2011 Chevy Silverado Crew (Updated pics 6/24)

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
As I posted before in my old install I am in the process of changing vehicles. Old with the old and in with the new. No lights installed yet but I have a partial planned list to start off. Hoping to get started next week after it comes back from some minor body work.
Also posted a pic of the old and new truck.

Front -
*M7 in grill ®
*Strobes in the headlights and fog lights powered by a Whelen strobe pack
*headlight flasher
* Windshield mount opticom
*Dual speakers
*Still looking to install lights in the visor area but haven't decided what.

Installed a Apollo visor bar in red/white

Side-
*Feniex Apollo (R/W) on a intersection bracket
*(2) Feniex Cobra ® mounted in the rocker panel area

Rear-
Feniex Cobra 800 w/ TA (R/A)
Feniex Cannon (R/W) replace factory backup bulbs

Interior-
*Tait remote head P25 radio
*Federal Signal SS2000SM
*Second siren TBD

Non warning items to be added
*(2) Feniex 100 white supplemental backup lights mounted under rear bumper
*Changing wheels to the 2014 style Silverado
*Tri-fold bed cover
*Chrome running board/steps
*Rain guard window vents
*Window tinting

New truck prior to any work being done

11 Silverado.JPG

Apollo visor bar added

11 Silverado front corner.JPG

New wheels, tires, rain guards, and chrome steps added.

11 Silverado side.JPG

Tri fold bed cover added

11 Silverado rear corner.JPG

07 Silverado.JPG
and the old one

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7d9_z28
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Your setup sounds pretty good. My only changes would be to avoid adding any lights to your headlights, whether it be strobes or LEDs. Whenever you have your low beam headlights on, that will drown out whatever warning light you have in there and just be a waste IMO. Headlight flashers are all that needs to be done when it comes to headlights. You can get away with having lights in your fogs, I personally would rather see a pair of cannons in your fog housings rather than strobes but that's just me. I'd like to see a video once you get it all installed.

For a visor light, look into the Feniex Pegasus. I've had mine for almost 2 years or more now and it is purely amazing.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Sounds like a solid plan! Nice looking Chevy too!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
As I posted before in my old install I am in the process of changing vehicles. Old with the old and in with the new. No lights installed yet but I have a partial planned list to start off. Hoping to get started next week after it comes back from some minor body work.

Also posted a pic of the old and new truck.

Front -

*M7 in grill ®

*Strobes in the headlights and fog lights powered by a Whelen strobe pack

*headlight flasher

* Windshield mount opticom

*Dual speakers

*Still looking to install lights in the visor area but haven't decided what.

Side-

*Feniex Apollo (R/W) on a intersection bracket

*(2) Feniex Cobra ® mounted in the rocker panel area

Rear-

Feniex Cobra 800 w/ TA (R/A)

Feniex Cannon (R/W) replace factory backup bulbs

Interior-

*Tait remote head P25 radio

*Federal Signal SS2000SM

*Second siren TBD

Non warning items to be added

*(2) Feniex 100 white supplemental backup lights mounted under rear bumper

*Changing wheels to the 2014 style Silverado

*Tri-fold bed cover

*Chrome running board/steps

*Rain guard window vents

*Window tinting

11 Silverado.JPG

New truck

07 Silverado.JPG

and the old one
Sounds like a good setup, but I would change the running board lights to a linear lighthead (ie red Apollos, impaxx 6, or nforces) and stick to solid color Apollo for the intersection warning.

As for the ILB, I think the Fedsig spectralux is the best ILB on the market right now.

I honestly don't think a 2nd siren is necessary on a POV when you have a smart siren pushing 200 watts (combined).

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
If the strobes are going in the high beams, and you have them on a triple or quad flash in an X pattern with the fog strobes, I will literally find a way to mail you a high five B)

Plans sound pretty good, nice truck too! Cant wait to see it with the '14 wheels...

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Your setup sounds pretty good. My only changes would be to avoid adding any lights to your headlights, whether it be strobes or LEDs. Whenever you have your low beam headlights on, that will drown out whatever warning light you have in there and just be a waste IMO. Headlight flashers are all that needs to be done when it comes to headlights. You can get away with having lights in your fogs, I personally would rather see a pair of cannons in your fog housings rather than strobes but that's just me. I'd like to see a video once you get it all installed.

For a visor light, look into the Feniex Pegasus. I've had mine for almost 2 years or more now and it is purely amazing.
Actually had them in my old truck and loved it. Like the pop of the strobe. I would like to get a Pegasus just want to see if I can get a used one.

Sounds like a solid plan! Nice looking Chevy too!
Thanks Tom

Sounds like a good setup, but I would change the running board lights to a linear lighthead (ie red Apollos, impaxx 6, or nforces) and stick to solid color Apollo for the intersection warning.

As for the ILB, I think the Fedsig spectralux is the best ILB on the market right now.

I honestly don't think a 2nd siren is necessary on a POV when you have a smart siren pushing 200 watts (combined).
 I actually have 4 of the T6s already but I want to see how the Apollo fit there as well. I will likely use the Apollo on the intersection bracket as a solid red and have the white wired separate to be used as needed. I was running dual sirens on my old truck and loved it. Seemed like it grabbed attention vs single tone.

If the strobes are going in the high beams, and you have them on a triple or quad flash in an X pattern with the fog strobes, I will literally find a way to mail you a high five B)

Plans sound pretty good, nice truck too! Cant wait to see it with the '14 wheels...
 Well you might not have to mail a high five lol. I actually am re using the headlights from my old truck and already have the strobes in the low beams unfortunately. I will be using a X pattern though.

Thanks for all the replies. Most of the items listed are being reused from my old truck so I will see how it works out and take into consideration the ideas given. I also have 3 ULF44s to play with. See how they fit in. That's what I love about this board. Great way to get lots of ideas.

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Split coloring the Apollo will IMO effectively give you insufficient red light intensity for intersection warning while also not having enough white to do much with at night.

Obviously your call but I'd use a tir style light (Cobra or Titan) for the white light needs and keep the Apollo fully populated with red LEDs for good intersection warning. Otherwise your plan sounds pretty solid.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Split coloring the Apollo will IMO effectively give you insufficient red light intensity for intersection warning while also not having enough white to do much with at night.

Obviously your call but I'd use a tir style light (Cobra or Titan) for the white light needs and keep the Apollo fully populated with red LEDs for good intersection warning. Otherwise your plan sounds pretty solid.
 Thanks for the advice. Since I already had the Apollo from my previous truck I am going to try it. I do have 2 T6s for each side as well for some extra side warning.

Post updated with mostly non warning items. I did get the Apollo bar installed but the rest will have to wait till after vacation starting tomorrow. Slow process but I want to take my time and do it right. That and the fact that work is extremely busy right now.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Well time flew by and I never updated the post. I am in the process of getting rid of the old and getting a replacement set up. I never took any video with my strobes installed but here is a video of one of the set ups I had with it.

And a picture of the new to me truck waiting for the install. I will be starting a new post for updates on the new truck.

Attachments

• IMG_4084.JPG
    IMG_4084.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4085.JPG
    IMG_4085.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5925.JPG
    IMG_5925.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 16

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.