2011 Ford F-150 POV

johnwadeg

May 27, 2011
Georgia
Recent install we did this past week on my dads new F-150.

2011 Ford F-150 used for POV response to local VFD and as a Demo Vehicle

Front-

Red D6 in grill

Red D4 underneath grill

R/W Vertex in Fogs

Whelen 100 watt siren

Back-

2 red Vertexs in each brake light

2 red Linz-6 on a license plate bracket

Interior-

Whelen Undercover hand held siren/light controller

Hytera DMR remote head mobile

This is one of our first "professional" install so still working the kinks and getting familiar with everything. Ill get a few more photos of everything uploaded in a day or so.

ai1097.photobucket.com_albums_g360_johnwadeg706_e47d38e3.jpg

ai1097.photobucket.com_albums_g360_johnwadeg706_447e486f.jpg

ai1097.photobucket.com_albums_g360_johnwadeg706_c68f225b.jpg

ai1097.photobucket.com_albums_g360_johnwadeg706_8bc44e51.jpg

ai1097.photobucket.com_albums_g360_johnwadeg706_3eb23424.jpg

ai1097.photobucket.com_albums_g360_johnwadeg706_a79c93ea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Awesome job

johnwadeg

May 27, 2011
Georgia
lafd55 said:
Hytera... Never heard about them. How are they?
Very solid to say the least, we started selling them last year. The DMR mobiles and portables are VERY well built, they are waterproof, shockproof, they can just take a lot of abuse (our VFD has been using them and they have took a good amount of punishment). The remote heads just got shipped out this past week and have been on order for a few months now so we were excited when we got them in.

johnwadeg

May 27, 2011
Georgia
strobecrazy said:
Cool, Do you guys have a website?

No website yet. we do more radio installs (Dean's Commercial Two-Way) then we do outfitting lights. We are just testing the water with installing.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Very nice! My only complaint is the LINz6s on the rear. They need to be mounted horizontally. You'll get much better off axis light output

johnwadeg

May 27, 2011
Georgia
Storm4200 said:
Very nice! My only complaint is the LINz6s on the rear. They need to be mounted horizontally. You'll get much better off axis light output

We didn't have a horizontal LP bracket so had to make do with what we did have, maybe have to see about getting a horizontal bracket instead.

arsenal10

Jun 9, 2010
California
Planning on adding anything a little higher? Most of the lighting is down low and out of eye level. Also, I'd have the dominators on a different plash pattern.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
leave the lower D4 on that night rider pattern, but split flash the top stick

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
johnwadeg said:
We didn't have a horizontal LP bracket so had to make do with what we did have, maybe have to see about getting a horizontal bracket instead.

if its the WHELEN bracket that i have, it well let you do either position

johnwadeg

May 27, 2011
Georgia
In response to changing the dominators to a different pattern, they've been changed already I was just a fan of those patterns. We don't plan on adding anything higher right now but in the future we might get around to it. We hopefully will be outfitting my Tahoe here in the future replacing all the stuff with Whelen.

johnwadeg

May 27, 2011
Georgia
So does the Coke can flash red or white????? hahaha lol :dielaugh: :crackup:

If by Coke can you mean fog lights, then yes they flash red and white split as seen in the video. Ill snap a couple pictures asap and get them to you novaowner65.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
johnwadeg said:
If by Coke can you mean fog lights, then yes they flash red and white split as seen in the video. Ill snap a couple pictures asap and get them to you novaowner65.

I believe he is joking about the Coke Cola can in the first picture.

kkets323

Oct 6, 2011
NY
who is the rep in the us for Hytera....and how do they get programed.. i like that portable. great install tho.

rescate171

May 25, 2010
Caracas - Venezuela
Nyce install...

Hytera is a very important brand of radio communications for police/emergency services (Asia, Europe and Latinamerica)

Do you use this radios in analog or digital voice?

Your model supports DRM (Mototrbo standard)

Here in Venezuela many forces use Hytera, also motorola, icom, kenwood and teltronic (P25, Tetra, Mototrbo, Idas)

johnwadeg

May 27, 2011
Georgia
Rofocowboy84 said:
I really like the look of the mobile....are they FCC type accepted?

EDIT: Just found THIS, Harris' new line of radios. Are they and Hytera partners?

Hytera is making those radios for Harris, Exact same radio as the one pictured, just different names. We Just recently became A dealer for Hytera and are really pushing them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.