Siren

1 Whelen 295SLSA1 200W siren

2 Whelen SA315P speakers

Video:

ai468.photobucket.com_albums_rr41_nifoxke_th_lights.jpg

smsales

May 21, 2010
West Michigan
looks good. the only thing that i would change, would be to move a red from the lic plate into the grill and move the clear to the side on the plate with the clear. You know? So clears on one side and reds on another? Only because you have no red out the grill, just clear. Maybe thats the way you want it, IMO.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
HPD84 said:
that's a cool little car,everytime i look at it i think of the CSP "Street Racing" Unit :eek: :shock: :lol:
ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_csp150.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_csp151.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_csp152.jpg

That thing is pretty cool! Definitely not your average cruiser.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
smsales said:
looks good. the only thing that i would change, would be to move a red from the lic plate into the grill and move the clear to the side on the plate with the clear. You know? So clears on one side and reds on another? Only because you have no red out the grill, just clear. Maybe thats the way you want it, IMO.

Yeah that's not a bad idea. I thought about adding a TIR3 or similiar in the upper corners of my windshield and setting it to an X pattern with the grill lights. So maybe one red and one white in the windshield corners and one red and one white in the grill.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
I think I'm gonna change the set up I currently have. I'm looking at getting a 24" MicroMan Arrowstar and will remove the Ghosts and TIRs from the back. I think I'll either put the Ghosts or the TIRs in the corners of the headliner.

What would be the best option? I'm thinking Ghosts due to their low profile size. They'd be in addition to the Slimlighter as I feel there's not enough red up front.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
Thanks.

I'm going to be moving the Ghosts to the headliner once I get the MicroMan bar for the rear deck.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
24" ArrowStar is on its way. The Ghosts will be going up front and I'll probably take the TIR3s off the license plate bracket in the rear. I'm not sure if I want to keep them. If I do keep them, I'll be changing the flash pattern so that they're not simultaneously flashing, but alternating instead.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
I love that Impreza generation.... Much better looking than the newer hatchback model.

Set up is fine, especially if you like it !! :)

However in my humble opinion it lacks some balance in colours and between front and rear. It's overwhelmingly REEEDDDDDD !! :shock:

What I would do :

_ Move the red TIR3 to the back, around the licence plate for instance.

_ Mix in some white in the front (Too late to trade the red ghosts for clear ones?) unless of course your state regs forbid it.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
Thanks.

And I agree that it's a lot of red. I would have kept the white lights in the grill but they weren't cooperating with the LED flasher I had installed, so out they went. I really wanted to wire all of my lights to the flasher to have a more uniform look. I will eventually put some white up front. This install was just using what I already had on the vehicle.

I didn't want the TIR3s on the rear license plate any more because, again, they would've been out of sync with the ArrowStar.

But thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to put the TIRs on the 10-75 bracket on the flasher too, there seems to be some washout when the Ghosts flash. So I'll set them so that the Ghosts alternate with the lights on the bracket of the same side.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Why a LED flasher ? You can wire them directly -they have built-in flashers- and then sync 'em as you like, can't you? :?

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
I had 3 different brands and styles of LEDs and wanted to be able to sync them all together. The LED flasher was given to me so I figured I'd use it. It keeps everything uniform.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
Here are some new day time shots. I thought I had taken a day time video but I guess I forgot. I will soon.

ai468.photobucket.com_albums_rr41_nifoxke_IMG_0897.jpg

ai468.photobucket.com_albums_rr41_nifoxke_IMG_0902.jpg

ai468.photobucket.com_albums_rr41_nifoxke_IMG_0899.jpg

I've got a hideaway kit that I'll be installing as soon as time allows. Hopefully I'll be putting 4 in the rear (2 amber, 2 red on an X pattern) and 2 in the front corners (white).

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
I finally had a chance to install my hideaway kit today. Other than a loose connection (it appears to be internal in the power supply) it's good to go.

I have 2 strobes in the red portion and 2 amber in the directional section of the tail light.

Video:

ai468.photobucket.com_albums_rr41_nifoxke_th_3_12_11012.jpg

ai468.photobucket.com_albums_rr41_nifoxke_th_3_12_11019.jpg

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
I think to finish this thing off, I'll buy 2 white MicroMan G3 bars and put them in the upper corners of the windshield. I'd like some white up front. Synced with the grill lights, I think they'd look pretty good. Just need the funds!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I see you've got amber strobe HAWs in the taillights, how is the coloration in them? I've heard that colored strobe HAWs have a very pale coloration that doesn't show up well at all and reduces light output too much, like red looks pink and amber looks light yellow, that kinda thing.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
Grotonems5 said:
Well that is a good thing. Now I just feel like an idiot! The car looks nice though! Did Bouff get done up there completely?

Haha, no worries. Yes unfortunately he's left. It's too bad, really. He's a good guy.

nerdly_dood said:
I see you've got amber strobe HAWs in the taillights, how is the coloration in them? I've heard that colored strobe HAWs have a very pale coloration that doesn't show up well at all and reduces light output too much, like red looks pink and amber looks light yellow, that kinda thing.

The coloration leaves a bit to be desired with the amber. They're in a housing with another amber bulb, too. But they're ok. I've had red HAWs before that would look pinkish. But I have clear bulbs behind the red lenses and they look good.

TheGatekeeper said:

Thanks.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
You missed my updated post :D

I was going to PM you to let you know, but yes, I installed it last weekend. Only 4 of the 6 strobes though. I didn't dare touch the headlights as I didn't think they'd be an acceptable place for them.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Cool, finally warmed up enough huh? Looks good in the video, nice and bright. I dont think they would work very well in projector style headlights, plus theyre probably on the expensive side. Mabye if you didnt use your fog lights... :p

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
Just warm enough outside, plus I stole a garage with some little space heaters to take the edge off.

My foglights are projectors, too, plus I like using them to add to the abysmal light output of my headlights... so no hideaways in there. :)

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
I'm looking for ideas to add white to the front of my car, without changing any of my lighting set up. Any ideas?

hermanesfd

Mar 22, 2011
connecticut
Hey, i have a 2006 wrx that just went into the shop today to get all my lights installed. One thing i did was linz6's on the outer grills. Another thing would be a headliner mounted avenger or slim lighter on the passenger side. I looked at doing it on the drivers side but it blocked the view a lot. I decided agains headliner mounting in general and ended up having them do a dual avenger on the passenger and drivers side low on the dash. Hope this helps some.

Last edited by a moderator:

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
I'll be curious to see how the LINZ6s look on your car. I like to keep my lighting discreet as possible. Will yours be inside the grill or on the outside? Either way, post some pics when its done!

hermanesfd

Mar 22, 2011
connecticut
Yea i like discreet as well, i didnt specify inside or outside of the grill. My guess is it will be outside. They are also putting two more linz6's where you have your ghosts in the front. I get the car back ether tomorrow or Wednesday and will have pictures and hopefully a video up that day.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.