2008 Chevy Tahoe Fire/EMS POV

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Installed only Feniex Industries lighting and controls on my 2008 Tahoe LTZ used for Fire and EMS responses.

Front- Cobra Visor (Blue w/ Take downs)

Cobra T6 dual flange mount x2 (Blue)

HLF from 4200 Control

Side- Apollo F6 (Blue/White)

Cobra T6 (Blue)

Rear- Cannon (Blue/White)

Cobra 200 x2 (Blue)

Video: https://youtu.be/0c7HldUdRGY

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sparky_911

Cody M

Mar 27, 2014
Oklahoma City
Nice! Looks like you've got all the sides covered. How effective are those F6s that low on the bumper? I will be outfitting a Tahoe soon and have been looking for more side warning up front.

Where did you mount the brain for your 4200?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks good Ozzy; I particularly like how clean the center console looks...do u have a pic of what it looked like before the setina/jotto-type faceplate, cup holder, & radio head?

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the fog-light Apollo; I think it looks a little awkward having a surface mount there.  One thing I'd tweak is the flash pattern on the 200s (wigwag alternating the entire left side with the entire right side for a larger footprint)

Reactions: Storm4200

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Thanks. The apollos were only put there because I wanted intersection lighting but didn't want to drill into the fender. They work okay there, they would be better if they were on a push bumper.

The ltz package has a Bose stereo system and the amp for it is in the console, and there was room in front the amp for my radio and 4200 brains (after I removed the cage that went around the Bose amp). This area is directly below the 4200 and radio in the console.

The stock console looked like this before I gutted the cup holder are.

http://www.reveuro.com/inventory/10222/ltz.02.JPG

I have been going through the 200 patterns trying to find one I like best.

I still have another set of apollos that I'm not sure if I should/want to use. If anywhere I think by the mirrors or on the back somewhere.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Thanks. The apollos were only put there because I wanted intersection lighting but didn't want to drill into the fender. They work okay there, they would be better if they were on a push bumper.

The ltz package has a Bose stereo system and the amp for it is in the console, and there was room in front the amp for my radio and 4200 brains (after I removed the cage that went around the Bose amp). This area is directly below the 4200 and radio in the console.

The stock console looked like this before I gutted the cup holder are.

http://www.reveuro.com/inventory/10222/ltz.02.JPG

I have been going through the 200 patterns trying to find one I like best.

I still have another set of apollos that I'm not sure if I should/want to use. If anywhere I think by the mirrors or on the back somewhere.

are the spare apollos BB or BC?  I like the silver/chrome look of the Civi Tahoe mirrors, so I wouldn't want to put anything there (unless you made an exception and went non-Feniex with a SOS intersector under the mirror).  I'd put them on a rear LP bracket and flash blue; if they're BC, then have them flash blue and wire the clear to steady burn when the reverse lights are activated

I'd also like to see you replace the double stacked T6 grill lights with a pair of the 7x3 widelux b/c I think that surface mount grill lights should be linear when mounted in front of the grill & TIR when mounted behind them (ie double stack T6s behind the). The widelux lightheads will definitely contribute to intersection by providing 45 degree off axis 

Reactions: Surgicalcric

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I like it, but like pdk9 would rather see the rear 200's flash all left then right as opposed to split, the intersection lights up higher in the line of sight and would prefer the ILB do the same left then right as a whole side, but that's just me... Otherwise, it is a very clean install.

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Unfortunately the 200s do not have such a pattern. The one I have selected is the slowest pattern with the larger footprint. Maybe in time I will get a grille guard and can move the intersection lights.

The spare apollos are B/W. I will have to do some playing around with the 200s cannons and apollos and see what will work best together.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Ive been able to "trick" a Feniex Cobra 2x dashlight to simul flash.  I held the pattern change/sync wire to ground to change the phase (as you would for T6's) and it synced both heads. Not sure if the 200 would do the same or not. 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Same thing.  Just need to take the light apart and disconnect the blue wires from each other (that are tied to the green leaving the light housing) and sync them that way like you would a T-6

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
Thanks. I have done some thinking a researching and have come up with what I think is a solid idea for rear lighting. I can get a Razorbak flat bracket from Lonstar PSE. I am going to install Feniex lights on it and would like to use what I already have on it, which is 4 T6s (from the 200s), and 2 F6s. I was thinking about mounting them like this: F6/T6/T6    T6/T6/F6, and sync them all to flash left side of the third brake light then the right side, and flash the opposite side cannon creating an X pattern. The F6s would also flash to the sides. I would then buy 2 T3s to mount inside for when the lift gate is up.

Any opinions on this idea?

This is a Razorbak with M4s on it for reference

Raorbak.gif

Reactions: Brendan11

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
agree with strobecrazy!! also would look more uniformed with all the same light heads.

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
I wanted to use what I already had. But I would prefer those lights. If I spend any money I might buy 2 more T6s to use

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
I got the RazorBak for Lonestar PSE and put 4 T6s on it (there wasn't enough room for 6). And put 2 T6s inside the hatch for when it is open.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Nice. Are the interior lights protected?  I would be concerned about dropping gear on them.  Like the placement though. 

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
For now they have 2 L brackets on each for mounting and hug the sides of the cargo area tightly. I will have to find a way to protect them better, until then I will have to just be careful.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Ah, couldnt see the twin L brackets. Thats pretty good coverage then.

If you go with something else I find that 1.25 - 1.5 inch aluminum (or steel) angle iron work really good.  Lowe's, Menards, and most farm stores carry it in 2 and 4 foot sticks. Grab a can of the spray on Rustoleum bedliner while you're there.  No priming and it takes a beating.  

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
The RazorBak was one solid piece, fairly light weight with holes for OEM spoiler bolts to hold it. It had pre-drilled holes for the use of different light heads to be mounted.

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Razorbak bracket is pretty easy to make on your own. We made or own and mounted 24 t3's to it.  In all honest you can get away with a sheet of aluminum and putting in a 45 degree bend in it.  We had ours welded almost identically the same way as the razorbak. 

We were just going to order them directly but after the first one took two and a half months to get, we found it to be quicker to have our local metal worker make them. 

Reactions: Tony P

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Are you making those now nic?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Only when we have a local install needing them. We typically just take the truck around the corner to our metal guy and have him make one. Any metal worker can do it in about 20 minutes

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Well if you ever make an extra, I'd be willing to take it off your hands.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I kept re-reading everything... I couldn't believe those were single t6's not dual stacked!!!! I have t6's but daymnnnn they are brighter then I thought.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.