2011 Charger Pursuit

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I have just recently signed back onto ELB, so I'm not sure if anyone has already posted this, so sorry in advance if it has been posted.

Chrysler just added the new Charger Pursuit catalog to the fleet website.

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/v7fleet/ ... inder2.pdf

Orders can be entered starting Nov. 1 and Job 1 date is January 10th.

I was trying to decide between the new Charger or the Ford Interceptor Utility, but the Ford won't be available till 2012! So Charger it is.

cory y

May 21, 2010
so im wondering how the rear lights are going to flash... since they are LED now, is it going to be the same simple single flash or are we going to get some more exotic patterns or changeable patterns? I know that many people want faster HLF but the flash rate is unchangeable

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
LEDs should make the flash patterns a lot easier to change.

Are you not interested in the Caprice at all? I think Ford is going to drop to about a 20% market share, and Chevy is going to regain the largest portion of the market once again.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Chevy has instituted a no civilian purchase policy for the caprice. if vehicles are damaged in shipping to dealer the vehicle is to be returned to chevrolet to be fixed and resold as new, or crushed. any dealer discovered to be selling caprices to ANYBODY other than Government agencies will lose ALL Police Vehicle Privledges.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
It looks like the siren is mounted in the trunk of the Charger Pursuit model. Are the lights and siren controlled from the computer touch screen?

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I actually wanted to get a Caprice but as Cory said it isn't available to anyone other than police right now. The irony is that GM is also offering a detective/low profile version supposedly to be used for undercover. Of course since civilians can't purchase them, anyone in one would have to be a cop! :roll:

As for the LED Taillights on the new Charger, it should be interesting. Even if the factory pattern sucks, an external flasher could be added I'm sure.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
SafetyLighting said:
I actually wanted to get a Caprice but as Cory said it isn't available to anyone other than police right now. The irony is that GM is also offering a detective/low profile version supposedly to be used for undercover. Of course since civilians can't purchase them, anyone in one would have to be a cop! :roll:

Just wait until they hit auctions.

I wouldnt purchase a Caprice simply due to the floor shifter. Besides, I am Ford man anyhow.

cory y

May 21, 2010
FireEMSPolice said:
I wouldnt purchase a Caprice simply due to the floor shifter. Besides, I am Ford man anyhow.

Im so tired of hearing that excuse... thats all it is is an excuse.

lets be creative and adapt! its not that hard or difficult to do.

the Shifter is mounted as far to the left as possible, the dimentions around the shifter is like this...

7inch wide, 10 inch long to the right of the shifter and 10 inch wide x 20inch wide aft of the shifter.

you can easily make that work.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
cory y said:
Chevy has instituted a no civilian purchase policy for the caprice. if vehicles are damaged in shipping to dealer the vehicle is to be returned to chevrolet to be fixed and resold as new, or crushed. any dealer discovered to be selling caprices to ANYBODY other than Government agencies will lose ALL Police Vehicle Privledges.

:roll: What a shitty policy. Whats the big deal?

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
FireEMSPolice said:
Just wait until they hit auctions.

x2 I think that Chevy will be changing that after they find out how many people hate those stupid floor shifters and don't buy their car because of it.

And the rear end on that new Dodge..... :lol: :roll:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
It has only been in the past 15 years that the ability for anyone being able to but a new ppv has been common. Mostly due to ppvs not being anything special over what was sold normally. For Chevy, the caprice is the fastest sedan on the line, and with gm, you have to go to Cadillac cts v to get the power. I read that a new rwd platform is approved for Chevy. Ford is supposed to institute a similar sales policy. It is actually an existing policy, but as long as gov fleet prices are not given, no interest has been raised. I see Chevy taking the market, followed by Ford, and then dodge. I think most larger departments are over the charger and its reliability issues.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
All it's going to do is make the few lucky ones who sneak around the policy able to make some nice money flipping the car right away. I'm going to do my very best to get my hands on one and make it an SS model

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
I want a Caprice bad. I'm hoping that between being a cop, and being on a first name basis with my Chevy salesman (family has bought 7 cars from him in just over 2 years), I'll be able to swing it.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
The Holden (Caprice) will crash and burn just as the GTO did. The Aussie offerings are too expensive.

