2010 Silverado Liberty

Blask3

Jul 2, 2012
Ansonia, CT
I just acquired a Whelen liberty bar and I am going to be installing it on my 2010 Silverado crew cab. Does anyone have any tips for running the wires so I dont have to drill into the roof? I am planning on putting the brain of my controller under the rear seat. Thanks.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I just acquired a Whelen liberty bar and I am going to be installing it on my 2010 Silverado crew cab. Does anyone have any tips for running the wires so I dont have to drill into the roof? I am planning on putting the brain of my controller under the rear seat. Thanks.

Run the cables between the cab and the bed of the truck.

There should be a vent in the back of the car that you can feed them through to the brain of your controller.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I usually run wires between the cab and bed, then through a weather sealed grommet in the floor for the control cable, and run the power cable under the truck, directly to a solenoid, or directly to the battery, dependant on the customers requests and specfications.

Blask3

Jul 2, 2012
Ansonia, CT
If I run the wires between the cab and bed like you suggest is there a way to secure the wires on the roof. I would like to keep them away from the rear window if possible. I had thought about running them down the B pillar and into the boot that is between the cab and the rear door. Is this a possible option?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.