2007 Chevy Silverado Set Up. Opinions are welcome

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
I am in the process of setting up my POV. I live in Michigan and run with two agencies as an MFR and EMT. While I do not intend to use my lights on every call I plan to have some installed for when absolutely needed. This is what I am thinking of doing. Anyone with a similar set up or suggestions for me please feel free to reply. I have never put anything together before and will probably be cruising the forums for tips and ideas...

2007 Chevy Silverado.

INSIDE INSTALL:

Whelen SIREN. Model: 295 hfsa1 I believe

Light switch. 3 or 4 switches is more than enough

CPI Speaker in the engine compartment

I bought both from a friend on County rescue for 40 bucks each.

Here is a pic of the interior of my Silverado. I am not sure the best way yet to install the siren and a switch box. Nothing expensive or fancy. I am looking for a nice and neat way of placing it on the floor between the two seats. I will hide all the wires of course.

Silverado.jpg

OUTSIDE INSTALL:

Sound Off Signal Pinnacle Mini LED

Sound Off, Galls, or strobes n more headlight and tail light flashers

2 RED LED inserts for my front fog lights

2 RED LED lights mounted above or on the side of my license plate. Possibly getting a plate mounting bracket.

1 RED and 1 CLEAR or 2 RED LED Lights in my Grill. Not sure I will do this yet as it could be overkill.

That is about it. I will post pictures when I have this done.

Thanks in advance for any comments, tips, or suggestions.

Stimpy

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Cool. There are several installs on your type of truck. Should be able to get some good ideas! Good luck.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Stimpy911 said:
CPI Speaker in the engine compartment

I would strongly urge you not to mount your speaker in the engine compartment, it will be very loud inside the vehicle, and not effective at all. Find a place behind the grill, I am sure there is plenty of room there.

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Ultimate D said:
I would strongly urge you not to mount your speaker in the engine compartment, it will be very loud inside the vehicle, and not effective at all. Find a place behind the grill, I am sure there is plenty of room there.

Oops sorry, I meant to say Grill and not engine compartment.

May 22, 2010
New York City
Stimpy911 said:
I am thinking I would also like to install a thin traffic advisor in my back window. Still have to do some research on this.

i had a 2011 silverado, and i use to have a nova bull traffic advisor in the lower rear window.....it worked very well..... mounting it was a pain.........

what i did was remove the back seat,and remove the plastic trim and i made brackets and bolted it to the steel frame and then put it all back again......the thing would not budge.......

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
911 said:
i had a 2011 silverado, and i use to have a nova bull traffic advisor in the lower rear window.....it worked very well..... mounting it was a pain.........

what i did was remove the back seat,and remove the plastic trim and i made brackets and bolted it to the steel frame and then put it all back again......the thing would not budge.......

UGH, that sounds like a PIA. I definitely want a traffic advisor to be as slim as possible because I would like to put it in my back window.

JediTalen

Jun 19, 2011
Bummertown, WA
Don't forget to add some side warning in the middle of the truck that is lower than the roof. TIR3's on either side mounted on the bedrails just behind the cab for example. There's a big gap on trucks and the lightbar on top just isn't enough to cover it.

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
JediTalen said:
Don't forget to add some side warning in the middle of the truck that is lower than the roof. TIR3's on either side mounted on the bedrails just behind the cab for example. There's a big gap on trucks and the lightbar on top just isn't enough to cover it.

can u provide a picture or video to help better illustrate this please

JediTalen

Jun 19, 2011
Bummertown, WA
Stimpy911 said:
can u provide a picture or video to help better illustrate this please

Sure, In this picture you can see clearly the "gap" in coverage on the long broadside of a big pickup with only corner lights and a lightbar:

P6230057.jpg

There are a couple of solutions to address this, one of the tidier ones involves using Surfacre mount LED's (TIR3) on a bed mounted toolbox, or simply using L-brackets to mount them on the bedrails just behind the cab. It is also possible to mount them in the rear door windows, but you lose a lot of light to the tinting and have backflash issues there.

Something like this:

IMG00393-20100713-1912.jpg

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
was there a particular brand you planed on using?

i would suggest the following;

Front-

-whelen vertex hideways in your fog lights

-strobesnmore e44 in the grille

-SOS intersectors below your mirrors

-SOS pinnacle mini lightbar on the roof

-galls headlight flasher

Rear-

-strobenmore e66 in the rear glass

-whelen vertexs in reverse and tail light (blinker section)

-strobenmore e3's on a license plate bracket

Any color selction is up to you but i thought i would put in the .02 cents, just enough light and 360 degree coverage at a fairly low budget and tastefully done :thumbsup:

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut

also is there a list of products you already have?

Front-

-galls headlight flasher

Sides-

-strobesnmore e3's on the truck bed at 45 degree angles for side/back coverage

Rear-

Any color selction is up to you but i thought i would put in the .02 cents, just enough light and 360 degree coverage at a fairly low budget and tastefully done :thumbsup:

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Thanks SPC2315. I like SOS and strobes N more will be good as well. I will check all light options including feneix. As long as they are US made and have a warranty.

spc2315 said:
also is there a list of products you already have?

Front-

-galls headlight flasher

Sides-

-strobesnmore e3's on the truck bed at 45 degree angles for side/back coverage

Rear-

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Stimpy911 said:
Where would this be?

it would be placed like the picture above except turned back at a 45 degree angle so you can get side and rear coverage outta it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.