2012 Chevy Caprice - Hamilton County Sheriffs Office - Hamilton County, Ohio

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
HCSO purchased (11) Chevy Caprice's in their last order along with (9) Ford Taurus's.

Most equipment was re-installed from previous vehicles.

Vehicles came with: Spotlight, Headlight/Tail-light/Reverse light flashers.

Installed equipment: Whelen Liberty Bar, Radar, MDC/card reader, Switch-Box, Siren/Speaker, Flashlight,

Prisoner Cage, Trunk shotgun mount, Trunk mounted LED's...

(Installation was performed by HCSO garage)

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh207_Drummer4life03_1.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh207_Drummer4life03_1_1.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh207_Drummer4life03_4.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh207_Drummer4life03_3.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh207_Drummer4life03_2.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh207_Drummer4life03_7.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh207_Drummer4life03_8.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh207_Drummer4life03_6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

upnorth896

Dec 13, 2011
MI
Kind of "old school" with the stacked siren/light bar setup. Brings back the momories of the old "tree" setups! But, if it works, stick with it.

I dont care for it. From the console, or lack there of, to the lightbar cables. Seems silly to buy a new car and used old school install techniques and parts. I bet they get an extra $25.00 for the car when they resale it without a hole in the roof.

Is this your daily patrol car or did you provide the equipment? v8/v6? I do like the color and graphics.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
I agree. The interior sucks! Look how cramped it is. They look like they were forced to stack the light controller and the siren because of that dumb console. And the lightbar cable? Wow! Just terrible!

I couldnt be in that car all cluttered like that.

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
kenton1979 said:
I dont care for it. From the console, or lack there of, to the lightbar cables. Seems silly to buy a new car and used old school install techniques and parts. I bet they get an extra $25.00 for the car when they resale it without a hole in the roof.

Is this your daily patrol car or did you provide the equipment? v8/v6? I do like the color and graphics.

All HCSO cars, where installation was done by their garage, have the lightbar cables running down the windshield, that's just how they do it..

This is not my patrol car nor did we supply them w/ equipment. Nearly all equipment (except what wouldn't fit from the CVPI's)

was reused on the new fleet....I would assume this was done to keep costs down. It is the V8, and all the Deputies LOVE the new Caprice!

The paint, although black, is metallic.

mcgourtymd

May 20, 2010
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Though the setup is old school it achieves its purpose. Some of the contract cars have different setups but that is because the contracted municipality pays for the equipment. In the case of this car, it is a county car and that is the standard setup. And as Tri-State PSE stated that is the way the garage personnel have always done the installs including the running of the cable.

As for the markings, that is governed by the Buckeye State Sheriff's Association as dictated by the Ohio Revised Code. There are slight variations from county to county but on the whole every sheriff's vehicle throughout the state has a similar design.

Finally and for reference, below are some pictures of the Ford Next Generation Interceptors. These are setup similar to the Caprices.

Matthew

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02797.jpg

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
exphillycop said:
I haven't seen that Federal switchbox and pa300 setup since my '92 crown vic........really old school.

I had the same exact set up in my squad car for 3 1/2 years, when I joined. It powered a all light Streethawk, as well. I only stopped using it when I left the department last summer!

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
I would rather ditch the MDT and associated computer crap in exchange for an SS2000. At least you could re-use it over and over and not look like you just went to a swap meet from 1993.

Overall 4 out of 10.

mcgourtymd said:
Though the setup is old school it achieves its purpose. Some of the contract cars have different setups but that is because the contracted municipality pays for the equipment. In the case of this car, it is a county car and that is the standard setup. And as Tri-State PSE stated that is the way the garage personnel have always done the installs including the running of the cable.

Matthew

Riding a horse is old school and serves a purpose, but we dont do that anymore... Well most of us atleast...

I am not trying to be a jerk it just reminds me of the whole nickle holding up a dollar arguement. I understand and respect tradition but poor design and execution is another matter. This is only my opinion and I am not trying to offend anyone.

If you do what you always did you get what you always got.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Dave@P1 said:
I had the same exact set up in my squad car for 3 1/2 years, when I joined. It powered a all light Streethawk, as well. I only stopped using it when I left the department last summer!

Dave, thats my exact setup I'm running right now until I get my car back. They are refurbishing my car and updating the equipment. Before I turned it in i also had the same set-up. lol

mcgourtymd

May 20, 2010
Cincinnati, OH, USA
FireEMSPolice said:
Now that Police Interceptor Sedan is MUCH better, except for the lightbar cable. No interior shots?

Unfortunately I do not have interior shots after the equipment was installed but I can definitely try to get some.

In case anyone was wondering about the MDC and MDC mount that is purchased by a separate county agency that oversees the countywide law enforcement database that all 49 police agencies in the county and the courts are tied into; it is known as RCIC (You can see the emblem on the lid of the laptop in one of the pictures of the Caprice). It is funded by a countywide tax levy and they are transitioning from Panasonic Tough Books with Lund mounts to General Dynamics laptops with Havis mounts.

Matthew

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.