2010 Ford Escape

fordman

Jan 4, 2011
Illinois
After having this vehicle for a couple of years, I finally took the time to grab pictures and videos for the site.

I am a volunteer EMT and a volunteer firefighter in IL (a courtesy light state). The last I knew (about 3 years ago), our fire district was the largest rural district in IL in terms of the square miles covered. The ambulance and fire districts both have the same geographic boundaries, but I am sure that there are larger ambulance districts.

Most of the calls I have are through EMS. We cover parts of two counties, have a small section of a four-lane highway, and a large section of a two-lane highway. We also have many desolate country roads in our district and towns ranging from 50 to 1000 residents.. Our ambulance service operates out of 3 stations; my response to these stations can be anywhere from 9 to 20 miles. Very rarely do I respond to the station, as there is almost always another EMT who is closer and who can pick up an ambulance. 20+ minutes to respond to the scene are not unheard of by any means. Many calls happen in the area of the district in which I live and, consequently, I can be on scene for 10-15 minutes before the ambulance and (if applicable) fire dept arrive.

That being said, my setup is as follows:

Front:

SNM D12 [B/B]

SOS HLF

Sides:

SNM E3 on Intersection Bracket

Feniex Cobra T6 Behind B Pillar

Rear:

Microman XPF 28"

Set to Flash:

XXX xxx

xxx XXX

Interior:

Havis Vehicle Specific Console with:

• Uniden BCT15XCoupled with a Larsen NMO 150/450/800 antenna reluctantly mounted on a fender bracket due to height restrictions of my garage
[*]Uniden Bearcat Speaker
[*]Federal Signal SW300 Switchbox
[*]Streamlight Stinger Charger
[*](Soon) Cobra CB Radio
[*](Soon) Charger for Motorola Radio
Fire Dept Turnout Gear

BLS EMT Bag

Videos:

**WARNING: These videos played fine on my computer with my speakers and YouTube turned completely up, but they were extremely loud on another computer with much lower volume settings. Be prepared for anything! :) **

View attachment 146503

rcfd34

Oct 24, 2011
Illinois
Surprised they let you use the headlight flasher most cops around me frown on them greatly and i live in northern illinois ive also been told that vol can not run them

fordman

Jan 4, 2011
Illinois
I haven't had any problems. They are allowed under 625 ILCS 5/12-215 (c-1). I specifically checked before buying and installing it. Haha

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
I believe you have to have blue grille lights to have an HLF legally.  I would say add a pair of blue T3s in the grille and call it a day.  Nice install and simple set up.  I like how slow your HLF is.

Dan

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks good, however, I personally prefer the faster wigwag flash pattern.

I would love to see a pair of T6 grill lights (flashing together) or an exterior microman bar lightstick (mounted behind the grill)

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I like this setup, nice and simple yet effective. I think a set of grill lights would really set it off though. 

fordman

Jan 4, 2011
Illinois
Like you guys, I too want a set of grille lights. However, the biggest issue in this grille is mounting them. I'm not sure how I'd do it.

Anything mounted behind the grille would suffer from extreme light output reduction. I have considered a grille guard for both emergency lights and off road lights and will definitely be saving for one.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
Does your grille have plastic in the black area? Every grille light I've installed I used a long bolt with a large washer on the other side. Run the bolt through the light and grille, put the washer on the inside of the grille (engine side) and put a locking nut behind the washer. Trim any extra bolt you have, you can even paint the washer black to make it blend in better.

fordman

Jan 4, 2011
Illinois
The Escape grille is one of the least install-friendly grilles I have worked on as far as mounting of lights go. Just one more reason to look into the grille guard.

As for the slow patterns, I certainly wanted them to be effective and not simply "cool looking". Haha

fordman

Jan 4, 2011
Illinois
You did! I was heading westbound and saw two vehicles stopped with damage on the one and was thinking two-vehicle MVA. Just stopped until they at least had someone there. Haha

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.