2008 Ford F-250 fender mounted Apollo

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Has anyone mounted lighting to the fender bezel/vent yet?
I'm looking to install an Apollo surface mounted in this location and was wondering if any members have first hand experience.
By looking quick, it appears to be tension clips in typical Ford fashion. No bolts are apparent.
Thanks for any info. :cool:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Seems I cannot edit first post to add a photo so here's one. The emblem bezel vent is what I'm looking to remove to install an Apollo onto.
Anyone remove this piece that I'm not quite sure wha to call? Lol tia

image.png

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I dropped a socket down there one day and had to pop it out to retrieve it. Plenty of room.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
yup. I think you can look up at it if you drop the wheelwell liner.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Yes, those are just held in by clips. Just be careful pulling on it because the plastic is on the brittle side.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Thanks for the replies gents.. Will update thread with pics when I get the Apollos in. Glad there's no bolt to mess with!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Using some simple glazing tools and finesse these pop right out. They are two pieces, the upper F size model badge fits over the lower grille piece. image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
You can mount the Apollo on the outside of this using some bolts and washers. Using the surface mount flange, run the bolts through the spaces in the plastic, use a black painted washer on the back side, lock washer and a nut. There ya go!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
My phone is not playing nice uploading pics... After the first one my images are too large... Gahhh

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.