2010 Subaru Legacy GT Ideas

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
My dad is looking for some lighting ideas for his 2010 Subaru Legacy GT. The lighting requirements are red or red and white and he can have a siren. Since this is a leased vehicle, body modifications need to be slim to none. I should also add that it will be used for response to the station.

I was thinking a Slimlighter behind the rear view mirror, some TIR3s on a rear LP bracket, and some on a 1075 intersection bracket. Maybe some grill lights of some sort. Any other thoughts?

[Broken External Image]:http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/Uberlegacy/2010Legacy2copy.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.autofans.us/images/Subaru/2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT 6.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
07GD SFD said:
My dad is looking for some lighting ideas for his 2010 Subaru Legacy GT. The lighting requirements are red or red and white and he can have a siren. Since this is a leased vehicle, body modifications need to be slim to none. I should also add that it will be used for response to the station.

I was thinking a Slimlighter behind the rear view mirror, some TIR3s on a rear LP bracket, and some on a 1075 intersection bracket. Maybe some grill lights of some sort. Any other thoughts?

sounds good. for the rear LP bracket tho, i'd personally go with lin3's or linz6's to get some off-axis. for the grill, u could mount something like a pair of linz6's, SOS led3 minis, etc. by "sandwich-mounting" them to the grill (put a small piece of aluminum or whatever u have available behind the grill to mount the grill lights w/o drilling on the vehicle itself). i'd prefer the dual avenger/talon over the slimlighter up front, but either is fine.

also, don't know what part of the state he's in (i.e. rural or urban), but if ur dad drives thru areas that can get pretty busy, maybe have him throw a dual avenger on the rear deck w/ suction cups and call it a day. ;)

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Front:

(1) Soundoff Ultralite 4 Windshield Light

(2) Tomar Rect 14's in the grill

(1) Multi Pattern Headlight Flasher

Sides:

(2) Tomar Rect 14's ( 1 per side mounted to the headliner forward portion of the rear passenger windows)

Rear:

(4) Tomar Rect 14's synced to x pattern ( 2 on a no holes license plate bracket/ 2 on outter rear deck or headliner)

You could replace the Ultralite 4 with an Ultralite 8 for mor warning power. Also, You could install the new Soundoff Intersectors under the side mirrors for side and intersection coverage. The holes under the mirrors would not even be noticed at lease turn in...

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Most of his responses will be through a 3-way intersection that can get very busy during certain times of the year (we're a big tourist town so major holidays and foliage are busy).

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
That would be pretty cool but unfortunately his doesn't have the mirrors with the directionals in them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.