2011 Ford Taurus Interceptor!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I have been waiting for a long time to see a marked '11 Taurus (other than the police show one), and just found this on youtube. It looks awesome!! Can't wait to see all the MA staties with them on the road

Last edited by a moderator:

cory y

May 21, 2010
thats not a "NGPI" taurus, just a civi taurus with lights.

the official police package isnt going to be released for another year

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
Station 3 said:
Im not a woman so i dont like that car.

Just my .2 cents

I'm not a woman either, and I'd be happy with a Taurus; I've owned 2 of them in the past. *My* $.02 (2 cents).

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Uh huuummm let me fix that i got a pair of balls so i cant drive that car hahahahahahahahahahahah ;) just messin with ya but nah seriously no i would not drive that little girly car.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I like it. I would have set up the lights differently and would like to see how the console is set up, but I like it.

And yes, I have balls, just am secure in my sexuality.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I am secure with my sexuality but frankly i just would not fit in that small car especially since im already a big guy then we use tactical outer vests by PointBlank and they are mandatory which makes me even bigger. sooooooo yeah hell no i would not get in that car even if i liked that car. I will stick with my Patrol Tahoe. But i will say this i do like the install looks cool :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Support Services said:
Looks like maybe they should have stayed with less lights. Some of those lights look real cheap.

Ahhhhhh snap the roooook does not know whats coming im leaving this thread before i also get hit :) lol

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
Not a bad looking install at all. The lights on the back deck do differ in shade from the uppers, but they're still blue to me. HLF is weak (if that's actually what it is,) and one less LAW in the tail-lights would clean it up some, IMO.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
Station 3 said:
I am secure with my sexuality but frankly i just would not fit in that small car especially since im already a big guy then we use tactical outer vests by PointBlank and they are mandatory which makes me even bigger. sooooooo yeah hell no i would not get in that car even if i liked that car. I will stick with my Patrol Tahoe. But i will say this i do like the install looks cool :)

Have you ever actually seen one in real life? Since when are they small cars?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I think it's just normal halogen headlights with a projector-style lens. (My uncle has a Prius with HID headlights that use a reflector style more typical of halogen headlights, with additional halogen highbeams)

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Pretty cool ride. I had a 1989 Taurus as an unmarked dick car. I liked it. The newer ones are so much nicer, though. My "high tech" light set up consisted of a blue Fireball, wig-wags, and a remoted Federal Interceptor mounted in the trunk. My cell phone was in a hard shell briefcase! It cracks me up when everyone is critical of the warning capacity of a car like the one here. We couldn't have even imagined a set up like this back in the day!

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Rofocowboy84 said:
Have you ever actually seen one in real life? Since when are they small cars?

Well im giving the benifit of the doubt to the crown vic and im pretty much guessing this car is not anywhere close to as big as the crown vic. So if im correct not saying that i am correct but if i am YES i do think it is probly a small car.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
It looks like Ford is discontinuing the CVPI so I guess its a smaller car or a SUV. I think most Departments will go with a smaller car.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
VolEms said:
It looks like Ford is discontinuing the CVPI so I guess its a smaller car or a SUV. I think most Departments will go with a smaller car.

The CVPI has a wheelbase a whopping 1.8 inches longer and 1.3 inches wider than the newer Taurus.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
I would drive a taurus anyday. I've driven a 2002 taurus SEL Sport 24V. That thing performs well in every type of road condition (snow, ice. etc). I actually feel safer and never have had a car drive better in the snow. The 24V also gives it a nice amount of pep (same motor that is in the V6 mustang).

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I guess only time will tell what most pad

PD will use. I'd like to see a carbon car with the tomar lights on the road

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
I love all the assumptions based on what people perceive to see!

______________CVPI____NGPI

Width_________78.3_____76.2

Heigth_________58.3_____61.4

Length_________212.0____202.8

Wheelbase _____114.7___112.9

Headroom______39.5_____39.0

Legroom________41.6_____41.9

Shoulder________60.6_____57.9

Hiproom________57.1______56.3

HP_____________250_____280/365

Engine_________4.8l, V8____3.5l V6/3.5l Ecoboost V6

So, the NGPI is within basically an inch for all the interior dimensions, and has a more powerful engine, is available in AWD, and will get better MPG-but its a "girls" car?@?@!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
IMO, I love the new design of the Taurus, I think it's a 110% improvement. It's so sleek and sporty looking, I definitely think Ford is headed in the right direction.

For the "big guys" out there who don't think they can fit into it, thats fine--that's what they make Expeditions for.

I think it's pretty comparable to the Crown Vics and is going to be a suitable replacement for its purposes.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
tom said:
IMO, I love the new design of the Taurus, I think it's a 110% improvement. It's so sleek and sporty looking, I definitely think Ford is headed in the right direction.

For the "big guys" out there who don't think they can fit into it, thats fine--that's what they make Expeditions for.

I think it's pretty comparable to the Crown Vics and is going to be a suitable replacement for its purposes.

It'll be available in front or all wheel drive, which will both be substantially different in high-speed driving than the rear wheel drive of the CVPI.

TrafficCop

Jun 14, 2010
Fern Creek, KY
Guys, I can tell you straight up. Both the Taurus and the Escape are from dept's located in Louisville KY. I have been in both of these cars. The Taurus is a Sgt's car and has no cage, if it were to have one there would be no way I could get my 6'2 250lbs in there. The Escape is a Hybird, and I was told by the guy who did the install that it was a total B""""h to find space for the equipment.

Jeff

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
TrafficCop said:
Guys, I can tell you straight up. Both the Taurus and the Escape are from dept's located in Louisville KY. I have been in both of these cars. The Taurus is a Sgt's car and has no cage, if it were to have one there would be no way I could get my 6'2 250lbs in there. The Escape is a Hybird, and I was told by the guy who did the install that it was a total B""""h to find space for the equipment.
Jeff

See told you that car sucks i will just stick to my Tahoe thank you very much.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
TrafficCop said:
Jeff

You were in a civilian Taurus though. The police package is designed to have a cage, which I'm sure will provide enough room.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
Station 3 said:
See told you that car sucks i will just stick to my Tahoe thank you very much.

You can't compare a sedan to an SUV! Now, if you were to complain that an Expedition doesn't have enough room for you, so you'd have to stick with your Tahoe, that's one thing. I'm guessing you have a Tahoe to begin with because you couldn't fit into a CVPI or Charger, right?

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
TrafficCop said:
Jeff

Tell your install guy to buy radio consoles that are made for the escape. Our supervisors drive the hybrids, and while I do not care for them at all, all our police gear fits.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.