2007 LFL Patriot Strobe to LED conversion

WS295

May 31, 2012
NE, USA
Considering swapping my strobe corners for LEDs on my 54” 2/2007 LFL Patriot so I can go from colored to clear lenses all around. I already bought one hollow power supply ballast, which I know I need from my research. Are there any other components I need besides LED corners, and what is the procedure once I open the bar up? If the power supply gets unplugged and removed, where do the corner modules go? Thanks.

WS295

May 31, 2012
NE, USA
Thanks, can you point me in the right direction for the wiring and flasher? The corner modules seem easy enough to find on eBay from a Liberty, but I’ve tried looking for the other two with no luck.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thanks, can you point me in the right direction for the wiring and flasher? The corner modules seem easy enough to find on eBay from a Liberty, but I’ve tried looking for the other two with no luck.
The wiring is easily adapted, you will need a smaller 2 pin amp connecter, you can adapt don the 3 pin strobe ones easily (don't leave the leds plugged into the strobe supply). You can use any LED flasher you want from cheaper able 2 ones all the way up to a smart logic Whelen. The swap out is pretty easy, the biggest issue is just packing it all up neatly.

Reactions: Dave F
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
A big difference between the Liberty and Patriot that I owned was how the LED controller worked. Not sure if all Patriot bars have a basic built in LED controller or not though. The Patriot had 1 input to activete the front or rear LED heads but the liberty activated pairs of heads so they didnt all need to be on at once. I would look into a controller and harness from a liberty as a replacement option. Otherwise if you are just going to add some heads to your bar I have some wiring if you are looking. Ill see if I have any photos of the insides if the bars later too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.