2008 Impala police

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
This is my work ride. I've posted it on the past boards but we were talking in Chat tonight and I realized I hadn't put it back up on this board yet, so here it is

2008 Impala

FRONT:

4 RED TIR3's on pushbumper - 2 forward and 2 sides

Factory HLF

Whelen Liberty R/B

REAR:

Liberty with R/B corners and Amber arrow

Factory TLF

CONSOLE:

Whelen HFS295A6, horn ring enabled

Kenwood TK7160 VHF

Radioshack Pro-2055 scanner (crap, personal owned).

OTHER:

Location Technologies GPS receiver (dispatch map)

Kenwood radio for transmitting GPS data packets from the Location Technologies receiver

Sirius Satellite radio

MPH Python II radar

Havis(?) rear sliding trunk tray

Setina pushbumper with PB5 wrap-arounds. (sturdy as hell, PERFECT for PIT's)

Digital Ally DVM500 video system

When we got the car, it already had the console, siren, lights, pushbumper and cage installed. The vehicle was ordered from a dealership by another department who then couldn't get the funds to purchase the car, so we did. Me and another officer installed the Sirius, Kenood, Scanner, Location Technologies transceiver, RADAR, Digital Ally, and all antennas, as well as mounted the fire extinguisher on the rear sliding tray.

These pictures are when we very first put the car together, so there are some pieces missing from the console which have since been installed.

I received comments on the last board from some well-respected installers about the placement of the RADAR unit on the dash, but I've neglected to find another place to mount it since then...

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081210.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081207a.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081209b.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081208c.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081208b.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081208a.jpg

Since this picture, I've replaced the GPS antenna for the AVL with a permanent mount NMO puck style, not shown. I also mounted a 5/8 wave VHF antenna on the far passenger side of the trunk for the scanner, which is not shown.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081209a.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y95_uncleben03_Toledo_1020081209.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Nice install... I like the spot you put your StarMate 4... What type of mount did you use for it, or did you fab one yourself...?

And the best addition... The Mt. Dew!!! LoL

Looks good man, I'd love to see that bumper in action... I bet if our local PD had a bumber like that, there wouldnt have been as much damage when I backed into their newest car... LoL

FDNY 10-75

May 24, 2010
NY
Nice work.

I always try to hide the gps antennas and shield the dispatch gps unit because that's usually the first thing the guys try and rip out... I know this is yours and you wouldnt do that though... ;)

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
VolEms said:
Very nice install. What raido are you using. Is that an AED in the trunk.

It's a Kenwood TK 7160, and yes that is an AED.

TritonBoulder47 said:
Nice install... I like the spot you put your StarMate 4... What type of mount did you use for it, or did you fab one yourself...?

I'd love to see that bumper in action...

I used the factory suction cup mount on the windshield. Had it up there since Octorber 08 and I think it only fell down once so far lol. I finally "got" to use the push bumper for a PIT about 3 weeks ago, once the case goes to court I'll see if I can put the video up.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
It might be fugly but it serves it's purpose in PIT maneuvers. Not a scratch to my car OR the offender's car. Personally I like the way it looks, but I think it would be more ugly without the PB'5 sections and just the pushbar.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Ben E. said:
It might be fugly but it serves it's purpose in PIT maneuvers. Not a scratch to my car OR the offender's car. Personally I like the way it looks, but I think it would be more ugly without the PB'5 sections and just the pushbar.

Who cares about the offenders car? They arent or they wouldnt be running at all.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I like it i just have a problem with the way the counsel is so close to the seat i think my holster would hit the crap out of the side of that thing. Thats one of the problems i have with one of the old 2008 crown vics we have there is a cup holder that was put there next to where my holster would be and it catches my holster in such a way that it actually loosens my holster from its three screws "black hawk serpa level 2 holster". One more reason i dont like small cars or at least installs that would interfere with my duty belt. Im gonna take a screw driver to that thing and friken throw that cup holder in the trash one of these nights when the chief is not there.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i like it. i just wish the wire loom was a little less visible when running it horizontally along the pushbar

upnorth896

Dec 13, 2011
MI
Nice install. The Digital Alley is a good system to have w/exception to it not auto dimming for car lights behind you.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
kenton1979 said:
what is this console?

3 separate pieces are visible. Havis Shields angled series, a cupholder bolted to that, then the storage box with the armrest is a separate piece.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.