Dodge will maintain it's hold I think.

What's up with the "interface module"? Is the computer included or what?

cory y

May 21, 2010
The msrp on the caprice is positioned between the impala and the tahoe.. the caprice is bigger, faster, and purpose built.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
HPD84 said:
the new charger looks aggressive and mean,but i dont know about the rear (looks like the current Challenger) :oops:

It's also very heavy, which is what made the new "caprice" faster this year at the MSP tests. Way to go, Chrysler...stupid gimmick looks sacrifice real performance. What a GM move... :evil:

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
911 said:
i was already told by a dealership, that its not a problem if you have law enforcement id !!!

No offense, but I don't believe that. I tried buying a Charger from my local Dodge dealer back in '07. They told me the agency would have to buy the car and I'd have to buy it from them. They would not sell to me with my department ID or not, they didn't care.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
kadetklapp said:
No offense, but I don't believe that. I tried buying a Charger from my local Dodge dealer back in '07. They told me the agency would have to buy the car and I'd have to buy it from them. They would not sell to me with my department ID or not, they didn't care.

It might vary from dealer to dealer.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
ISU_Cyclone said:
It might vary from dealer to dealer.

That is the way it used to be. Agency purchase only. I'm glad they are trying to enforce that again.

About the tlf on the 2011, I was told it might not be available due to the led taillights and liability concerns.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
kadetklapp said:

Which is kinda strange, since decommissionned Chargers are already on the used-car market, some of them looking very new.38392709.jpg[/attachment:2k3uhi9w]

38392709.jpg

37782012.jpg

Stendec

May 21, 2010
It's a matter of having access to the right purchasing paperwork and what the assembly line is tooled up for. Most of the Big 3 used to say that police packages were LE only, but if your dealer would write the invoice with the right options selected you could essentially order a police package without it being listed as a police package. But I understand that that has become much more difficult because of automated ordering and assembly runs. The good stuff leaks out anyway, the Impala SS, Mercury Marauder and Dodge SRT package being prime examples.

Demand is the other issue. In a lot of geographic areas trying to get police packages is tougher than others. Dealers don't want to lose agency or contract sales by selling off what may be a hard car for them to come up with to an individual.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
cory y said:
Im so tired of hearing that excuse... thats all it is is an excuse.

lets be creative and adapt! its not that hard or difficult to do.

the Shifter is mounted as far to the left as possible, the dimentions around the shifter is like this...

7inch wide, 10 inch long to the right of the shifter and 10 inch wide x 20inch wide aft of the shifter.

you can easily make that work.

Im with Cory on this, just F-ING deal with it! Dooly county drove 96 impala ss's with floor shifters and i bet those suckers weren't whining like little babies! Oh and the FHP drove Marauders with floor shifters, and our city has Supercharged Marauders (unmarked for speed enforcement) with floor shifters and i bet they aren't crying over it.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Yes sooo valuable.... nobody, NOBODY uses every single square inch of a console. You can sacrifice a 3inch by 7inch space.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Ok maybe not nobody. But I still say that there is more than enough room for everything. Console builders will make very effective use of everysingle inch of space available.

But that being said, don't be so hardheaded and refuse to adapt. Its stupid to completely disavow an entire vehicle cause you THINK something MIGHT take a little thought or creativity.

Check out the latest police fleet manager magazine and see for yourself the size of the shifter and all of the space that's available.

If I remember correctly people were bitching moaning and groaning when the charger first came out because of the size of the center tunnel and how high it sat. Now look... people have adapted

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
I dont know that many agencies that order 9C3's. They usually order 9C1's without spotlights, etc so it looks like a retail Impala.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
ISU_Cyclone said:
Chevy took orders of the Caprice 9C3 starting on October 4th. Anybody take delivery of one or know a department who has ordered one?

Newton Pd in kansas ordered one, not sure when they get it delivered though! I had a buddy that said he saw one up there last time he drove through but i don't believe it since they haven't delivered any to my knowledge. I think delivery starts in April of 2011!

http://www.newtonkansas.com/index.aspx?page=48

No pics up yet though!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.