2011 Ford Explorer Install

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Found this, install looks really clean and has a nice lighting setup. I would have done differently with the Microman lights but still not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Def has lighting in the right locations, but I don't think that the customer's lighting choice was ideal. Only thing I like about the rear is the large blue/red footprint blocks on the microman bar (nice to not have split patterns for once!) but all the other exterior perimeter warning is lacking IMO

Nov 7, 2011
New England
LOVE the sync and patterns both front and rear. I'm very impressed with the mounting for the grill lights and speaker as well. I have not a single complaint about this. awesome

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Very nice install. I love the sync and it has lighting in all the right places, my only complaints are the light choices. I would like to see the LIN3s replaced with Ions and some Whelen PAR fogs added along with a HLF.

Reactions: SVFC462
I'm in the middle of an upfit on a 2013 model. Is there any overheating issues with the siren speaker and grill lights blocking the radiato.

I'll have pictures up as soon as I compleat the install. ELB has ruled about not posting installs untill complet.

SVFC462

Aug 26, 2010
Connecticut
any update on the process?

how did you get the mounts for the LIN3's secured to the inside of the front bumper? Did you have to disassemble the front bumper?

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I just can't wrap my head around why a police department would spend money on a civilian Explorer rather than a PIU.

The install does look relatively clean and streamlined, however. Nice job on the install.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.