2008 Suzuki SX4

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
Installed a Whelen CSP690 with four strobes in the rear and two in the front. Had to remove the whole front fascia from the car just to get the front headlights out :roll: and found out that the headlight housings are very flimsy, drilled the 1 inch hole no problem (had some chipping of the mirror finish) but when I tried to drill the holes for the screws it just disintigrated. Ended up epoxy'ing the front strobes in. Really it's all in the pics, put the strobe pack in the trunk and put the switches in the console near the E-brake. (we didn't have loom on hand but will be adding it later to neaten things up!)

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_IMG_0048.jpg

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_IMG_0051.jpg

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_IMG_0043.jpg

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_IMG_0044.jpg

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_IMG_0049.jpg

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_IMG_0040.jpg

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_IMG_0041.jpg

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_IMG_0042.jpg

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_th_MVI_0046.jpg

ai379.photobucket.com_albums_oo232_Grotonems5_lights_th_MVI_0047.jpg

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
looks good. Is there anyway you could have put the strobe tubes in the turn signals? I would think the strobes would get washed out at night when the headlights are on. Just a thought.

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
Thanks!

I put them where the customer wanted them :geek: they do fill the headlight housings nicely, but I agree gonna be washed out with the headlights on (plus double housed headlights, probably not enough room in turn signal area)

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
nice install. i do agree the strobes will be washed out by the headlights. is there any other lighting other than the haw's...

tomx20

Aug 17, 2010
In VT, What did you have to do to be a vol. emt (I'm assuming that's what he is). And is it a paid position, if you don't mind my asking. I understand it's volunteer, but I think some places pay...

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
I am volunteer for my hometown FD&EMS and part-time paid at my job. I started out by getting affiliated with my local FD and first response EMS, got my First Responder (ECA) then took an EMT class and got my basic certs.

The reason we didn't put them in the turn signals in the front is because the customer wanted them in the headlight housings, and the turn signal housings were not flat on the bottom so the inserts would not have made a seal.

tomx20

Aug 17, 2010
Grotonems5 said:
Same thing for him, but he volunteers where I work and he works at another ambulance service full time.

Oh, I'm down in MA and you can really only find vol. jobs out west where it's more rural. I've wanted to be a vol. for a little while now, and if it happened to be paid, that'd be an added bonus. I'm going to college now, and they offer an EMS club that I've been thinking about joining. I emailed the head of the club asking what I'd do and he said:

Currently we are running EMS shifts Friday and Saturday night from 5pm until 3am. While we are on shift we respond to all medical emergencies on campus. As a member of the club we will assist you in getting your EMT or First Responder Certification.

It seems like a pretty good deal to me, and would be a fun thing to do in college on the side. Hopefully I can become a vol. EMT and have my own POV lol

dynastar666

May 20, 2010
Burlington, VT
tomx20 said:
In VT, What did you have to do to be a vol. emt (I'm assuming that's what he is). And is it a paid position, if you don't mind my asking. I understand it's volunteer, but I think some places pay...
I'm a firefighter in Shelburne, VT and we are "paid/compensated volunteers" or "paid-on-call" firefighters. We submit W4s and I9 forms, are town employees, and received paychecks based upon hours worked and hours spent doing training, etc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.