2007 Dodge Charger Police Package POV

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Hey guys. Still figuring out what i want to do to her. here is my current set up and was all installed by me. I'm a FF/EMT in NH so we get red/white/amber lights.

from the front

-i have the whelen projector series speaker mounted directly to the push bar.

-Also have 2 LINZ6's split red/white on the L-brackets.--> thinking of 400 series split red/white which is the reason they are vertical.

-whelen dual avenger red/white on a headliner mount.-->thinking of getting the passenger side inner edge and moving the avenger to the center of the winshield low.

-Also a pair of the mirror beams driver's side red. Passengers side white.

From the side

-side of the push bar one on each side i have the M2's red

-rear passengers door both sides TIR3's red

From the rear

-Whelen Dominator TA Plus with ends flashing red/red and center bar amber with TA function

-Whelen LINZ6's split red/amber on the liscence plate.

interior

-Havis charger console.

-I have the Whelen SLS295A6 siren control box with switches. Mainly use the three slide switch so i have a lot of empty buttons.

-Whelen TA control head with power on off to the SLS295A6 to cut down on run time of the unit

Any suggestions on what i should add/take away? to much/not enough? looking for some input on my ideas about the inner edge and 400 series as well. thanks

100_0968.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0960.jpg

100_0961.jpg

100_0962.jpg

100_0963.jpg

100_0964.jpg

100_0965.jpg

100_0966.jpg

100_0967.jpg

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
ISU_Cyclone said:
The only thing I don't like are the huge wire looms from the pushbumper. Find a better way to hide those wires and you are set! Sharp looking car

i'm trying to do that the only problem i have run into is i cant get any 3/4 inch all i could find was the 1 inch due to the six wires running back for the power/sync/ground. i'm also debating on taking off the push bar and recessing the lights into the grill. not sure how that would look.

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
LED said:
If your attempting to go for the "unmarked police car look", you nailed it...

she was black and white with the spot light and bumper when i purchased her in december LOL. that was a little too much

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
ISU_Cyclone said:
The only thing I don't like are the huge wire looms from the pushbumper. Find a better way to hide those wires and you are set! Sharp looking car

i have a charger and push bar and ran the wires under the brackets that come out of the grille and under the area where your speaker is mounted, dont see any wires and it looks sweet

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Harbor Patrol said:
i have a charger and push bar and ran the wires under the brackets that come out of the grille and under the area where your speaker is mounted, dont see any wires and it looks sweet

thanks. I'll definatly look into it. if you have any pictures they would be very helpful

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
take the LINZ6s on the license plate bracket, and on the push bumper, and turn them HORIZONTAL!!! LIN stand for LINEAR, which are intended for horizontal mounting. you will get MUCH better off axis warning.

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
hoisy71 said:
thanks. I'll definatly look into it. if you have any pictures they would be very helpful

will try to post tom, raining by me now

i ran all wires through 1 wire loom with a quick connect plug, so if i need to take off the bumper i can easily do so

Jan 4, 2012
Central, Florida
curious the push bumper is useless with the lights and siren sticking out past the push bars? i would of mounted them under and in a little bit. other than that it looks good!

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Looks great man! REALLY looks like a couple of the unmarked NHSP chargers I've seen around! Nashua PD's unmarked traffic charger is basically this without the mirror beams push bumper or unity. Stay safe man!

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Looks good I agree flip the linz6 horizontally it will look much better. May consider adding a set of vertex to the blinker/taillight housing and sync with the rear linz6s for an "X" pattern. Maybe add a tir3 in the rear side windows for better mid coverage on intersections.

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
Car looks great. +1 on turning around the speaker bracket so its not sticking out beyond the push bumper. Maybe some Par36 in the fog lights?

If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for it used?

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Storm4200 said:
take the LINZ6s on the license plate bracket, and on the push bumper, and turn them HORIZONTAL!!! LIN stand for LINEAR, which are intended for horizontal mounting. you will get MUCH better off axis warning.

yes i know they do lol. but like i said above on the bumper im looking at getting the 400 series split and unfortunatly if i flip it they wont fit

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
spc2315 said:
Looks good I agree flip the linz6 horizontally it will look much better. May consider adding a set of vertex to the blinker/taillight housing and sync with the rear linz6s for an "X" pattern. Maybe add a tir3 in the rear side windows for better mid coverage on intersections.

