2010 Chevy Tahoe SSV

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
I've been reluctant to post my POV on here because I don't necessarily like the flame wars when someone decides to show off their installs. I respect and appreciate everyone's opinion on things, however, please understand that this install was in the planning stage for quite a few years before I was able to have the opportunity to finally bring it to fruition. This Tahoe has been my "Holy Grail" or "bucket list" install. It took around 3 weeks to complete due to my work schedule. I didn't take any pics along the way just because I mainly forgot to and I took my time and carefully thought out every step of the process. I took a lot of ideas from eLightbars members' installs of the past on these model Tahoes and I feel that mine turned out well. It definitely moves traffic and gets me to a scene safely, which is the ultimate goal.
Now, on to the details. It is a 2010 Chevy Tahoe SSV that was purchased from a dealer in Chicago, IL. The purchase process was absolutely flawless. I took the Amtrak from Memphis, TN, to Chicago overnight, caught a cab to the dealer, traded paper stuff, and drove it off the lot. The vehicle was solid as a rock when purchased, was mechanically sound, but did have some subtle signs of normal service wear such as minor dents and dings here and there. This vehicle is STILL solid as a rock just as the day I bought it, Anyway, on to the list of blinkies and woo-woo's.

Front:

TOMAR Spider interior lightbar
MicroMan XP 16" bars in the grille
Whelen 4" Fog Lights
Whelen HALOs in the DRL spots
SOS HLF w/ nighttime cutoff enabled

Sides:

Whelen M2s on the pushbumper sides
SOS Recessed Ghosts on the mirrors
SOS Dual Color Intersectors under the mirrors
S-n-M Sliver lights on the running boards
Whelen Vertex on the sides of the Whelen Pillar Outer Edge(s)

Rear:

TOMAR Stinger rear lightbar
Whelen Outer Edge Pillars
Whelen Vertex in the Tail Lights
SOS Ghosts above the LP.

Siren:

Unitrol Omega 90 dual amps controlled by an Omega 3000 switch
4 - FedSig AS124s in the grille
Yes, 400 watts of Unitrol sound!!!

Controller and radio:

Feniex 4200DL
Kenwood TK790 110w VHF radio

Other equipment:

Go Industries pushbumper
Setina Cargo Barrier behind the 2nd row seats
Havis Tahoe Specific console
3- Whelen ULF44s
Kussmaul 4 relay power board

I used 3 ULF44s because I wanted to do different things with my lighting. I have a momentary button for just the front lighting. I have a momentary button programmed with a 20 second timer for intersection warning. The main pattern for the lights is DoubleFlash, but when the Intersection button is acivated, the pattern changes to CometFlash for 20 seconds, then reverts back to DoubleFlash. The lightbars have a mind of their own so I picked the slowest patterns on them that I could find. The rear lightbar is also wired to the 4200 for directional arrow. All of the ULFs are synced and the flash patterns are within the "Sync"able patterns listed for the ULF44. The side white/clear lights function as both warning and then spots/alleys which really comes in handy at times. The dual Unity spotlights are also very nice when I'm trying to spot a mailbox or house address out in BFE, Tennessee. I have the 4200 programmed mainly with the slide switch. I have the sirens wired to their own buttons but are also activated by Position 3 of the slide. The airhorn is also wired into a button on the 4200. Nothing but Red and Amber to the rear, Red and Clear to the sides, with the Clears being cut off when arriving to a scene, All Red to the front with the exception of the HLF. I have the HLF wired into my parking lights to utilize the Nighttime cutoff option so no HLF once it's dark enough to have headlights on.

If I can figure out how to put up a video on here, I will, because I've made one just for this site and post.

Thanks for looking.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Good to see I'm not the only one still.rocking micro man lights

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
They were... Craig went out of business 2 years ago...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.