2010 Ford Explorer

shanemiller81

Jul 17, 2010
Alaska
2010 Ford Explorer w/ Code 3 RX2700 lightbar, whelen strobes, golight stryker, panasonic arbitrator/toughbook 19,

DSC03871.JPG[/attachment:3197iktk]

DSC03872.JPG[/attachment:3197iktk]

DSC03873.JPG[/attachment:3197iktk]

DSC03877.JPG[/attachment:3197iktk]

DSC03871.JPG

DSC03872.JPG

DSC03873.JPG

DSC03877.JPG

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
I thought my town was small............ That's some pretty fancy equipment for such a rural dept (I'm not disin you) Who did the install?

shanemiller81

Jul 17, 2010
Alaska
The install was done in dept. and some was done in Anchorage by a company called Alaska Safety, the ipod input was in the OEM console, we just drilled a hole in the havis console and glued it from the bottom....the cost for shipping it is about $500, the car is driven from Anchorage (where the car was bought and had the equipment installed) to Homer, Alaska....where it gets on a vehicle/passenger ferry...the radio has not been installed and unfortunately we will be ripping out the back to put in a K-9 cage. Ill put those pics on when I get back from K-9 school.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Nice...I assume the whelen strobes are in the tail lights? I would hope so...it must be tough seeing that lightbar from behind the vehicle, expecially when the trunk door is open...

Question: Is the stryker spot light enough? My only experience in Alaska is the trip that i took about a year ago, but I would think you would have more aux lights on your vehicle for night time stops..

shanemiller81

Jul 17, 2010
Alaska
Yeah the ford explorers are nice trucks..... the whelen strobes are in the headlights and taillights, yeah the go light is the only "extra" lighting option on the vehicle

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
nice setup. only thing i'd like to see is some intersection lighting on the side of the pushbar and a pair of LEDs aroung the license plate to the rear (i like sound-off ghosts and whelen 500 series or linz6 for these 2 applications, but i'm guessing that something like code3 prizms would be how your dept would go, if it ever did make additions, since u guys seem to like C3)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.