2007 Chevy Tahoe PPV, how many batteries?

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
Does the '07 Tahoe PPV require two batteries? Our agency just acquired one from FHP but it seems to have the left side battery missing. We plan on re-equipping the Tahoe again with our emergency equipment.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
The entire line of chevy trucks and tahoes, from 07-13 at least, came with dual battery trays. This was to simplify manufacturing so the same underhood set up could be used on the gas or diesel motored versions. (Diesel motored usually has 2 batts).

Unless you're pulling like 150 amps in lights you won't need a 2nd battery.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Chevrolet PPV and SSV will come with 2 batteries installed from the factory, I've seen agencies remove the second battery to save money when things get tight. Had it happen to me once.
Look to see if the cables for the second battery are tucked away in the wiring harness.
Like the others said, I've seen civ versions with the second tray installed.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
depends on your use... do you sit on roads for hours on end?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.