2008 GMC Sierra - LED Lightbar behind Grille?

NC4AB

Oct 23, 2010
Wallburg NC
Looking to find out if any one has installed a LED lightbar behind the grille of a 2008 (or newer) GMC Sierra 2500HD.

Looks like I have about 1.5" of depth and 30"+ inches across the grill.

Didn't know if there are any thin bars available.

Thanks

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
microman has a good reputation here on the board. however, if you want something with built-in flash patterns tho (since microman bars need an external flasher), then there's the SOS ultralite and the 911ep LS series bars (911ep is owned by SOS). the dominator is a great product but it is pretty bulky and it sounds like u need something a little slimmer.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
NC4AB said:
Looking to find out if any one has installed a LED lightbar behind the grille of a 2008 (or newer) GMC Sierra 2500HD.

Looks like I have about 1.5" of depth and 30"+ inches across the grill.

Didn't know if there are any thin bars available.

Thanks

If you only have 1.5" of depth behind the grill, the 911EP TDWL series of lights will work well. They are 1.47" deep. The Sound Off UltraLite series of lights are 1.70" deep. Either would work great if you ended up having a little more room, but if you only have the 1.5" of depth and 30ish of width you'll have to go with a TDWL 24 (of you have 36" of width a TDWL 36 will work)

http://911ep.com/products/tdwl.asp

http://www.soundoffsignal.com/warnamber/lightbars/lb_UltraLITE_Ext.htm

I have some TDWL 24s and 36s for sale, PM me if you are interested. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps.

NC4AB

Oct 23, 2010
Wallburg NC
I have found a spot just below the GMC emblem that will give me plenty of depth, now I need to decide if I want to put the lights this low. The truck sits pretty high so this may be an option.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Please post a picture of your grille, or a stock picture from the net.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Put in 4 x Viper EXTs' or similar and spread them out a bit (1 to upper left, 1 to lower left, 1 to upper right, etc) and it'll be easier, cheaper, and MUCH more effective.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.