TIR3's are already there

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
5309 said:
curious the push bumper is useless with the lights and siren sticking out past the push bars? i would of mounted them under and in a little bit. other than that it looks good!

i really dont have to much use for the bumper myself so i used it more for mounting as to limit the drilling. but i'm deffinatly thinking of moving the siren back a little bit to protect it

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
iceman4122 said:
Car looks great. +1 on turning around the speaker bracket so its not sticking out beyond the push bumper. Maybe some Par36 in the fog lights?

If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for it used?

I'm thinking of the Par28D'd the split warning/fog lights but like everything it all comes down to $$

as for price i don't mind at all. I bought her private sale with approx. 66,200 miles for $8,500

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
spc2315 said:

I already have a set of strobes in my closet i'm just too lazy to pull it out and pop them in

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Harbor Patrol said:

i ran all wires through 1 wire loom with a quick connect plug, so if i need to take off the bumper i can easily do so

sounds good thanks. i also used quick connects just for the purpose of if it needs to come off it can

SnuffJ25

May 25, 2010
Penacook, NH
Jeez, was wondering how long it was gonna take for you to post on here..... ok, here it goes.

Great set up. Not TOO overdone, but effective. I'm not a fan of those who mimic a police vehicle, but the chargers are baddass.

My recommendations? I would lose the LinZ6s in the front. Too small of a light for the grill. I would put another pair of M2's in the grill and syncronize them with your intersection M2s. I know when I saw you last, you were planning on hooking up the strobe kit. If you havent done this already, i'd do it. Par36 LEDs would be good for the fog light spots. Maybe a dual avenger in R/R or R/W in the center upper deck. Lastly, I would install a headlight flasher. HLF is one of the most effective lights you can have on your vehicle. Other than that, looks great!!!

*Anonymous*

;)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
hoisy71 said:
yes i know they do lol. but like i said above on the bumper im looking at getting the 400 series split and unfortunatly if i flip it they wont fit

the LinZ6 AND the split 400s will be too much. one OR the other. not both

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Storm4200 said:
the LinZ6 AND the split 400s will be too much. one OR the other. not both
+1 And don't get them split color either, get one red and one white or 2 red, and don't use split flash patterns.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Another +1 on the grille, both would be too much so pick one or the other. How do you like those Whelen M2 LED's? How do they compare in size and brightness to the M4 or 400 series?

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
NFD-102 said:
Another +1 on the grille, both would be too much so pick one or the other. How do you like those Whelen M2 LED's? How do they compare in size and brightness to the M4 or 400 series?

I do like the M2's. crazy bright for the size. as for compared to the M4 and 400 series not sure noone around here seems to have the M4's

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
SnuffJ25 said:
Jeez, was wondering how long it was gonna take for you to post on here..... ok, here it goes.

Great set up. Not TOO overdone, but effective. I'm not a fan of those who mimic a police vehicle, but the chargers are baddass.

My recommendations? I would lose the LinZ6s in the front. Too small of a light for the grill. I would put another pair of M2's in the grill and syncronize them with your intersection M2s. I know when I saw you last, you were planning on hooking up the strobe kit. If you havent done this already, i'd do it. Par36 LEDs would be good for the fog light spots. Maybe a dual avenger in R/R or R/W in the center upper deck. Lastly, I would install a headlight flasher. HLF is one of the most effective lights you can have on your vehicle. Other than that, looks great!!!

*Anonymous*

;)

Joe,

I added a pair of red 500 series i had to the grill to add to the more warning. still looking at the HL flasher and the Par36's it just all comes down to how much more i want to drop into her for lights LOL. as for the strobes i still have to hook them up just been to lazy to get the cable and to run it lol

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
hoisy71 said:
Joe,
I added a pair of red 500 series i had to the grill to add to the more warning. still looking at the HL flasher and the Par36's it just all comes down to how much more i want to drop into her for lights LOL. as for the strobes i still have to hook them up just been to lazy to get the cable and to run it lol

you added the 500s, did you remove the LinZ6s?

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
Harbor Patrol said:

ai832.photobucket.com_albums_zz248_HarborPatrol44_IMG_20120219_00657_1.jpg

passenger side view, ran all wires (4 total) in 1 loom with quick connect under bracket

ai832.photobucket.com_albums_zz248_HarborPatrol44_IMG_20120219_00658.jpg

Underside view

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.