2012 Charger Rear Lights question

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Has anyone put rear lights on a 2012 Dodge Charger with a spoiler. Windows will be tinted at 20% but I'm not sure where to put the lights. If I put them in the rear deck they will have to be up pretty high. Would Whelen Ion's work on the rear trunk lid and be low enough to go under the spoiler? Any suggestions?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I would say an interior bar on the top, Ions under the spoiler, SOS LAW in the reverse lights, or TIR 3's on the LP instead of the Ions.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
TLF or LED HAW's + Linz6 on LP bracket. You could mount interior high, but it'll cause people in back seat to have low head clearance. The ions mounted on the underside of the spoiler sounds interesting...

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i wouldn't bother with the ions/ghosts on the rear deck, b/c they will likely be blocked by the spoiler at one angle or another (i.e. they may be visible head-on, but they may be blocked off-axis). thus, i'd recommend an ultralite or slimlighters on the rear headliner, TLF, and linz6 on a LP bracket

Nov 7, 2011
New England
hoisy71 said:
I would mount them right to the spoiler

+1 that would definitely be the best mounting solution for ions IMO.

RL1
I would say an interior bar on the top, Ions under the spoiler, SOS LAW in the reverse lights, or TIR 3's on the LP instead of the Ions.

the concept of an interior bar on the top is good.. but this is a charger. rear visibility already sucks, why make it worse? Love the car, but its kinda the nature of the beast on this one. I would maybe mount something light (a couple vipers or ions or something of the sort) in the top rear headliner. then you have that contrast between wide-spanning upper level lighting and mid-level lighting with the spoiler-mounted ions.

i'd recommend an ultralite

actually not a bad idea if you wanted to go that route. the ultralite does have brackets that can raise it up to be standing above where the spoiler is. it may still obstruct the light output when viewed at certain angles though

:twocents:

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Thanks guys, I have two Whelen sync avengers that I could mount up high. I think when it comes to lights the spoiler with be a pain in the ass but day to day it looks better on there.

StewartComm

May 23, 2010
Jerusalem, Ohio
I have the same charger it sounds like. I was going to put an E66 bar in the back glass, however, I have a spoiler and at the top of the glass, there are a bunch of lines for the defroster that would almost prevent the light from shining through. Here is my plan...

(1) Rear TLF...that wig-wag the right and left brake lights.

(2) License Plate bracket with LED lights of your choice

(3) HAW Leds in the Reverse Lights.

That in itself should be sufficient for the rear.

On my charger, I am planning on installing the following:

(1) Split interior pinnacle lightbar R/R/W/R and R/W/R/R

(2) Headlight flasher

(3) 2 medium size grill lights, possible M4 by whelen.

(4) 2 Whelen 4" Round Extended Lens Super-LED Lightheads

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.