear Video Dawn:

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_th_P5050006.jpg

Rear with trunk open:

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_th_P5050004.jpg

Custom Console:

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_100_8439.jpg

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_100_8440.jpg

Old set up Winter 2008

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Videos_th_Picture027.jpg

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Videos_th_Picture035.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
not a bad job on the console. have u considered painting the housing u made for the mirror lights?...they may stand out less if they weren't black, imo.

hfd163

May 20, 2010
Rochester, New York
pdk9 said:
not a bad job on the console. have u considered painting the housing u made for the mirror lights?...they may stand out less if they weren't black, imo.

That is a good idea, I might try that before I place the new mirrors on. Thanks!!!!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
no worries. ;) also, if u are putting new mirrors on in the near future, how about considering mounting ghosts underneath each mirror (thus you won't have an easily-visible hole on the mirrors and the lights are more concealed) and moving the tir3's currently mounted on your mirrors to the grill?

hfd163

May 20, 2010
Rochester, New York
pdk9 said:
no worries. ;) also, if u are putting new mirrors on in the near future, how about considering mounting ghosts underneath each mirror (thus you won't have an easily-visible hole on the mirrors and the lights are more concealed) and moving the tir3's currently mounted on your mirrors to the grill?
never seen them mounted under the mirrors, what brackets would i use? Does anyone have any pictures?

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
hfd163 said:
never seen them mounted under the mirrors, what brackets would i use? Does anyone have any pictures?

Here is one I found...

ai66.photobucket.com_albums_h277_cbpdogboy_600_GHOST_ON_MIRROR.jpg

Just use the standard perm mount bracket that it comes with. Drill a hole for the wire to pass through into the mirror, remove the inside door panel, and push the wire throught the oem rubber boot into the vehicle...

hfd163

May 20, 2010
Rochester, New York
well I no longer need to worry about the mirror led's. someone decided they wanted them more than me a stole them lastnight in my driveway. so now all I have is the brackets left!!!

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
I think the console looks good. And that sucks about your lights getting stolen. That happend to a friend of mine around here too.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
That's ridiculous! I'm sorry that happened. Will it be covered under auto or home owner insurance, by chance?

hfd163

May 20, 2010
Rochester, New York
RL1 said:
That's ridiculous! I'm sorry that happened. Will it be covered under auto or home owner insurance, by chance?
It would be but it would cost me more upfront than the lights are worth. and would prob make my insurance go up also.

hfd163

May 20, 2010
Rochester, New York
unlisted said:
Sorry your lights were stolen- security screws may be a good investment on anything with a "easy to remove screw" on it..

http://www.brycefastener.com/

http://www.securityfasteners.net/

http://www.tamperproof.com/

Not recommending any in particular, just showing you options.
Thanks for the heads up. What kills me is I have a CCTV camera set up on my driveway and cars but I parked in the side yard one night :evil: and they steal my lights. They didnt even unscrew them they just ripped the led off and ripped the wires.

hfd163

May 20, 2010
Rochester, New York
Here are a couple of updated videos. Sorry the camera sucks and I was at my sisters house so the dog was parking like crazy!!!!!

1) Removed talon fromt under RVM and Installed a Slimlighter blue/blue above mirror.

2) Placed the dual talon in rear window until I sell it and get a dual amber LED for the deck.

3) Mirror LED;s our gone thanks to someone that stole them lastnight. Oh well

Front:

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_th_P5050001.jpg

Rear:

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_th_P5050002.jpg

Rear with Trunk open:

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_th_P5050004.jpg

Rear near dawn:

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll85_hfd163_Install_2007_20Impala_th_P5050006.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
hfd163 said:
Here are a couple of updated videos. Sorry the camera sucks and I was at my sisters house so the dog was parking like crazy!!!!!

1) Removed talon fromt under RVM and Installed a Slimlighter blue/blue above mirror.

2) Placed the dual talon in rear window until I sell it and get a dual amber LED for the deck.

3) Mirror LED;s our gone thanks to someone that stole them lastnight. Oh well

sorry to hear about the mirror LEDs. with regards to the rear, how about u keep the blue dual talon and save up some $ to get a dual amber to compliment it? i think that having the amber on the left side and the blue on the right side of the rear deck would look great.

jarthur

May 24, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
hfd163 said:

I have been trying to get my dog to run a valet stand too!

But seriously, looks good, I would add a couple high grill lights and move the tir3's to the far sides of the lower grill for some intersection warning.

hfd163

May 20, 2010
Rochester, New York
jarthur said:
I have been trying to get my dog to run a valet stand too!

But seriously, looks good, I would add a couple high grill lights and move the tir3's to the far sides of the lower grill for some intersection warning.

My grill kinda sucks for grill light, I had the tir3's on the side before but in my state it is not a law to pull over so intersections that I am going through I already have the right away lol

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
I like the console that you made. Too bad about the mirror lights, someone stole some grill lights off of one of our guys' truck before. Actually, in the next town over, someone stole a volunteer's entire vehicle when he was out on a call. Idiots!

hfd163

May 20, 2010
Rochester, New York
theroofable said:
I like the console that you made. Too bad about the mirror lights, someone stole some grill lights off of one of our guys' truck before. Actually, in the next town over, someone stole a volunteer's entire vehicle when he was out on a call. Idiots!

We had the same thing happen before too. But the dumb kid that stole it never realized he left the rear strobes on. Made it much much easier for the troopers when he got on the exspressway to find him.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.