2009 Jeep liberty

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Nice! How long did it take you to build the bar? Also, I thought you couldn't use a siren in New York

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
RL1 said:
Nice! How long did it take you to build the bar? Also, I thought you couldn't use a siren in New York

Couple of hours, i sell them... gotten pretty good at it :)

Also, you cant :twisted:

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
if you cannot use a siren,what is the purpose of dual speakers and the ss2000,other wise it looks good besides the use of white wire ties,lol

AshleyFox

May 28, 2010
Orlando, FL
They are probably using the SS2000 as a lighting controller and the dual speakers for the airhorn. Just my thoughts on the issue.

Ashley

TCO said:
if you cannot use a siren,what is the purpose of dual speakers and the ss2000,other wise it looks good besides the use of white wire ties,lol

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh
looks good man, really like that windshield bar.

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
Ok let me go into detail on some things.

First of all, the zip ties are an old photo. They are black now lol. Also, that entire cluster of wires is covered with a wire loom (which i need to make a little neater actually)

The dual siren speakers, i had one originally. Someone wrecked my front end when i was inside home depot one day, and because all that stuff had to be replaced including what the speaker was mounted to, i figured to hell with it and bought a second one for future use. (the ss2000 only puts out enough for 1 speaker, they are both wired though) I had the auto body place professionally mount them, because it was a very very difficult job to mount them the first time when i did it. They locktited it all for me and did a fantastic job. If you are not looking for them you would never know they were there with the grill on.

As far as having the ss2000 goes, i originally bought it to control all the lights in the vehicle and for the air horn. I upgraded from a whelen pa112 and a toggle switch box. I decided to keep the siren turned on though for when i am in the city and i am going to be taking a medic class soon i hope. The only time i would ever use the siren is in an O SHIT emergency such as 9/11 and i do not care what i do, i am getting to work as fast as possible. Its basically a last resort type thing. (i work for EMS for FDNY) Usually I do not even use lights when responding to the firehouse as i live around the corner.

The main reason for all the lights in the car, is as a demo vehicle for myself. Need to advertise my product somehow right?

The car also has an AED and other EMS/fire Gear in the trunk.

O yea, there is also one of my older GEN I bars mounted on the grill guard, its very stealthy but i snipped the wire and i am taking it off. No old lights allowed :cool:

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
not trying to put you down,just basic observations and busting on you,all in all nice job

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
It's a nice set up. I wish I could make lights like you, Pimp, Micro, and the others other there. IMO, if you can have lights, you should be able to have a siren, but like I said, that's just IMO.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
RL1 said:
It's a nice set up. I wish I could make lights like you, Pimp, Micro, and the others other there.
You do know Pimp does not make his lights, he imports them from a manufacturer.. ;) Micro and ELS (afaik) are the only two "mass producing" custom/home made lights.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
nice it lokks gd man i have my strobe pack in the same spot only mines under my center seat in my ram 2500 how many flash patterns does yours have

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
jonny521 said:
nice it lokks gd man i have my strobe pack in the same spot only mines under my center seat in my ram 2500 how many flash patterns does yours have
And this is the day little johnny failed at grammar and punctuation in engrish class. :cool: :p

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
jonny521 said:

no clue, i only use one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.