2011 Dodge Durango Citadel ***Updated - 06/5/17 ***

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Slight update...  

I got the 36" bar built up last night.  Cleaned it up, put the clear tops on it, put it on the Durango, wired it into my 4200 brain, and re-programmed the 4200 head.  Now she's ready to rock!!!  I have a couple vids of it on the Durango, but i ran out of time before work, so I'll get them uploaded in the morning when I get home...  

Durango 36 01.jpg

Durango 36 02.jpg

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
ooooo lala I like it!!

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Here are the videos I took yesterday afternoon...  The first video is regular HD @ 60 FPS...  The second us Ultra HD (took all day to upload via my WiFi at the house...  lol)

These are the first vids I've taken with my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S6), looks to be a great camera on this phone...  lol

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Required me to sign in to YT to watch video one, and froze my computer trying to watch the second one in ultra HD.

Reactions: tsquale
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Not sure why, they are both public...  lol  And now I see why you left chat...  lol 

The Ultra HD is OK, but it doesn't capture flashes as good as the regular HD @ 60 FPS, so I'll stick with that...  

The flash pattern on the TD/WL still doesn't get captured properly either...  But it all goes well I'll probably have a new lightbar fairly soon and the TD/WL may be removed...  lol

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Well I got to run an MVA last night with the custom mini bar (didn't even run the Pegasus)...  Sadly, I got another "talking to" (from the same trooper as the last time) about my lights...  I thought he was talking about me not having a lightbar and running an interior bar the last time, apparently he wasn't...  lol  He said I have too many lights, specifically talking about my grill lights...  I honestly think it was because they are so damn bright (especially at night when we were on the call)  So I may take some of them out in the future, or move the bottom ones up next to the top ones and run them as 2 BIG grill lights...  lol  

Anyway, I have a slight update coming in the (hopefully) near future...  Thanks to Travis (Storm 4200) for the hookup...  

Valor 01.jpg

Valor 02.jpg

Valor 03.jpg

Valor 04.jpg

Specs:

- Federal Signal 51" Valor Dual Color Lightbar

- Front is all Blue warning w/ White Flood/Take Downs

- Sides are Blue warning w/ White Alleys

- Rear is Blue w/ 1 Red and 1 Amber warning and Amber SignalMaster in the center 8 heads

And of course I mocked it up...  I may have to do some modifying on the mount feet to get the bar to sit where I want it, but I'm not sure yet...  Just need to get some straps (and remove my roof rack side rails) and I should be able to get it mounted...  

Valor 05.jpg

Valor 06.jpg

Valor 07.jpg

Valor 08.jpg

This bar looks right at home up on the Durango...  As it sits in the pics, the "peak" of the Valor is about 1/2 way over my sunroof, but the sunroof still vents with plenty of clearance...  I may move it back and I may not, not exactly sure yet...  

And of course I took a quick vid...  

Tonight at work I'll be playing with modes, flash patterns and settings...  Then I'll be tearing it down (Yes opening up a brand new lightbar) and sending the outer light assemblies out to Wilson for some conversion work...  Not sure if I'm just going to change the rear red module to Amber, or change both the rear red and rear amber to blue.  (Because we all know how decisive I am with my lighting...  lol

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Im glad i could be of service. The Valor looks outstanding on that Durango. I dont think you should move it back at all. Its perfect. Its sits there like its supposed to.

Since i added the Valor, i find myself rarely using much, if any of my perimeter lights. It just becomes too much. Make sure u hook up the DIM wire on that bar and everyone on scene will thank you.

Its a shame you're not permitted to run the red/amber in the rear like that. I like it.

As for the grill, maybe just omit a "pair" of them.

For the rear, omit the rear stick, do a set of HAWs and call it a day.

-roof mounted 360° lightbar

-front lower

-rear lower

-side warning

That's a perfectly lit vehicle. All highy quality lights in all the right places. It has all of your zones covered, without being overkill. Well done. The Valor is the icing on the cake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Considering the trooper's bar cant hold a candle to the Valor, i cant wait till he sees Boulder on the next one.
all PSP's rock the duo Libby with sxtd takedowns, while not as good, they are darn impressive. I will say I was surprised PSP didnt opt for the Valors or Vision SLR considering the long run the Vector had with them. Im sure $ was a huge factor there.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Ok, now I want a valor for the hoe.... Sadly I will have to wait 5 years to pick on up probably 4th hand. As I have a whole lot of other things I have to invest in. But when comes to buying a lightbar new I would still rather have the visionSLR, which will also not happen for a very long time.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks great up there. Don't you have the grill lights wired with a ULF44? Why not wire up the low power option for when on scene. Or set it up so they can be turned off with a button on the 4200?

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Sadly once the trooper has his eyes on you he prolly won't quit. Since the PA laws are so clear and all. Cough cough [emoji16]

So put the Valor on go for it. See how many rotators does PA allow though? [emoji106]

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Im glad i could be of service. The Valor looks outstanding on that Durango. I dont think you should move it back at all. Its perfect. Its sits there like its supposed to.

Since i added the Valor, i find myself rarely using much, if any of my perimeter lights. It just becomes too much. Make sure u hook up the DIM wire on that bar and everyone on scene will thank you.

Its a shame you're not permitted to run the red/amber in the rear like that. I like it.

As for the grill, maybe just omit a "pair" of them.

For the rear, omit the rear stick, do a set of HAWs and call it a day.

