2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 with videos Update 11/29/11!!!

May 21, 2010
Northeast Pa
Here is my new ride that I got a few months ago.

2007 Chevy Silverdao Crew Cab LTZ Z71

Used for volunteer fire dept response.

Any questions feel free to ask!

Equipment:

Custom 40in Whelen WECAN Liberty.

Whelen Dual Advenger.

Whelen LIN4's (in grill).

Jottodesk center console. http://www.jottodesk.com/Comersus/store ... roduct=770

Brookings BR990 digital switch box.

Uniden Bearcat 350A scanner.

Video:

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/ ... %20videos/

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_Triton64_IMG_3274.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_Triton64_IMG_3278.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_Triton64_IMG_3293.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_Triton64_IMG_3290.jpg

Update!!!

Backrack has been redone and did some modifications to mounting the light bar more secure and raising the back rack up another inch for easier access to the bedcover lock clips. More pics will be on the way!

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_Triton64_IMG_0132_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nice Set-up! Why didn't you just use a Full size liberty instead of modifying one?

May 21, 2010
Northeast Pa
psteele said:
A very nice clean install! Great job! It blows my mind that the console is $272 on the Jotto website!

I found a better deal from a supplier on the forum and etc.

Boss429 said:
Nice Set-up! Why didn't you just use a Full size liberty instead of modifying one?

I never cut the frame down or anything, it was a custom frame directly from whelen that was used for some security agancey in another state. The lightbar used to have just alley lights on it and another board member was selling it and I figured well I can convert it over to a liberty with the WECAN program. I was looking to build something like it before I found the lightbar forsale here on the forum. I wanted to have something that nobody usually sees everyday.

code60a said:
Looks great!

Thanks!!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I like that mid size lightbar. Very clean looking mounted on the back rack.

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
I like the bar rack you have installed in the back of your truck. What kind of tonneau cover do you have and did you have to modify anything to install the light rack? I want to use a rack like that but I also want a cover for my bed and I was not sure I could do both.

NH3520

Aug 18, 2011
U.S.A., New Hampshire
Stimpy911 said:
I like the bar rack you have installed in the back of your truck. What kind of tonneau cover do you have and did you have to modify anything to install the light rack? I want to use a rack like that but I also want a cover for my bed and I was not sure I could do both.

You can use a tonneau cover that does not cover the stake pockets on the bed rails. There are a few manufacturers who's covers attatch to the inside of the rails, those are the ones you will need to look at. Both soft covers and hard covers are available. The rack just needs a set of tonneau cover risers, they are litteraly just a 1" spacer that raises the rack over your cover. I got those cheap from Amazon. I'll see if I can throw a pic of my truck up here (not to hijack the thread, Sorry!!)

Edit: Link to a pic of the back of my '09 Ram 2500. That is a Bak Industries Roll-Bak cover. Hard aluminum that rolls into a canister in the raised part at the front of the bed. Good luck with your install!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/flyersfreak484/Lighting/ProRack-1.jpg

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
NH3520 said:
You can use a tonneau cover that does not cover the stake pockets on the bed rails. There are a few manufacturers who's covers attatch to the inside of the rails, those are the ones you will need to look at. Both soft covers and hard covers are available. The rack just needs a set of tonneau cover risers, they are litteraly just a 1" spacer that raises the rack over your cover. I got those cheap from Amazon. I'll see if I can throw a pic of my truck up here (not to hijack the thread, Sorry!!)

Edit: Link to a pic of the back of my '09 Ram 2500. That is a Bak Industries Roll-Bak cover. Hard aluminum that rolls into a canister in the raised part at the front of the bed. Good luck with your install!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/flyersfreak484/Lighting/ProRack-1.jpg

I went to the back rack website and it looks like they do have tonneau cover risers for sale. I was looking at getting a truxedo. My buddy said he could make one for me. That might be a cheaper way to go than buying a back rack.

May 21, 2010
Northeast Pa
Stimpy911 said:
I went to the back rack website and it looks like they do have tonneau cover risers for sale. I was looking at getting a truxedo. My buddy said he could make one for me. That might be a cheaper way to go than buying a back rack.

I bought the ones from backrack and then after awhile it was driving me crazy, I had a friend fabricate some new ones and they work better.

tom said:
That's a great looking truck!

Thank you! I love it and got it to where I want it to be, maybe some updates in the near future.

wolfmobile8

Dec 7, 2010
MA
looks good. I really like the custom size liberty :thumbsup: . I have a custom 39" edge bar mounted on my backrack. Now after looking at your bar I might want to upgarde to a custom size liberty eventually haha.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.