-roof mounted 360° lightbar

-front lower

-rear lower

-side warning

That's a perfectly lit vehicle. All highy quality lights in all the right places. It has all of your zones covered, without being overkill. Well done. The Valor is the icing on the cake.
Yeah, I'm probably gonna re-do the whole set-up once I get the Valor mounted and running...  LoL

Boulder.

Maybe the trooper is just jealous. He doesn't have as nice of a set up as you so he has to say something to make himself feel better.
Well, the first day he "talked" to me he was cranky from work.  It was a quick snow squall day and he was on his 8th no injury MVA of the day when he arrived at our scene...  lol  

Considering the trooper's bar cant hold a candle to the Valor, i cant wait till he sees Boulder on the next one.
HAHA, true...  Although their DUO Libbys are sweet...

Valor looks AWESOME up there.
Thanks T!!!

all PSP's rock the duo Libby with sxtd takedowns, while not as good, they are darn impressive. I will say I was surprised PSP didnt opt for the Valors or Vision SLR considering the long run the Vector had with them. Im sure $ was a huge factor there.
Indeed...  I was VERY surprised when they started getting new cars with Libierys and converting their older fleet over from the Vectors...  I would have though they would have gone with Solaris Vectors and eventually SLRs and Valors..  

Ok, now I want a valor for the hoe.... Sadly I will have to wait 5 years to pick on up probably 4th hand. As I have a whole lot of other things I have to invest in. But when comes to buying a lightbar new I would still rather have the visionSLR, which will also not happen for a very long time.
Indeed... This was the same for me when Dave send me a teaser pic of the Valor on his Jeep...  lol  And then both Dave and Travis harassing me to get it...  lol

Looks great up there. Don't you have the grill lights wired with a ULF44? Why not wire up the low power option for when on scene. Or set it up so they can be turned off with a button on the 4200?
I do, and that is a valid option, but I may be re-vamping my entire set-up soon...  And since the Trooper said something about my dash light, I have to find a way to move it ans still keep it...  I LOVE my steady burn light!!!

Sadly once the trooper has his eyes on you he prolly won't quit. Since the PA laws are so clear and all. Cough cough [emoji16]

So put the Valor on go for it. See how many rotators does PA allow though? [emoji106]
Oh I know... lol  A VERY Antiquated law that was written by PENNDot how many years ago...  It need to be re-done to reflect on current technology...  I'm fine for Keeping the basic "1 lightbar and 1 other light source" but still keeping the terms of "revolving light" in the law is laughable...  

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
I completely missed the dash light without it being on. With the Valor, dash light, and grill that is the perfect set up. I think the trooper is just jealous. Lol. Have to have your layers!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Indeed...  I might reduce it to just 2 grill lights, but I'm not sure yet...  LoL  And I can't believe he was giving me grief with about the smallest light I have on my Durango, and it doesn't even flash...  lol

Reactions: FusionWolf
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Indeed...  

I found some various mount straps yesterday...  Gonna see if any will work between the Valor and Durango.  Maybe get it mounted and loosely wired up...  lol

Reactions: Storm4200
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
So, this happened today...  

20150530_183819.jpg

20150530_183829.jpg

20150530_183851.jpg

20150530_183930.jpg

20150530_183941.jpg

The random straps I had found buried in my menagerie of stuff happen to work PERFECT on my Durango...  All I did was put a little foam tape on the inside of the straps to save my paint.  This beast is SOLID as a rock, or Boulder, if you will  (see what I did there...? LoL)  I got it programmed the way I want and got it all wired into my 4200 (I actually have EVERY button used now plus all 3 pursuit switch positions)  For right now, I'm going to run the integrated SignalMaster externally off of the 4200 T/A outputs, but I may swap it to the Internal SignalMaster control in the future...  

Sadly I don't have a video, since after I programmed it (and before I mounted it) I removed the outer ROC Boards so I can send the to Wilson and get the single red and single amber in the rear converted to blue.  So the only thins on the bar working are the 2 sides of the "peak" of the bar...  lol  Hopefully by next weekend I'll have the boards back from Wilson and re-installed...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
forum had a brain fart

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Jarred officially hit the point where he must turn every thread on ELB into a random thread.

rettoded

Aug 12, 2011
Berks County,PA
Indeed...  I was VERY surprised when they started getting new cars with Libierys and converting their older fleet over from the Vectors...  I would have though they would have gone with Solaris Vectors and eventually SLRs and Valors.. 
I too was surprised at the switch over to Liberty's, but I love how they have them set up with very unique flash patterns. I did see a Solaris Vector on a PSP car ONCE back around 2004 or 2005, but that was it.

While I was at PEMA's (Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency) eastern office the other day, I did see two of their vehicles with Valors mounted on them, An F350 and a Tahoe. I was only able to photograph the F350, as I didn't see the Tahoe until I was already on the road.

20150528_0941461.jpg

20150528_0941561.jpg

...Hell, I might just run ONLY the Valor once I get it mounted...  lol
...I might reduce it to just 2 grill lights, but I'm not sure yet...
With a valor, you really dont need much else
That's the debate I am in right now, lol, though I only have a Legend. I do have grill lights to mount, but haven't had the time to add them. Given how  the Legend does an awesome job of clearing traffic, I am not sure if I need them (can't believe I just typed that!). I will have to hit Phoniex up sometime and see his valor in person.

And if I am correct in my observations:

Storm4200 got his Valor from emtanderson51.

Storm4200 then got more Valors from emtanderson51, and sold them to TritonBoulder47 and Phoenix_Rising.

Emtanderson51 also sold me my Legend.

I think emtanderson51 is creating some sort of emergency lighting cartel... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.